zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

Should have pre-loaded the Division beta on my Xbox two days ago when it was already available. I've been downloading for approximately six hours now and it's only halfway done. It hate the One's awful downloading speed, it's horrible. All my other systems do this just fine but the One always seems to have an extremely high latency (395ms, what?!) as it connects to the servers in the United States automatically. Can't they fix this crap?

I really need a job, I hate feeling like I'm doing nothing with my life.  I'm so sick of being dead broke all the time, and barely scraping by- sometimes by sheer luck- every month.  I have a 4-year university degree in business admin and marketing, I've applied for hundreds of jobs, had many interviews, and always am given BS reasons (often contradicting themselves) as to why I'm not a good fit.

After nearly two years of this, I'm starting to feel rather worthless.

^lmao why did i think that was powerstone

I have the urge to delete all the music in my computer in effort to release myself from this sort of a creative gridlock I'm in. The convoluted music library with a bunch of shit I've been too lazy to remove is really fucking with my vibes and I have a hard time to instigate drive and focus for a certain theme I might be feeling. 

It's hard to explain but it's like when I look at my music library I don't see myself in there, so god forbid if I was to say die right at this second and someone was to investigate my computer, they surely wouldn't be able to make anything out of me based on the shit I have there. Somehow this upsets me when I have to browse all the stuff I got for inspiration. One moment I might go 'This is what I feel like now, this is what i'll do' which then would last right about until I started looking for more stuff like it and all I see is some crap I downloaded in bulk during a who gives a shit day in march 2014. Music doesn't deserve to be just downloaded for the hell of it anyways

Last.fm brought cohesion when all I had to look was my top artists that'd instantly take me to place I want to feel. Who knows why but that sort of aesthetic experience is important to me. What they did to last.fm is absolutely criminal, but the worst thing is that I might pathetically crawl myself back in with my hat in hand.

Thank Jesus it's Friday, time to drink till I find inanimate objects attractive.

I really need to do this.  Better yet, drink until I can't see those inanimate objects.

if apple pie had a dick i would suck it. made another on and its cooling off, and im food horny!

if apple pie had a dick i would suck it. made another on and its cooling off, and im food horny!

*sets up an apple pie conveyor belt*

Not exactly "random questions" but here we go:

Anyone having specific recs concerning (comfy) laptops with more than just decent battery life, processors with i4 or even above (preferably i5) and almost flawless Linux + virtual machine compatibility? Let's say prices I'd accept could lie between 500 - 900 $ (not really expecting to see such comps on the other side of this spectrum but color me surprised if you do).

Defo not cool with my current laptop's (HP mini 210-2000, hella old!) 2,5 h battery life + jittering by courtesy of Linux' unfortunate battery draining features (@nostalgia, pls?)

Not exactly "random questions" but here we go:

Anyone having specific recs concerning (comfy) laptops with more than just decent battery life, processors with i4 or even above (preferably i5) and almost flawless Linux + virtual machine compatibility? Let's say prices I'd accept could lie between 500 - 900 $ (not really expecting to see such comps on the other side of this spectrum but color me surprised if you do).

Defo not cool with my current laptop's (HP mini 210-2000, hella old!) 2,5 h battery life + jittering by courtesy of Linux' unfortunate battery draining features (@nostalgia, pls?)

You are looking for the Holy Grail sir lol. I don't have a model to recommend you right now but what I do recommend is that you look for "flawless Linux + virtual machine compatibility" first and then work your way back to the type of processor you want. You can always buy a better battery later.

Also, if you haven't install TLP / JUPITER. It will help a lot with your power consumption issues.

My birthday today, and the only person I really want to be with is in another town now. Will be fun with my friends and all, but really wish we could fix our issues and be together already...

Happy Birthday!

I really need a scan of the WoC cover shirt-version do get a backpatch done to start a new metal vest. A new black denim vest would also be great but since most aren't worth their money and I can't find a proper vest that is wide enough in the shoulders and small enough around the stomach I'll go with my first one. *first-world-metalhead-problems*