Trombe

Sadie 真緒(mao) & 美月(mizuki) new unit "The THIRTEEN" new album "PANDEMIC" release

I think it's fair to hold a band to a certain standard, and Master of Romance showcased Sadie's influence without being too obvious. And while I get that it's extremely common and often encouraged that jrock/VK bands copy songs from other artists, it still bothers me. It shows a lack of creativity, and it's even worse when you know the band has talent but settles on ripping off riffs, arrangements, etc.

I'm not entirely sure the DEG/Sukekiyo comparisons is accurate, since the whole idea of a side project is to create music that doesn't fit with the vision of your main project. I don't hear many similarities between them aside from the familiarity of Kyo's vocals. My issue with the THIRTEEN is that so far it just sounds like Sadie stealing another song. I'll admit it's not a fair assumption since very little is out there to judge, but that's my initial reaction.

As far as expressing opinions here, I'm sure we can agree that "This band fucking sucks" is just as pointless and non-constructive as "I love everything these guys do." But not everyone is going to take the time to give detailed reasons why they feel a certain way. But if it ever comes down to "if you don't like it, don't comment", well, I'm going to point out how ridiculous a concept that is. It's very rare for a group of people from all over the world to unanimously share an opinion, especially over music.

Lemme break this down you two Lestat, Yuyodrift.

Everyone has opinions. If you don't like said opinions, that's too bad. We all aren't the same. We are human. Congratulations you two, you just wasted x amount of time writing a wall of text trying to police people who don't share the same opinion as you. Sad to break it to you but it probably didn't work. I might also add here that such text "also doesn't help a band improve, if you know what I mean."  Y'all both could've said how y'all felt about the project, like everyone else here has and kept it moving.  But no, you didn't and now look at this thread. Thank you so much guys. Literally, everything was fine up to this point. 

picard_clapping.gif

Also, lighten up guys. Seriously....are we not supposed to have fun from time and crack harmless jokes? 

Lemme break this down you two Lestat, Yuyodrift.

Everyone has opinions. If you don't like said opinions, that's too bad. We all aren't the same. We are human. Congratulations you two, you just wasted x amount of time writing a wall of text trying to police people who don't share the same opinion as you. Sad to break it to you but it probably didn't work. I might also add here that such text "also doesn't help a band improve, if you know what I mean."  Y'all both could've said how y'all felt about the project, like everyone else here has and kept it moving.  But no, you didn't and now look at this thread. Thank you so much guys. Literally, everything was fine up to this point. 

picard_clapping.gif

Also, lighten up guys. Seriously....are we not supposed to have fun from time and crack harmless jokes? 

Thanks for pointing out the obvious. This conversation should've been moved to a rant thread, but what can we do? We are human. I'll gladly continue the conversation somewhere else.

Getting back on topic:

I'm not sure about all the hype (don't follow every artist on social media), but I found out about this the other day. This looks like an interesting project. Looking forward to Mao's work.

It will also turn out like this for Grieva. They implement a lot of Dir en grey's former ideas in their music – and they will be criticized for it for the duration of their career. But the point is; we know. We do not need that validation from people who do not even care in the slightest with every release they churn out because it has been addressed a million times over already. That is what tires fans.

the only issue with the comparison is that grieva actually have talent    ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The more I listen to that preview, the more it reminds me of R-shitei... at least how they occasionally sounds like.

Besides Chainsaw,

I hear nothing but straight originality, which i dig. There's quite a few songs that I can't wait listen to.

Totally loving that they Mizuki is messing with Drop A tuning too.

I don't think SADIE is coming back depending on how well this album does. And this really makes me wonder what exactly happened that caused the hiatus in the first place. Seeing as though MAO and Mizuki just got right back at it soon after SADIE halted activities, one would think there was some kind of dispute or what not between Mao/Mizu and everyone else. 

I can't make it all the way thru the preview...

What isn't helping AT ALL is how practically every second of what I did get thru had Mao screaming thru the world's most annoying voice filter. All I hear is static. 

Maybe this album is really just a cry for help.

"Many of Japan's vkei artists have been hit with severe cases of musician's block, so they keep releasing subpar material. We are raising awareness for this epidemic with the release of our new album "Pandemic".  We feel that the title and music will strongly communicate our message (especially the music). Please help us raise money to find a cure by buying our album.  Thank you, Mao & Mizuki of Th13teen"

On 4/27/2016 at 6:05 AM, gnk777 said:

tumblr_inline_nj7vwoux2c1rui2px.gif

Edited by 『Hotcakes Butt MK II』