Spike760

the GazettE

32 minutes ago, The MAD Stallion said:

To quote "and I thought I had a stick up my ass."

Sticks up everyone's asses I say!

You manage to get a VIP ticket using the promo code?

I'm kinda meh about the setlist, I wish they'd play some of their older songs like Invisible Wall, Guren, etc.

But seeing Hyena there was a pleasant surprise. 

Either way, gonna see them in less than a week in Dallas! :-)

6 hours ago, Saishu said:

Yeah, it's kind of strange there's nothing from DIM on there. 

Is it doe?? is it really? 

The fans must have made them sick of the album as a whole lol

BTW sucks for the Argentinian fans for their cancelled concert. 

Edited by YuyoDrift

They cancelled the Argentina gig?  What the hell happened!?  Was it related to Visa's or something like that, or another reason?

1 hour ago, TheStoic said:

They cancelled the Argentina gig?  What the hell happened!?  Was it related to Visa's or something like that, or another reason?

Oh sorry. I should have provided a link.

https://www.jrocknews.com/2016/04/gazette-suspends-show-argentina-due.html

Edited by YuyoDrift

I figured it had something to do with the Houston storms and flood. What doesn't make sense to me is how they landed in Texas first, but the first few concerts are in Latin America..that's a lot of flights..and jet lag.

01. NIHIL
02. DOGMA
03. RAGE
04. VORTEX
05. LEECH
06. FADELESS
07. DRIPPING INSANITY
08. DEUX
09. OMINOUS 
10. INCUBUS
11. Hyena
12. UGLY
13. UNDYING
14. Filth in the beauty

Encore :
01. AGONY
02. HEADACHEMAN
03. TOMORROW NEVER DIES

Still not a fan of the set

Edited by Disposable
found the correct set

They're doing what DEG does when they tour overseas, which is play all the heavy stuff because they think that appeals more to Western audiences. 

15 hours ago, Disposable said:

01. NIHIL
02. DOGMA
03. RAGE
04. VORTEX
05. LEECH
06. FADELESS
07. DRIPPING INSANITY
08. DEUX
09. OMINOUS 
10. INCUBUS
11. Hyena
12. UGLY
13. UNDYING
14. Filth in the beauty

Encore :
01. AGONY
02. HEADACHEMAN
03. TOMORROW NEVER DIES

Still not a fan of the set

a lot more hit/miss than mexico; dripping insanity, agony, leech wtf??

Agony and Leech are fine imho but blatant rehashes like Dripping Insanity should just disappear completely from their repertoire.

You cannot erase "Untitled", Ruki.

Bracing to hear what their set list will be tomorrow...since it seems they're switching it up each performance :x

22 hours ago, emmny said:

a lot more hit/miss than mexico; dripping insanity, agony, leech wtf??

Seriously.  And Agony as an encore?  Bad call. 

if they have the chops to change up the setlist so much why don't they play a longer setlist...urgh

Heres to hoping the NYC show is a bit more varied.

UNDYING will have been officially released by them so chances are we'll get to see them play those songs too

This is just a lite version of the set they've been playing in Japan with less dogma in favor of their favorite live staples from over the years ( all these except chizuru have made relatively recent appearances though, with the exception of fadeless and dripping insanity 2 i think ). I'd say it's considerably less heavy than the dogma tour setlists they've been playing for like half an year now precisely because of the lack of the entirety of dogma. If my memory serves me, they have played a grand total of zero outright gazeballads on the two dogmatic tour legs, with grudge and ominous being the closest fitting criteria. Thefore I cannot begin to imagine the deg comparison.

They mentioned the fan questionaire about which songs people wanted to hear on this tour in an interview ( when asked about whether linda and kantou will be played ), and it's definately noticeable that they actually paid attention to it when a western favorite chizuru shows up literally out of nowhere. Seeing that nothing pre Nil will show up since gazette fans replying to what one would assume to be a lame management facebook polls are a bunch of noobs, I'm holding out my breath for surprise taion.

Today is dallas and if they play the mexico set tonight then it's safe to say these two sets are going to loop throughout the american leg like last time ( but hopefully asia and europe will get new sets )

Edited by Disposable

The Dallas show was pretty epic, here's the setlist.

NIHIL

DOGMA

Rage

Gabriel on the Gallows

Vortex

Leech

Bizarre

Deracine

Chizuru

The Suicide Circus

Ugly

Undying

Hyena

Filth in Beauty 

-ENCORE-

Cockroach

Attitude

Tomorrow Never Dies

Edited by gekiai
the actual setlist lmao

fuck gabriel on the gallows

cockroach and chizuru--AWESOME

EVERYONE HOPING FOR THAT SURPRISE TAION KEEP PRAYING LETS HOPE THEY PLAY IT TOMORROW NIGHT

but if the setlist loops, toronto's gonna get brazil's shitty setlist :(

also, anyone got a link to the setlist request poll results?

Edited by emmny

2 hours ago, emmny said:

fuck gabriel on the gallows

cockroach and chizuru--AWESOME

EVERYONE HOPING FOR THAT SURPRISE TAION KEEP PRAYING LETS HOPE THEY PLAY IT TOMORROW NIGHT

but if the setlist loops, toronto's gonna get brazil's shitty setlist :(

also, anyone got a link to the setlist request poll results?

Nah that was more like a "hay guize what songs would you like to hear" and then people just named songs. If you want to see it though it should be on their facebook updates somewhere iirc. I reserve the right to be wrong on this

ha-ha if yours is tomorrow then you're probably not going to get chizuru. Good to see that they shuffled around some songs so technically everything is impossible.

Their greatest offence is ending the set with tomorrow never dies bollocks but they've been doing that in japan for a while now so it figures

57 minutes ago, Disposable said:

ha-ha if yours is tomorrow then you're probably not going to get chizuru. Good to see that they shuffled around some songs so technically everything is impossible.

ur the reason for the tear drops on my guitar

the toronto setlist was surprisingly dogma heavy, i dont really remember everything but im sure someone will post it; i'll edit when they do.

also, if they're stopping by you for the world tour--go and see 'em, even if you don't care a lot for the gazette. they're a phenomenal live band and the songs translate incredibly well live. not only do they add a fair bit of atmosphere with the se intros before some songs, but the electronics sound surprisingly awesome and spacy--especially on the dogma songs. its funny how it never came across on record, but there really is a bit more that's obtained from the "dogma" experience at the lives. kinda hard to explain, and kind of gimmicky but there's another level to dogma thats heard live.

Edited by emmny

1 hour ago, emmny said:

the toronto setlist was surprisingly dogma heavy, i dont really remember everything but im sure someone will post it; i'll edit when they do.

also, if they're stopping by you for the world tour--go and see 'em, even if you don't care a lot for the gazette. they're a phenomenal live band and the songs translate incredibly well live. not only do they add a fair bit of atmosphere with the se intros before some songs, but the electronics sound surprisingly awesome and spacy--especially on the dogma songs. its funny how it never came across on record, but there really is a bit more that's obtained from the "dogma" experience at the lives. kinda hard to explain, and kind of gimmicky but there's another level to dogma thats heard live.

I thought that they would already be sold out of the San Francisco show but it turns out that they aren't. Thanks for posting this! Thought I was too late  so I hadn't bothered to check. Going to see them this Sunday. I doubt my copy of UNDYING will arrive before then but hearing it played live first must be better.