Spike760

the GazettE

Does anyone know much about the GazettE's live limited CDS?

I know there are....3?

Doro dareka no seishun

chigire

junana sai (re-recording)

Does anyone know if the recordings on the "doro dareka no seishun" single are the same as on "wakaremichi (second press)" and "blind man censor" singles?

junana sai (re-recording)

Not live limited (as far as I know). It was included in the limited edition of a photo book they pressed in 2006.

You must be thinking of 十四歳のナイフ (Juuyon-sai no Knife). Also, I'm pretty sure one of these three CDs was actually fan club limited, but I'm not sure which one.

You must be thinking of 十四歳のナイフ (Juuyon-sai no Knife). Also, I'm pretty sure one of these three CDs was actually fan club limited, but I'm not sure which one.

Thanks. I always get those mixed up. :P

I think it was Chigire that is FC limited.

Also, I JUST noticed the background in your avatar.

AHH, I'm dying X D

DOGMA hit #3 on Oricon weekly charts with 18,102 units sold (to compare, BD only sold merely 2000 units less and hit #5)

Sorta impressive lol

That's very impressive actually. Not as high as their NIL / SR / DIM numbers but still pretty good.

That's very impressive actually. Not as high as their NIL / SR / DIM numbers but still pretty good.

First week sales just for fun (rather surprising that BD sales sucked??!! DIVISION had a huge sales slump afterwards though):

ps. BD sales might also be explained by the fact that Arashi obliterated sales numbers back in the day (over 670,000 units sold??!!! Talk about game changer) -> other artists had their bad sales day too @top 20

IMPORTANT: when DOGMA hit #3, there weren't AKB48s coming up with chart-breaking earworms unlike in cases below - so take that into account while measuring their sales success.

4# 28,862 NIL 

3# 33,007 STACKED RUBBISH 

5# 37,797 DIM 

6# 25,412 TOXIC 

4# 23,051 DIVISION 

8# 16,459 BEAUTIFUL DEFORMITY

Turns out Dogma is a pretty decent album for short car rides. It's good energetic music to have in the background at work, too. Honestly, that's been the case for most of Gazette's albums since Toxic. This isn't stuff I want to sit and delve into, they're just... there.

Anyone know what language the woman is singing in NIHIL? Or what Ruki is saying at the beginning of Nausea & Shudder? I'd really like to know the lyrics to Beautiful 5 [shit]ers as well. I'm pretty sure it is not what is printed in the lyrics booklet. 

It doesn't sound like a language in NIHIL to me at all, just improv vocalization.

As for Nausea & Shudder, I can't tell if it's poorly enunciated Japanese or poorly enunciated English. I'm hearing either "ITSUWARI SADEEWADEEYO" or "ITS YOUR WOODY SADEEWADEEYO".

E

Found this ranking of GazettE songs by popularity for karaoke: http://ryosuke61.info/karakai/karaokeranking121.html

Pretty surprised by the first song: 貴女ノ為ノ此ノ命。Also surprised that from DIM, only the 3 songs that were released as singles appear, whereas there are quite a few songs from BEAUTIFUL DEFORMITY. Maybe the songs on the album don't lend themselves to karaoke? Also LINDA has a pretty low ranking at 49 for a song that is quite popular at lives.

Anyone else have any rankings that they want to share?

Has anyone ever heard track 5 of 犯行声明文 (Hankou Seimei Bun) before? I just noticed that this "song" appears on the 2003 pressing of the EP but not on the 2005 one according to Wikipedia. I also found this website in Japanese that mentions that it is just an announcement of a live. Even if that is all it is I'd really like to hear it. 

calling any knowledgeable gazette fans

what are the odds of them doing an NA tour? is there even a slight chance of them getting over their fear of an NA tour or is SA/europe the most they'd ever do

calling any knowledgeable gazette fans

what are the odds of them doing an NA tour? is there even a slight chance of them getting over their fear of an NA tour or is SA/europe the most they'd ever do

Lol you mean primarily a US tour?

They've been to Mexico.

There was a petition created a LOOONG time ago for them to appear here in Chicago. I don't remember what happened with that.....

The problem is not so much them, it's just that the support from fans here in the states are minuscule in comparison to the fans outside.

If memory serves right, doesn't the GazettE Fan Club have to fund it or something?

Edit: Old news but relevant.

http://visualioner.com/2015/09/15/foreign-fan-assaulted-japanese-fan-at-gazette-concert-and-the-band-is-pissed/

Stuff like this kinda doesn't make anyone outside of Japan look too good. 

I also read somewhere that some people at the concert in Mexico were recording with their phones during the concert and the band members were not pleased with that. 

They like to pretend the US doesn't exist despite them knowing that there's a pretty legit demand for them over here.

Unless hell freezes over, the GazettE isn't coming here.

in other news the gazette have trolled us all and GODDESS isnt a ballad

its still fucking awesome and the chorus may or may not have made me cry