Spike760

the GazettE

11 hours ago, Aeolus said:

I know the feeling. I missed out on Sadie for free because i screwed up my ankle while hiking. i could have gone but i felt the pain was too much. now i'm worried if i'll ever see them.

I'm not suprised. I think it's more of the fact that gazette has a metal influence/structure. Every metal show i've been to there was a mosh pit.  Last i checked the east coast gets a lot of good metal shows and festivals, so i would expect moshing over there.

no photo request? awe lame :( i get it but damn i wanted to get a close up shot. are you sure it not just "no flash photography"?

You weren't allowed to take pictures or record during their performance, but I think the security was just like "there are way too many people in this crowd to actually get to someone snapping pictures".

I went to the LA show before the show started they said no picture or recording but halfway through the setlist a bunch of people were recording so i joined in. I recorded a ton xD 

27 minutes ago, The MAD Stallion said:

Is it wrong that I'm hoping one of y'all from MH gets caught recording and penalized for it  just for the story and lol's?

Those Bastards!

No but seriously, if I had not missed the M&G, then I would have snuck in a panoramic selfie with the GazettE right before getting tackled by the bouncer huehuehue.

*sigh*

Next time.

2 hours ago, The MAD Stallion said:

Is it wrong that I'm hoping one of y'all from MH gets caught recording and penalized for it  just for the story and lol's?

I used to be afraid of getting fined or arrested for uploading Uroboros. 

17 hours ago, jduv86 said:

You weren't allowed to take pictures or record during their performance, but I think the security was just like "there are way too many people in this crowd to actually get to someone snapping pictures".

same happened here until towards the end some girl was recording and they tried taking her phone away but gave up haha.

i took like 2 pictures during the encore and 2 when they took their bow.

because this was a birthday present from my girlfriend she had me go into the pit while she stayed at the wall behind me. i don't know how to feel about her taking over 100 pictures.. i feel bad out of respect for the band but at the same time, when the hell am i gonna get to see the GazettE in my hometown again!?!?

5 hours ago, YuyoDrift said:

Those Bastards!

No but seriously, if I had not missed the M&G, then I would have snuck in a panoramic selfie with the GazettE right before getting tackled by the bouncer huehuehue.

*sigh*

Next time.

you didn't miss much all you missed was maybe early access (an hour in advance for me) a shirt with their logo on the front and "Abyssus Abyssum Invocat" on the back. i like the other shirts on sale instead so i had to buy those. they weren't signing anything or taking photos with fans during the meet and greet. all they were doing was...

shaking hands...

the highlight for me was when an outburst of laughter came from Ruki after i told him i was listening to lamb of god. He asked me what i was listing to because i had my headphones on full blast around my neck. i'm not sure what he found funny though the fact that i was listening to another band and not them, the band itself or the fact that i was listening to lamb of god after they played so much of them before the show started lol.

oh and incase anyone is interested, the setlist

NIHIL
DOGMA
RAGE
Derangement
Venomous Spider's Web
Sludgy Cult
BIZARRE
Dripping Insanity
OMINOUS
The Suicide Circus
Vortex
UGLY
UNDYING
Filth in the Beauty

Encore:
Agony
Cockroach
Tomorrow Never Dies

yeah...

I love these songs, but i cant help feeling that we got the short end of the stick...

Edited by Aeolus

@-NOVA- was it just me or was it only crew wearing my sweater? when i was putting away my merch some woman came up to me and asked if i was crew (fucking wish i was still doing live audio). the only reason i can think was my sweater, i didn't see anyone else in line with it, at least on my side of the building haha.

@Aeolus I was honestly thinking they played more older songs to give Ruki a rest on them harsh vocals but I could be wrong... Now if they played Dim Scene.... I would've cried<3!!! They did say they wanted to come back on twitter but you know how that goes.... I guess it's Japan for next time 

I did find it funny that I think Ruki wanted to say some more english words at some times like he was thinking of what to say but just ended up with "SHUT THE FUCK UP!"  and last but not least "YOU GUYS ARE FUCKING CRAZY!" but I found it hilarious are you " ready" "yeah" then come on" *screams* "SHUT THE FUCK UP!" lots of laughter like ok

Edited by Dogprince21

@Dogprince21 Older songs? that set list is less than 25% pre Toxic. I was at least hoping for Nausea & Shudder, Invisible Wall, Guren and/or Remember the Urge. with the prices i feel a bit ripped off with only an hour long set.

yeah i felt like "you guys are fucking crazy" was a bit out of place. it's not like there was a mosh pit. To me it sounded like he was saying "jump the fuck up".

when i met Aoi that was pretty funny. i asked him if i could take a picture with him for my bday and he's all "yes yes, ok thank you" and waved goodbye. i was so confused if i should snap a selfie with him. when i reached for my phone security was already pushing me out. :/

@-NOVA- You know I was thinking that since none of the crew had identifying passes or stickers. but the only crew wearing the sweater was the GazettE's crew and not the venues. Being hispanic I obviously don't look like the band's crew to anyone working at the venue lol.

Edited by Aeolus

@Aeolus older music I mean pre-dogma because that would considered old. I thought it would be a majority of the new stuff and true the concert was about maybe an hour and 20 mins but like 10-20 waiting for the encore... Btw did you ask Aoi in Japanese or English?

I still don't think Ruki knew what to say though and no a majority of the time it was "shut the fuck up!" as for the setlist I knew it would be short because its not the final live...

Edited by Dogprince21

@Dogprince21English, I was thrown off by the band greeting me and speaking in english haha. Aoi was quiet and didn't really say anything to anyone. though it seemed like he had fun being behind the curtain making hand puppets while we waited in the pit haha.

It seemed like Toxic and onward were rushed, to me those 3 still feel new. If you look at the the length of the songs it's only 1hour 7min. I expected it to be a little bit longer maybe 3-4 more songs, but since they weren't following the itinerary they sent out i knew it was gonna be short. vip was supposed to be let in at 6 with the show starting at 8. we didn't get in till maybe 6:45 and i believe the show started late. with the original plan it seemed like the set would be at least 90min. I know playing a 2 hour show can be a bit much but not wanting to do a longer set is no excuse for failing to follow the schedule. I used to be a live audio & lighting tech, it really peeves me when a show schedule is not followed.

Edited by Aeolus

@Aeolus Honestly I wanted the setlist to be a bit longer to because I feel like it took them forever to come in the first place so its only fair to give us a show worth remembering or thats at least what I would've did if I was in their shoes.. Not like anyone is going to love them less and I was just happy to go but I wanted so much more and I wanted Linda (not like anyone would do the moves in the right way but I really wanted to walk side to side dancing lol, I did it in Japan and it was amazing everyone was in sync and it was just fun)

On 5/5/2016 at 2:02 PM, Dogprince21 said:

@Aeolus I was honestly thinking they played more older songs to give Ruki a rest on them harsh vocals but I could be wrong... Now if they played Dim Scene.... I would've cried<3!!! They did say they wanted to come back on twitter but you know how that goes.... I guess it's Japan for next time 

I did find it funny that I think Ruki wanted to say some more english words at some times like he was thinking of what to say but just ended up with "SHUT THE FUCK UP!"  and last but not least "YOU GUYS ARE FUCKING CRAZY!" but I found it hilarious are you " ready" "yeah" then come on" *screams* "SHUT THE FUCK UP!" lots of laughter like ok

the shut the fuck up made me LOL so hard... ahhhh ruki and his engrish

i'm heading to shanghai to see them this weekend sooo excitedd!!!! ;v;

In regards to the latest singles, a nice lil' conversation with Jig and Orange enticed me to take up on Gazette once again after my months-long hiatus (lol). I decided to go with latest ones and backtrack from there - well, guess what:

Post-DOGMA singles are not bad at all (disregard my earlier statements)! Whereas I am not still the fan of Ruki's current patchwork songwriting, their attempts to patch some things up together ever since BD has helped them to discover a lot more chemistry between each others' ventures after almost monocomposed/arranged pieces that were TOXIC and DIVISION, respectively.

I am not the fan of strictly loyal direction on DOGMA (hell-bent on being -coreishly heavy), but my opinion still stands: they did their homework well. A few drawbacks in their new songwriting and producing procedure still exist, however. I am not gonna discuss them here since all of you might already guess my points of criticism.

Will make separate posts on UGLY and UNDYING sooner or later in case something interesting springs to my mind. But I couldn't resist writing some says off my spins here:

- Aoi is my new found favorite in terms of compositions and technical experiments. Look forward to my reviews in case you want to understand my idea of "patchwork songwriting" and composer roles.

- Kai has improved a lot, especially in heavier songs (?!).

- Ruki doesn't sound goofy anymore when screaming/growling.

Edited by Alroy

4 hours ago, Carmelzors said:

- Kai has improved a lot, especially in heavier songs (?!).

This is what I tell everyone all the time, Kai has to be some kind of demon in order to have improved so damn much. lol

Both Kai and Reita carried Dogma on their backs the entire album. haha.

3 hours ago, YuyoDrift said:

This is what I tell everyone all the time, Kai has to be some kind of demon in order to have improved so damn much. lol

Both Kai and Reita carried Dogma on their backs the entire album. haha.

i cant name one song where reita's bass is even remotely relevant

@emmnyI kinda agree. Reita seems to only stand out on Deracine Wasteland and Deux (at the beginning). that's what you can expect with a bass at standard tuning and two guitars at dropped B.

I wanted to say he stands out on Bizarre, but after the live turns out that's a backing track with Uruha tapping over it. However, I'm pretty sure Reita picks up the slack if they were to play Grudge live. 

@YuyoDrift I wouldn't say Kai carries the album. in all 3 releases however, i feel like my attention keeps getting drawn to Kai like as if the producer raised the level of his mix compared to everyone else. One of these days Kai's kicks are gonna blow out my car's bose system haha.

either way they should release the entire dogma sessions in 24-bit audio. maybe that will settle the debate haha.

Edited by Aeolus

eh if any one person carries the album, its been ruki and kai. the guitars are there but don't have much personality, kai does a great job on rhythm and ruki keeps it from being flat.

I have to agree that Reita hasn't stood out in a long time, even before the Dogma era. But the way the albums are mixed isn't helping matters either. 

hey is anyone going to the helsinki live next month? I wouldn't mind meeting some people ^^ you know, because awkward silences are all cool and all.

On 5/15/2016 at 7:57 PM, YuyoDrift said:

Reita carried Dogma on their backs the entire album. haha.

dude....

No....

The only thing that Reita did that was noteworthy throughout this whole entire era was compose VALUM. That is a BEHEMOTH of a track. And that bass solo was pretty cool too. Other than that, Reita is just there to be there.  BUT BUT.  The blame cannot entirely be put on him, especially if you take note that Ruki is the one who's been composing much of the songs. And his compositions make it so that all three of the stringed instruments are playing more or less of the same thing. When it comes to the tracks that Ruki didn't write...its a question of if Reita has become lazy or if Aoi or Uruha just have him following along like Ruki does, with no real shine.

On 5/16/2016 at 11:39 PM, Aeolus said:

In order to save text.

Let me go ahead and give a better explanation. Even then I will not word it right.

I didn't mean that they did all the work, or that they stand out the most in the album. Kai is still the most noticeable in terms of improvement though, and none can argue with me there.

What I'm referring to is the co-op they are making with the rest of the members (@The MAD Stallion explanation sounds better), the influence of their roles, in order to convey the theme to the album. A very noticeable change of pace than what they've been used to (before they'd play individually, with each of them having significance).

@Aeolus is pretty much explained some of what I noticed. The overall listening to the album gives the listener a sense of a cold, inhuman, or an angry feeling. This is why it sounds like Reita's bass/performance has been turned down (perhaps what @Saishu means), or as @Aeolus mentioned, the guitars are playing at very low levels, sounding like industrial rock/metal (something I've never thought they'd do as an entire album (more prominent than DIM era for sure)), but Reita's there laying the ground work for the other 2 to follow (though you guys mention it's the other way around). @emmnymentions the guitars having no personality, and this is what leads me to believe this. I'm pretty sure I also read in an interview with the band that this was a decision that they made because they were tired of the diversity, as perhaps they wanted to attempt (later confirmed in another interview that that's what they were trying to do) to be more in unison as @The MAD Stallionmentioned.

@The MAD Stallion I wouldn't say he's become lazy, for my reasoning above, but upon initial listening of the album, yeah, Reita is not noticeable or as @emmny put it, relevant (although I really think @emmnywas just trying to troll me). The guitars do indeed drown out Reita, and good thing Kai didn't go a big bass drum, or else why would they need Reita at all then? lol.

BTW VALUM is ONE BADASS TRACK. God I can't stop playing that entire single.

This tagging system is odd, but I'll get used to it I guess.