CAT5

Post your "UNPOPULAR" music opinions!

pretz kuroyuri is one step too "nu-metal", but i get what you're saying. unsraw and nega both played within the nu-metal/core sphere but they definitely leaned closer to the core side, ya feel? its kind complicated but listen to BIRAN by savage and you'll get the kind of vibe im envisioning.

edit: the girugamesh song works for the sound i have in mind but giru's still too alt/nu metal

Mejibray's Recent stuff still is better than anything versailles or the false king kamijo has every done!

also Crystal Lake and Endzweck are both more terrible then the worst of visual kei. So generic and a pathetic attempt at going hard.

Mejibray's Recent stuff still is better than anything versailles or the false king kamijo has every done!

This is troll bait to the extreme. This may not be what you're intending, but this is what it's coming off as, to me. WITH THAT said.... Seeing as though Versailles was dropping some pretty MEH stuff before their hiatus, its not too far fetched to say that any band dropping stuff around that specific time too, surpassed them...

As for Kamijo, also troll bait. Even people who aren't big Kamijo fans can acknowledge how much this man put into the VK scene. He's put up high on a pedistool for a reason. The man is talented, the man can sing and as much as he shined with Versailles, his recent stuff showed that he's just as great without them. Not many vocalists can do that. Kamjio is that Nigga.  Mejibray is a hot commodity right now, this cannot be denied. As much as it grinds my gears that people dick ride them like they really are something that special and have paved the way for something new in VK, I cant deny that I can somewhat see the appeal. With that said, NOTHING, NOTHING they've done can ever surpass Versailles's run as a whole (despite their iffyness) Nor Kamijo, solo. Its not happening. That is a bold faced straight up lie, imo. And I think anyone here can agree on that. 

This is troll bait to the extreme. This may not be what you're intending, but this is what it's coming off as, to me. WITH THAT said.... Seeing as though Versailles was dropping some pretty MEH stuff before their hiatus, its not too far fetched to say that any band dropping stuff around that specific time too, surpassed them...

As for Kamijo, also troll bait. Even people who aren't big Kamijo fans can acknowledge how much this man put into the VK scene. He's put up high on a pedistool for a reason. The man is talented, the man can sing and as much as he shined with Versailles, his recent stuff showed that he's just as great without them. Not many vocalists can do that. Kamjio is that Nigga.  Mejibray is a hot commodity right now, this cannot be denied. As much as it grinds my gears that people dick ride them like they really are something that special and have paved the way for something new in VK, I cant deny that I can somewhat see the appeal. With that said, NOTHING, NOTHING they've done can ever surpass Versailles's run as a whole (despite their iffyness) Nor Kamijo, solo. Its not happening. That is a bold faced straight up lie, imo. And I think anyone here can agree on that. 

Yeah not what intended, I honestly think so, and that applies to before hiatus period.

Doesnt matter how much he put in, i just see him as like the K-pop psy. Someone a bunch of people flocked too because the music is easy. He can sing in a generic and social excepted way, but that isn't anything to be amazed by since all you need is some lesson. I need flavor, something that isnt the normal, something to get the juices flowing and grab my attention. Now if it was kaya in his place i could maybe respect that, cause he kinda throws his own spice into the mix. But getting back to Tsu he has skills as he showed in like shuuei, raven, sadisgate, Fell to the HEAVEN, hakuraku 2011 ect. and just experimented with harsh Negator NEGATOR mixing both exhale and inhale. So he would be great as a solo artist, but will the general public like it, maybe not. Not a lie what i believe. And they are free to agree with you.

Edited by blackdoll

Yeah not what intended, I honestly think so, and that applies to before hiatus period.

Doesnt matter how much he put in, i just see him as like the K-pop psy. Someone a bunch of people flocked too because the music is easy. He can sing in a generic and social excepted way, but that isn't anything to be amazed by since all you need is some lesson. I need flavor, something that isnt the normal, something to get the juices flowing and grab my attention. Now if it was kaya in his place i could maybe respect that, cause he kinda throws his own spice into the mix. But getting back to Tsu he has skills as he showed in like shuuei, raven, sadisgate, Fell to the HEAVEN, hakuraku 2011 ect. and just experimented with harsh Negator NEGATOR mixing both exhale and inhale. So he would be great as a solo artist, but will the general public like it, maybe not. Not a lie what i believe. And they are free to agree with you.

All Tsuzuku has proven in any release beyond サバト is that he can sound like a dying mongrel. There's nothing special about destroying your vocal chords by trying so hard to be different; it's idiotic and people will eventually begin to realize that MEJIBRAY started off with great potential, but faltered along the way because they strive so hard to be the next new legends in the scene and pump out release after release, the only thing being consistent about them as a band being that they can't find their own sound anymore and that they deteriorate with almost every new single they bring out. They have long wasted their ideals by depending on their visual appearance rather than promoting music that might actually break the charts, and by being young musicians, they are wasting these years to improve and actually decrease in quality.

Kamijo, on the other hand, has proven time and time again that he is a fantastic singer, componist, and artist. Most (not all, I am fairly honest here) of his releases as a solo artist are absolutely sublime when you look at the structure of how the music is put together. Everything fits, everything is musically correct, he continues to prove his power in this music scene and people do not follow him blindly; his fans do actually recognize his talent musically rather than how they simply fawn over his good looks. You can't say this about MEJIBRAY, because their releases often simply make no sense, it's noise-music and unpleasant to many ears whilst Kamijo can achieve a far wider audience.

Kamijo, on the other hand, has proven time and time again that he is a fantastic singer, componist, and artist. Most (not all, I am fairly honest here) of his releases as a solo artist are absolutely sublime when you look at the structure of how the music is put together. Everything fits, everything is musically correct, he continues to prove his power in this music scene and people do not follow him blindly; his fans do actually recognize his talent musically rather than how they simply fawn over his good looks. You can't say this about MEJIBRAY, because their releases often simply make no sense, it's noise-music and unpleasant to many ears whilst Kamijo can achieve a far wider audience.

nothing says fantastic musician like pretending to be a vampire for the past 20 years and rehashing the same tacky symphonic metal songs

All Tsuzuku has proven in any release beyond サバト is that he can sound like a dying mongrel. There's nothing special about destroying your vocal chords by trying so hard to be different; it's idiotic and people will eventually begin to realize that MEJIBRAY started off with great potential, but faltered along the way because they strive so hard to be the next new legends in the scene and pump out release after release, the only thing being consistent about them as a band being that they can't find their own sound anymore and that they deteriorate with almost every new single they bring out. They have long wasted their ideals by depending on their visual appearance rather than promoting music that might actually break the charts, and by being young musicians, they are wasting these years to improve and actually decrease in quality.

i think a lot of mejibray songs would sound much better if someone else was singing them. I like mejibray, but i would be lying if i said it isnt because i like the rest of the band more than i like tsuzuku ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

im not into versailles/kamijo/all the other stuff he was in but dude can sing.

wagakki band are trash why is everyone so hard for them

i have their 2 albums but i cant get into them no matter what either.

This (tho I don't think they're 'trash' xD).

Would have agreed if that latest release never happened. Found the album really solid with plenty of awesome tunes. 

About MEJIBRAY, they have their ups and downs like most bands really, but they certainly don't deserve the hate they get. Come to think of it, I think the obsessiveness in both hate and love for them is startling, there seems to be no in between. They're a good band, and they do good as musicians, and do good for their fans. Actually, I'm so glad they do stand out of the scene, and I think that's obvious as there's literally always someone talking about them, so good on them. On Kamijo, I'm sure it's clear how much of a significant figure he is in VK, so the recognision is muchly deserved.

I know the purpose of this is unpopular opinions but I wanted to put some nice words out on said recent artists. >.> Yes, I'm a sissy.

wagakki band are trash why is everyone so hard for them

It's because they are basically the only anime/vocaloid-fandom (assuming that they introduced them to us first, not the actual JAYYYRAWK fans) related group which we could take seriously? Also, add Kagrra/Onmyouza -based Japanesque nostalgia into the mix and you will realize why they are hyped :)

Also, there are no other J-acts which have kept the same course direction-wise while still managing to appeal folks - to compare in terms of forum hype: Charisma.com became very predictable and dull, speficic vk bands (especially Mejibray) practise enthusiastic rehashing etc. etc.

Feel free to name at least one latest act we should care about atm: all-the rage Japanese divas (Ayu, Namie)? We are not livejournal fandom. Ringo Shiina? Even a huge number of used-to-be-Ringo stans stopped caring about her after SUNNY ventures. Seiko Oomori? See: the staff response...

why does everyone wanna drag tzk when it comes to mejibray? even if there was another vocalist, they'd still sound like potato because of mia. mia's a barely competent guitarist at best, most of the choruses on their singles follow an almost identical chord progression. outside of some hizaki wannabe lead wankery, leda worship metalcore riffage there's really not much to his technique. this doesn't change the fact that he's done some amazing work for mejibray, but his technique is largely a rehash of better guitarists.

tzk has some stupid vocal shit he does, but i personally don't mind the annoying stuff. mahiro from kiryu does similar stuff which i find even more annoying than tzk but since he doesnt venture into actual dirty vocals (br00tal) no one really calls him out for it.

i feel bad for koichi bc he deals with these crackheads on the daily, he just plays his bass pretty well and looks beautiful at all hours of the day.

Umm your point to replying was? cause all i hear is support for Kamijo and Versalies being the norm. The Norm will always outweigh the minority that look for something different. But getting back to meji and tsu I wouldnt say they are going for the next legend, more like they have a lot of free time and want to make as much money as possible. Maybe to buy some pretty thing. Not sure why you mentioned looks, when this is visual kei and being VISUAL kei, there will always probably be those fans? And fairly honest really, i think fairly opionated is more like it, this is no way to say what good music is. We can say what cost more in production, sure. 

There's nothing special about destroying your vocal chords

It take balls!

ps. dying mongrel, idiotic, and noise-music destroyed your argument or W/E

why does everyone wanna drag tzk when it comes to mejibray? even if there was another vocalist, they'd still sound like potato because of mia. mia's a barely competent guitarist at best, most of the choruses on their singles follow an almost identical chord progression. outside of some hizaki wannabe lead wankery, leda worship metalcore riffage there's really not much to his technique. this doesn't change the fact that he's done some amazing work for mejibray, but his technique is largely a rehash of better guitarists.

tzk has some stupid vocal shit he does, but i personally don't mind the annoying stuff. mahiro from kiryu does similar stuff which i find even more annoying than tzk but since he doesnt venture into actual dirty vocals (br00tal) no one really calls him out for it.

i feel bad for koichi bc he deals with these crackheads on the daily, he just plays his bass pretty well and looks beautiful at all hours of the day.

inversely, i like mahiro's voice and i acknowledge he is annoying as well. he doesnt do anything br00tal but he does a lot of weird shit for sure.

not sure about other people but my problem with tsuzuku's voice is with specific songs where he is trying too much and sometimes during lives too. still, mejibray are entertaining to watch live and i like that they always draw a lot of attention.

about koichi

tumblr_mzv3u7mQUz1qckp4qo1_500.png

It's because they are basically the only anime/vocaloid-fandom (assuming that they introduced them to us first, not the actual JAYYYRAWK fans) related group which we could take seriously? Also, add Kagrra/Onmyouza -based Japanesque nostalgia into the mix and you will realize why they are hyped :)

Also, there are no other J-acts which have kept the same course direction-wise while still managing to appeal folks - to compare in terms of forum hype: Charisma.com became very predictable and dull, speficic vk bands (especially Mejibray) practise enthusiastic rehashing etc. etc.

Feel free to name at least one latest act we should care about atm: all-the rage Japanese divas (Ayu, Namie)? We are not livejournal fandom. Ringo Shiina? Even a huge number of used-to-be-Ringo stans stopped caring about her after SUNNY ventures. Seiko Oomori? See: the staff response...

oh they're animu/vocaloid related? this makes a little sense now, but their schtick is honestly so tacky, I can't fully understand how people can make it through a song let alone stan them.

as for the last bit: passepied and CQ are two who immediately spring to mind of deserving more attention.

It's weird how Passepied was all people could talk about just a while ago and now their hype has completely died down (with western fans at least), even though they're still putting out quality music.

@herpes didn't know about CQ, but that song is so good, omg

oh they're animu/vocaloid related? this makes a little sense now, but their schtick is honestly so tacky, I can't fully understand how people can make it through a song let alone stan them.

as for the last bit: passepied and CQ are two who immediately spring to mind of deserving more attention.

Half of that group (Wagakki) comes from vk-based acts while the other half are literally vocaloid/animu circle-related people who used to do vocaloid covers, perform @related events etc. - call them "akihabara/visual kei hybrid" if you will. But yeah, I myself don't let their shtick distract that much.

I totally agree on Passepied part though

Also, wtf CQ - this is so good! Why I haven't heard of this before?

Back to the topic: Passepied is a bit of acquired taste if we discuss vocals (I love them, most folks don't tho) and regarding CQ...they are too obscure and "post-punky" (some samples reminded me of Echo and Bunnymen btw) for current J-fans to digest in all honesty.

@emmny: I cannot wait for the moment when Tzk will get busted for being too open about his habits (see: he's a stoner).

This (tho I don't think they're 'trash' xD).

Same. I don't really get the hype. The idea sounds like it should be cool and their look is great, but their music just does nothing for me.

That is actually how you're supposed to pronounce it

I usually subscribe to the notion of "live and let live", but I'm sorry, the entire concept of spending money on chekis bewilders me! It just seems like buying photographs of strangers...which is creepy:

*purchases 10 chekis*

"My family photo album is almost complete"

VoMaeEf.gif

I usually subscribe to the notion of "live and let live", but I'm sorry, the entire concept of spending money on chekis bewilders me! It just seems like buying photographs of strangers...which is creepy

i used to baffled as well.. until i began collecting chekis myself ._.

that said, back when i was only collecting CDs and nothing else i've already felt that even among fans of the same band, everyone has different reasons for supporting them and likewise very different ways of showing support. quite a lot of japanese girls whom i know personally do nothing but collect chekis of their favorite vk member(s); some of them even go for lives just to buy chekis so they can keep those they want and trade/sell the rest. and to be honest, their surprise at our effort in hunting down live-limited CDs isn't any less than our disbelief of them paying 2-3k yen* for a rare instore event cheki XD as for myself, i'm just a casual collector and am nowhere near as fanatic (nor can i afford to be), but i think i do "get" why people do these things.

of course, the more pragmatic reason for me buying chekis is that they are the main source of income (especially) for the smaller indies bands. for my few pet bands that don't release CDs on a regular basis i'm always tempted to spend a little on their chekis when i have the money to spare :)

* (and if you think 2-3k yen for a cheki is insane, wait till you see this)