sebbivism

DIR EN GREY new single, new live DVD/BD, new domestic tour

i wanna see shinya go black again, i think a long middle part samara haircut would have suited the freaky theme more

its out in july hopefully previews in june?!??!!?!? plz

13 hours ago, emmny said:

i wanna see shinya go black again, i think a long middle part samara haircut would have suited the freaky theme more

its out in july hopefully previews in june?!??!!?!? plz

Blonde Die bothers me. 

25 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Blonde Die bothers me. 

its sexy in the pic but i think it'll look rlly odd irl

Edited by emmny

47 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Blonde Die bothers me. 

24 minutes ago, emmny said:

its sexy in the pic but i think it'll look rlly odd irl

So long he wears that smoky eyes, it's fine. He is one of those people that look dramatically better with than without.

lmao Kyo sounds exactly the same as always though? At least he has a voice again after barely having one during the TMOAB-UROBOROS era.

11 hours ago, saishuu said:

lmao Kyo sounds exactly the same as always though? At least he has a voice again after barely having one during the TMOAB-UROBOROS era.

Or during that one AGE QUOD AGIS Ratio ducat, non fortuna live where they all dressed as zombies. I've never heard a worse rendition of LOTUS. IIRC, Kyo was having problems with vocal nodules at that time.

He sounds great in the above trailer. A little strained, perhaps, but he does tend to stretch his vocals to their limits constantly. Nothing unusual.

6 hours ago, EvilHippy said:

What is the point of making (Short Ver.) video of a short (2:50) song?

don't ask

I have checked the "perfect edition" and well, guess I had these qualms about potential drawbacks during post-1st listening sessions for a good reason: ARCHE as a whole is the album which unfortunately enough requires max attention AND activity span from their audience in order to channel the full potential of these songs. I am pretty sure there was more than a half of the folks being confused about Kyo meowmeowing throughout his Kyopera chants on "Uroko", or his incomprehensible mumbling during "Chain Repulsion" (which is rather okay studio-wise). Thankfully enough, a few positive surprises popped up along the way:

- "Behind a Vacant Image" sounds much stronger now (?). Especially the chorus + outro finale sound much more effective when the audience audibly/visibly realized when and how to participate there.

- "Rinkaku" has much more audible chorus "aah aahs" (they make the chorus, mind you) and additional piano to contribute some melodic touches in the midst of that mushy guitar interplay. Kyopera sounds overwhelmingly different here though.

- "Cause of Fickleness" and "Midwife"...YES, the kind of art and practice where they - Kyo and co. - excel. The good ol' nostalgic dose of weird en grey with enough dynamicity to make fans intrigued enough.

-  STU is the Hageshisa of ARCHE pretty much.

Edited by Alroy