sebbivism

DIR EN GREY new single, new live DVD/BD, new domestic tour

I'm excited for new music mostly. And i like the idea of seeing a good chunk of VULGAR songs performed with the band in their current state. I really dislike KISOU so i can't say i care too much bout that but it should be interesting. As for another revisting of  DUM SPIRO SPERO.....the band needs to let that album go. We have so many DVD's and the last Budokan show that was dedicated to that one live. Someone in the earlier posts mentioned MACABRE, they could've easily done that instead. Its starting to get aggravating. 

Either way. I'm impatient. Lets see where it goes. 

how is everyone so calm i almost fell off my bed reading all this

Maybe, people who listen to DIR EN GREY are more... mature ?!

I think this is a very good news for all of us but we don't need to post a comment with a lot of emoticons to say how excited we are.

DIR EN GREY is a safe bet and we don't need to post how big is the hype to convince everyone ^_^

I think this is a very good news for all of us but we don't need to post a comment with a lot of emoticons to say how excited we are.

DIR EN GREY is a safe bet and we don't need to post how big is the hype to convince everyone ^_^

oh noez! better not use emoticons or exclamations, guys. Expressing yours excitement in that way would in that way will get you caught by the maturity police.

RFQLVx5.gif

thanks for your opinion but what is the relevance of any of this to your maturity? good for u for not freaking out, next time i should clarify that again these are my emotions, that this is a web forum, that i have a sense of humour and that i genuinely dont care what anyone thinks about me or dir en grey. once again, thank you for sharing your completely unrelated opinion, which your really seem to do a lot of on here, and enjoy sipping your tea on your soapbox over this news while i whip out my emoticons in my kyo cosplay next time ^>^

FOR THE GODDAMN SAKE OF STAYING ON TOPIC:

im (like everyone else) confused as to why they wanted to revist DSS, im one of the few here who loves the album and their live performances in the DSS era were quite rocky. maybe shinya felt the sudden need to turn up his technique, if so i'd like to thank not only god but jesus too.

in hindsight, i feel like arche's creation was spawned by dissatisfation with the tech-deathcore and heavy studio effects of DSS which is why they went back to their "roots". but who really knows whats going through their heads, im just excited cuz the japanese fans get to hear mushi and undecided again for the kisou tour, DIABOLOS + lotus for the DSS tour and audience killer loop and amber for the vulgar tour

/creys cuz im not in japan.

thanks for your opinion but what is the relevance of any of this to your maturity? good for u for not freaking out, next time i should clarify that again these are my emotions, that this is a web forum, that i have a sense of humour and that i genuinely dont care what anyone thinks about me or dir en grey. once again, thank you for sharing your completely unrelated opinion, which your really seem to do a lot of on here, and enjoy sipping your tea on your soapbox over this news while i whip out my emoticons in my kyo cosplay next time ^>^

FOR THE GODDAMN SAKE OF STAYING ON TOPIC:

im (like everyone else) confused as to why they wanted to revist DSS, im one of the few here who loves the album and their live performances in the DSS era were quite rocky. maybe shinya felt the sudden need to turn up his technique, if so i'd like to thank not only god but jesus too.

in hindsight, i feel like arche's creation was spawned by dissatisfation with the tech-deathcore and heavy studio effects of DSS which is why they went back to their "roots". but who really knows whats going through their heads, im just excited cuz the japanese fans get to hear mushi and undecided again for the kisou tour, DIABOLOS + lotus for the DSS tour and audience killer loop and amber for the vulgar tour

/creys cuz im not in japan.

The problem with DSS is that it was mostly pieced together in the studio with no regard for how it would sound live. They sat behind their laptops layering riffs and whatnot, then rehearsal for the shows roll around and they realized they couldn't really recreate the sound that well. Shinya programs crazy ass drum patterns, then can't actually nail them when he's sitting behind the kit. This carried on thru to The Unraveling, too, where songs like the title track and Unknown.Despair.Lost just sounded thin and hollow without all the studio overdubs.

So yeah, it's curious that they want to devote shows to DSS yet again. Maybe some renewed confidence has surfaced and they feel like they can tackle it again.

Remaking Unknown...Despair...a Lost was a crime in every way. One of few things I can't accept when it comes to Dir en grey and I'm generally in favor of most of their remakes.

Anyone here planning on hitting the VULGAR tour though? I was planning on joining it from Osaka and onwards and meeting other fans is always fun.

And to speculate a bit, I wonder if the tour will contain other tracks of the era, I'm expecting Fukai but I'm wondering whether they'll go for full on VULGAR era setlists with six Ugly material too or if they'll do it like the GAUZE tour and mix it up with their latest material.

That new look is stylin'. Plus a new single and tours revisiting Vulgar and Kisou? Nice....

(correct me if i'm wrong, but did they just plain skip Macabre? I remember they did that Gauze tour, but i can't remember anything like that for Macabre...)

My theory is that by judging from the tour name "TOUR16-17" it will be a long tour that will continuing on to next year as well. Maybe they continuing with the other albums in 2017? TMOAB, Wtd., MACABRE, UROBOROS. But I personally think they should skip DDS and UROBOROS for now..

99.9% sure that the reason they're revisiting DSS now is because of the five year benchmark. My prediction is Macabre, WTD, and/or Marrow for next year.

the ARCHE AT NIPPON BUDOKAN set drops in stores on June 29th.

Blu-ray

First Press Limited Edition: 3 Discs (2Blu-ray + CD) SFXD-0017 ~ 19 ¥ 11,000 (tax out)
Regular Edition: Blu-ray SFXD-0020 ¥ 7,800 (tax out)

DVD
First Press Limited Edition: 4 Discs (3DVD + CD) SFBD-0066 ~ 69 ¥ 10,000 (tax out)
Regular Edition: 2 Discs (2DVD) SFBD-0070 ~ 71 ¥ 6,800 (tax out)

full contents are now revealed.

main video:

NIPPON BUDOKAN 2016.02.05

01. Intro
02. Un Deux
03. 咀嚼
04. 鱗
05. Phenomenon
06. Cause Of Fickleness
07. 濤声
08. 輪郭
    INWARD SCREAM