zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

Just spent the past two hours fixing my broken glasses with superglue + removing said superglue off the lenses. 

This is just after I healed up my sprained ankle that I got falling down the stairs doing laundry on Sunday.

CLUMSY AF

1351803755470.png

I have the urge to delete all the music in my computer in effort to release myself from this sort of a creative gridlock I'm in. The convoluted music library with a bunch of shit I've been too lazy to remove is really fucking with my vibes and I have a hard time to instigate drive and focus for a certain theme I might be feeling. 

It's hard to explain but it's like when I look at my music library I don't see myself in there, so god forbid if I was to say die right at this second and someone was to investigate my computer, they surely wouldn't be able to make anything out of me based on the shit I have there. Somehow this upsets me when I have to browse all the stuff I got for inspiration. One moment I might go 'This is what I feel like now, this is what i'll do' which then would last right about until I started looking for more stuff like it and all I see is some crap I downloaded in bulk during a who gives a shit day in march 2014. Music doesn't deserve to be just downloaded for the hell of it anyways

Last.fm brought cohesion when all I had to look was my top artists that'd instantly take me to place I want to feel. Who knows why but that sort of aesthetic experience is important to me. What they did to last.fm is absolutely criminal, but the worst thing is that I might pathetically crawl myself back in with my hat in hand.

If you do manage to delete everything, I'd be interested in knowing what develops afterwards.

I feel like I can relate in a way, though. I've downloaded so much over the years, for a plethora of reasons, but mostly just because I could. I've spent an insane amount of time 'perfecting' my digital music library (especially the Japanese stuff), as if I were rearing it for some kind of grand exhibition in a future that hasn't come. But at the end of the day, it's much less of a spectacle and more like a cesspool of unbridled self-indulgence.

It really brings to light how much of a double-edged sword that downloading music can be. For me it started off as more of a childish fascination, but these days, I feel like rampant, poke'mon music collecting is just unnecessarily bombastic and even a bit perverse. When I first jumped into the deep end of piracy, I hadn't considered the possibility that I'd come to value something as immeasurably fulfilling as music in mere megabytes. I guess after years of lacking self-moderation, I've finally had my fill.

And with that said, I've been trying to cut back on this habit. I'm also making an attempt prune my library of all of my whims and passing-curiosities. It's a tall order, considering the stack of shit I've piled up for over a decade now, but ideally, I'll get my library back to things essential to my interests.

CD/Record collecting is probably a more worthwhile endeavor, though. At least it's something that can be passed on to future generations, and is a bit more tangible than readily perishable digital files.

I feel you on last.fm btw. I never stopped scrobbling, but...that aesthetic experience you mentioned is almost non-existent now. Any traces of it are buried deep under the poor design and alleged functionality. Still, I wouldn't blame you for returning. Hell, I didn't even have the balls to leave the damn site.

I find this topic, to some extent, relatable as well.

My current music library is roughly 14k songs, but It peaked at 22k at some point. 

Being such a completionist (to some extent I still am), I wanted to have every soundtrack, character song collection, etc. for whatever anime series/movie that I watched. 

Then during my senior year of HS a good friend of mine w/ similar interests jokingly challenged me to play the tracks on my Ipod on shuffle, some stupid soundtrack track came out and I had ZERO idea where it was from.

We chuckled a bit before switching tracks, but in my head I came to the realization that I wasn't even familiar with half the tracks I even possessed. About a year or so later (out of laziness), I went ahead and purged 7,000 songs and that was that.

Now that CD collecting is front-and-center as one of my hobbies, I've started chomping down at some of the "illegal" bits of my library.

Also using Apple Music JP on the regular, it's very possible at this point for me to go entirely legal.

Yet, my greatest fear is ~10 years from now if I become disinterested/dispassionate about the music I'm currently interested in...

While I'm confident that I'm not fickle my music tastes, I have no clue what the future has in store. 

^ Similar thing happened to me!

I had a huge library of music and going through it I was like "who the hell is this" & "the fuck is this?"

Now I've narrowed it down and have started to grow my CD collection :3

feels good man

So i found out theres a Hotel named Aferni. 

I AM SO BOOKING IT LOL, but its in morocco. fk

Once you accept horniness will forever go unfufilled and lead to naught but frustration, you can be free of it's plague.

how to i get free of this awful plague? It comes and goes as my eyes see nice booty, or really nice face. Asian make the sickness even worse because they can look so perfect.

Exactly why out of many countries Japan has to go totes strict with their country restrictions on YT? No wonder that even Cool Japan (which flopped hard, unsurprisingly) couldn't save Japan from suicidal direction in their worldwide trend popularity etc. (to compare: S. Korean acts use YT actively for promo means and look - they actually do better)

Saying this while wondering when Polysics will finally open their current PVs to non-Japanese folks :(

Also: Rutracker got blocked completely (not just locally) - lol @ Roskomnadzor

iBLrG.gif

Proxies ready to roll!

Exactly why out of many countries Japan has to go totes strict with their country restrictions on YT? No wonder that even Cool Japan (which flopped hard, unsurprisingly) couldn't save Japan from suicidal direction in their worldwide trend popularity etc. (to compare: S. Korean acts use YT actively for promo means and look - they actually do better)

--

As a Finn I am yet to encounter anything Japanese in Youtube that has been geoblocked. Whereas I've encountered tons of geoblocked American stuff. Damn you 'muricans. 

As a Finn I am yet to encounter anything Japanese in Youtube that has been geoblocked. Whereas I've encountered tons of geoblocked American stuff. Damn you 'muricans. 

For instance, most Warner/SMEJ videos are blocked. Not saying all peeps do it, just that quite many J-artists (read: J-pop ones, idk whether major VK bands bother to block their PVs here) had this total lockdown in terms of worldwide PV access ever since the advent of Youtube Red.

Not that this is the first time someone complains about this issue, really. I just feel saddened that this contributes its own share to wreckage of Japanese pop culture internationally (where that J-music boom at? We have only Koreaboos going wild atm...minus Babymetal stans)

After all the time, after you only became a memory, a shadow of the past I still miss you more than I could ever describe with words while you forgot me like I was just a phase. Still the agony doesn't end and it hurts like it was the first day.

It doesn't matter how much i drink or whatever I do I can't ban you from my thoughts. I'd wish this curse would finallly come to an end.

Too bad Mr. Ochs won't play in Munich, it's the only bad thing of moving from one end of the country to the other.

He was right back then that I will make it somehow. Would like to see that guy once again and listen to his beautiful music live and maybe speaking one or two words to each other afterwards. He's a very nice guy.

*tries to cook*

*kills everyone in the kitchen*

me when i almost set my house on fire making breadcrumbs

I feel you on last.fm btw. I never stopped scrobbling, but...that aesthetic experience you mentioned is almost non-existent now. Any traces of it are buried deep under the poor design and alleged functionality. Still, I wouldn't blame you for returning. Hell, I didn't even have the balls to leave the damn site.

LAST.FM IS deadass crack cocaine its shit but u hate urself for being unable to get off of it