CAT5

Post your "UNPOPULAR" music opinions!

Lycaon = overhyped band that has more bad songs than good ones. I'll give you that when they hit it is GOOD, but no soooo better than several other bands that doesn't get half of the acknowledgement;

Can't understand the appeal behind Kiryu. Really tried to like it, but it is not for me, I guess. If I want classic japanese infused-VK, I'd spin some Kagrra,;

I think visuals impair a lot of bands from shining on. Yeah, the V part on VK gets more in the way than help it. I can't shake the feeling that bands like xTRiPx, Develop One's Faculties, yazzmad, DIV could go/have gone a long way if they drop/had dropped the act;

Somehow I get really annoyed when every member of a band that I got so used to see playing together, is starting some kind of ridiculous side project after splitting the band for no obvious reason. Particularly talking about Siva and Deluhi members here... (though in the first case I'm only aware of Kairi and Karuto's musical activities). I hope Siva will be back someday like Metronome did :/ I mean, it's better than nothing but not the striking me the same way anymore. That said, I still hope Cell comes back from his retirement eventually.

Edited by PsychoΔelica

unsraw TOTALLY flopped after spiral circle. maybe i'm biased because i love heavy and spiral circle was probably THE heaviest vk album (and one of my first albums).... but why'd they go so soft after it was released???? they were so solid, i can't stand anything made afterwards

There is no other band like Lycaon

• 9 years
  • disbanded because of terrible company, comebacks with all five members while holding on to their precious name that they hold so dear by making their new one about the old one (loop hole)
  • changing their song left and right
  • even when it the similar riffage it doesnt sound the same (1st degree genocide aholic & box and beautiful, royal order & i love sex. i love drugs. i love rock n roll, bara-Rose & anima, Dahlia & Mask, rouge & gossip, death game & Cordyceps sinensis, liar & psychedelic jelly)
  • havent made a single ungreat song
  • super hot when they want to be (above average), flexible looks

i maybe getting ahead of myself and they comeback with some average or anime shit, though their looks and song titles dont suggest that.

PS. hoping Rock band means this Extra handsome Yuuki is making a comeback, sounds the most rockish too me

Spoiler

This one goes for western music too:

I kind of feel like encores are super lame these days, at least the insincere, "scripted" ones where you just KNOW the band planned it in advance. I mean, I get that the band members need some time to stretch/take a piss/have a drink or whatever, but still lmao

I kind of wish they made making new bands based on the popularity of your previous bands illegal. Way too much unimaginative/uninspiring shit out there.

Edited by PsychoΔelica

Well, I haven't bitched about anything in a while.

Let's see.....

Let's talk about KRAD.

Their talent is hitting the shitter. Like "Grieva's 15 min of spotlight" fast.

Xisdead only confirms it.

For a while, I thought Dead flower and Until the Despair Dead were the same song. Chorus varies very little.

Makes me wonder what vocal capabilities, if any at all, the vocalist is able to experiment with going forward.

People will get bored of them, in time. They sound like The Black Swan's retarded cousin now.

Phoenix Rising by Matenrou Opera sounds like the usual MO.

For some reason I heard Megaman X4 intro in this release haha.

Let's all hope that the trash that is AA's - The Black , never gets any more recognition.

SO fucking happy Danny is back with the band.

Missalina Rei needs more love.

I see people are noticing how much mejibray sucks.

Maybe it's no longer an unpopular opinion?

The fact that so many people still equal notions such as 'brutality' and 'heaviness' with 'quality' is, quite frankly, appalling and fucking dumb tbqh

bands who release ONE REALLY GOOD heavy song and leave the rest of their discography soft as fresh dog shit and then disband need to rethink all of their life decisions

On 9/28/2016 at 8:08 PM, itsukoii said:

unsraw TOTALLY flopped after spiral circle. maybe i'm biased because i love heavy and spiral circle was probably THE heaviest vk album (and one of my first albums).... but why'd they go so soft after it was released???? they were so solid, i can't stand anything made afterwards

To answer your question, pneumonia.

Yuuki got sick with some rare variant of it that caused him to completely lose the ability to sing or scream and the band to pause for four years. He came back when he felt like he was ready to perform but it wasn't the same. The magic was gone. Half the reason I hated DOAK is because I think Yuuki's voice is getting worse and he didn't sound too great to begin with. He keeps trying to force it. Just compare GATE OF DEATH (UnsraW) to AGEHA (DOAK), look at me with a straight face, and tell me which one he sounds better in. That's not a question, because he can't hold a note like he used to, he's lost a bit of his range, and his growls have no power anymore, but he's traded that in for better control and not attempting to sing notes he can't.

@Zeusawhhh, shit. that's such a shame... guess i don't really have a reason to be upset, then.

and my dislike for DOAK is explained lmao

seriously, though, that sucks. i hope yuuki's been doing okay since DOAK's disbandment.

27 minutes ago, itsukoii said:

bands who release ONE REALLY GOOD heavy song and leave the rest of their discography soft as fresh dog shit and then disband need to rethink all of their life decisions

Oh I remember this happening to me all the time like 7 - 8 years ago, when I lived off of the few heavy vk songs one could find. 

As I mentioned before, maybe even in this thread, Yuuki basically peaked when he was in Core The Child singing abilities-wise, it was all a downhill slope from then on

- I don't like Dir en grey.

- I don't get the appeal of Kiryu. They sound like a mess.

- Megamasso stopped being good after "Swan Song" in my opinion.

- Sweet x Home is one of the best bands out there right now.

- I love BABY I LOVE YOU's first release.

Edited by vanivani

I like Kiryu a lot but they really are sounding kind of messy.

I dislike Mejibray, I don't get the hype behing them, didn't even know so many people liked them actually.

I like Babymetal's instrumental but not the singing, the idol thing, it's cringy.

I  like band's visuals, and the entertainment it had when I first discover VK, but now I'm seriously just wanting good music.

I dislike Nocturnal Bloodlust song's transitions, I wish they were heavy from the begining to the end (not sure if this is actually unpopular, but a lot of people seem to like that).

Even though there's a lot of generic stuff going around, I don't think the old times had better music.

Well, this isn't really a good post, just a few things I've being wanting to say for a while now...

On 26/9/2016 at 4:24 PM, chemicalpictures said:

Lycaon = overhyped band that has more bad songs than good ones. I'll give you that when they hit it is GOOD, but no soooo better than several other bands that doesn't get half of the acknowledgement;

Can't understand the appeal behind Kiryu. Really tried to like it, but it is not for me, I guess. If I want classic japanese infused-VK, I'd spin some Kagrra,;

THIS!

-I don't hate mejibray 100%, I fucking hate Tsuzuku's high notes. Even when he's hyping the crowd and he starts to speak in high notes (shout) it makes my ears bleed. It's just...the worst fucking thing I've heard. 

Also some live performances just have me mesmerised, whereas others are just goddamn awful. It's not ''this is an okay performance'' , it's either awful or great.  It's so infuriating.

Spoiler

This is on my top 5 favourite live performances. Why do meji  have to flunctuate between shit and mediocre 90% of the time when they're able to do THIS.

-I also don't get the appeal of Mia??? When I go on his instagram there's girls writing love letters about his beauty, but he's just cringe worthy.  Koichi and Meto are style icons to me, but mia? rly? 

-Gazette's dogma sounds like one song that lasts for 30+ minutes. It sounds like an insult, but it's actually the only thing by them that caught my attention in years. The dark atmosphere is consistent and lack of dubstep elements is a huge bonus.

- I can't stand music where it's just a guy screaming like a rabbid dog. The songs end up sounding all the same, hence why I avoid good part of DEG discography.

-SuG's '' SHUDDUP''  sounded like shit the first few listens, but now I'm huge fan of it.

Edited by Platy

1 hour ago, Platy said:

Gazette's dogma sounds like one song that lasts for 30+ minutes.

Believe it or not, this is not such an umpopular opinion.

1 hour ago, Platy said:

I can't stand music where it's just a guy screaming like a rabbid dog. The songs end up sounding all the same, hence why I avoid good part of DEG discography.

Same here.

43 minutes ago, Platy said:

- I can't stand music where it's just a guy screaming like a rabbid dog. The songs end up sounding all the same, hence why I avoid good part of DEG discography.

It's what I like the most.

I'm a little disappointed by DEZERT.