Rosebetz

the GazettE new album "DOGMA" 8/2015 release

Well well, looks like taking 2 years instead of 1 to work on an album really does work out. I'm excited for the GazettE once again.

This is what I've been waiting for since DIM. Still not getting my hopes up as this band has a way of destroying them but for now I can place expectations for DOGMA above "absolute pile of shit". Which is always a great thing.

Also, is it just me or does the pretentious art-school motif of OMINOUS PV remind anyone of another ballad like promotional PV?

But hey if they took inspiration from ARCHE this album's already shaping up to be something promising.

am i the only one that isn't exactly blown away by this? I mean it's an okay song and all, but i probably wouldn't listen to it a second time.

maybe it'll bloom in the full album context, i still have some hope for this band/album

The first part of the song had me thinking it might turn out differently, but rest was kind of your standard Gazette fair, which isn't a bad thing. I can dig it.

Ehh, we'll see... I'm not too convinced by this just yet (doesn't feel like anything exciting), but it is the closing track, so maybe I'll like it better in an album context.

Also, gotta mention my pet peeve how I hate it when bands reveal the last track of their albums in advance, where's the fun in that? XD

am i the only one that isn't exactly blown away by this? I mean it's an okay song and all, but i probably wouldn't listen to it a second time.

maybe it'll bloom in the full album context, i still have some hope for this band/album

I'm there too. It's nice that they are taking some new inspirations finally (kinda sounds reminiscent of some Nagoya bands, tbh) and its fairly well done. But it's still not raising my bar of expectations for this album. I feel like I should hold out for the next pv to make a decision. Since this kinda feels like "our pv is taking longer than expected here, snack on this until the main course."

I dunno, musically I thought it was good, alright, but I think Ruki just doesn't make great melodies any more. His choruses don't catch my attention. Especially on slow songs. Since Division they're all executed similarly in progression and structure. Very flowy and flat.

I do agree that this is probably one of the most solid songs they've released in a while. The first 1:30 seconds are really great. They've definitely nailed integrating electonics with their Gazerock and props to them for struggling through and sticking with new musical elements. They really wanted it and fought hard for it.

Sounds awesome, their best ballad since Dim scene. i think Ruki sounds really good and i love guitars, really complex for them, good job Gazette.

But i always love their heavy stuff more, and looks like we will get some heavy songs from Dogma, hello 3min songs. But still, for a ballad this is really surprising, because their ballads after Dim was very boring and monotonous for me.

Just starting the video but could already tell this is some NIN and Sukekiyo inspiration

Ruki also lifted part of the verse melody from Kyo in Maneria (Vitium)

The song is brilliant and keeps getting better, I hope the album can live up to this because if it does it could be among their best

I dunno, musically I thought it was good, alright, but I think Ruki just doesn't make great melodies any more. His choruses don't catch my attention. Especially on slow songs. Since Division they're all executed similarly in progression and structure. Very flowy and flat.

^ This.

what you said above has been my main issue with this band for a long time. when i think of memorable gazette ballads i think of 紅蓮, PLEDGE (their best imo), and ok maybe Cassis. yeah this song might sound somewhat intriguing and can be fun to soak in for 5 min, but it leaves such a faint impression on me i literally can't remember what had gone on the moment the pv ends. the same thing can be said of the majority of what they have released in the past few years.

but since there's so much hype from fans and non-fans i guess i'll hang around a little longer than usual.

Yeah I think this is really good. The sound is particularly amazing that ominous feeling you get from hearing it is pretty spectacular. I guess i hoped for more in the lyrics department, but I guess all together it' still a good song.

I do wish I didn't hear the last song first though since I usually look forward to their closing songs but yeah I guess that's over 

ok cool so im not the only person who had their face melted ALL THE FUCKING WAY OFF GODDAMN THIS IS AWESOME

transitions are a lil choppy but i really love how it moves through different phases its totally new for gazette but its the same sound WOW ruki queen go AWF

That's quite a surprising song quality-wise. Sound-wise I hear nothing new and nothing they haven't done before, but it sounds pretty cool. I expect another DIM, though. A few good songs, some mediocre ones and some godawful ones that I'll rank among the worst songs ever made by man. I hope I am wrong, but this is Gazette after all.

I have that admit that now they get my attention. The songs is definitively great, now i need listen this new album to have the sure that this new work is awesome XD 

Prefer dont have expectations!

It's a real goddamn shame that Gazette is really looking forward to PLEASE THEIR FANS instead of being more loyal to their own interests and ideas (most careful ones could pinpoint this after witnessing the humongous amount of hype Ruki has tried to build up while making us wait). My tinfoil hat is not on atm, so I am not gonna let my Tomomi-isms slide in and blame it all on PSC...

Actually, I remember when me and a few co. from our community had a small discussion on "what-if" situations (in terms of Gazette ofc). Even if most disagreed or just saw it as something absurd, I REALLY THINK the band should reflect their auditory (heh) interests a bit more instead of letting Ruki refine their visual image to match #2k15#rad#wack-tumblrist pseudo-fashion. Say:

Why won't Gazette delve further into sea changes (new, general approaches on soundscape/technical department etc.), instead of sticking to (how Stallion or others would express it) "good ol' Gazerock"?

I don't know about you, community, but I never witnessed them doing something radical (even DIM was something half-expected back in the day, methinks)...PSC policy? No. The band being unable to take risks TOGETHER? Yes.

TL;DR -  wake me up when Gazette is gonna pop up with a new release w/ e.g. dominant "urban music" sensibilities (or anything that's more or less "sudden") that were unfortunately so subtle on "Stacked Rubbish" (Agony, Calm Envy, backing vox @ FITB)*

Gazette is not a purely alternative act with sympathies towards experimentalism, yes - but knowing the variety of "colors" they have amassed on their "palette of sounds" (e.g. b-sides), I am pretty confident in them being anything but one-trick ponies.

*Ruki and Kai are rather avid urban music enthusiasts (in Ruki's case e.g. Tricky-ish alt. hip hop stuff), I tell you