Spike760

the GazettE

"reckless driving cucumber," it's even worse that Ruki straight up can't even say it correctly. I'm pretty sure I know what he was trying to get at, but ugh...

I have no idea what he's getting at, I can only imagine he's referring to a penis that is all over the place.

Just chiming in, NIL is my favorite. Album is the tits.

Talking about the current music scene and selling out:

RUKI: In a business sense, there’s nothing wrong with that. But then I think, could you just be dead to how you feel and keep making songs and music for the next ten years? There’s gonna come a day someday where you’ll ask yourself, “Is this even rock anymore?”

REITA: Everyone’s got their own style so I’m not gonna try and deny other people that, but...I wouldn’t be able to sit down and have a drink with them. (laughs)

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Kai don't give no fucks about this interview lol.

These guys really laid it down heavy in this. Kudos.

Thank you for sharing the interview @emmny.  I'm looking forward to the NYC show and will be in attendance.  It is great to know that Undying will be released prior to the show so that I can listen to it and get pumped for the tour!

Right now I have to re-align my fleeting musical obsessions into a GazettE phase so that I am even more excited to see the show.  I hope the energy of the U.S. crowd for them is high and that every show is sold out to encourage more shows in the future.  I have really enjoyed the Project Dark Age material and have been with them for so long that it will be great to experience the music first hand.

d-day is tomorrow

WE WILL FINALLY GET AN IDEA OF THE SETLIST, MOST IMPORTANTLY!

im out here PRAYING they do a longer setlist (+20 songs) than their last world tour; the 2007 EU tour setlists were glorious tho i have faith.

Given in the interview they have stated that the setlists are limited by the tunings available to them, I hope that they bring enough guitars to explore their discography - however, I am sure a lot of the material will fit the drop-B tuning or whatever the DOGMA tuning was since it was their latest.  They usually will always play tracks like Filth in the Beauty as well - so we can count on much of the material in the last decade to be fair game.

I do admit I am partial to everything from 2005+ (but still adore 犯行声明文 [Hankou Seimeibun] EP as an outlier) - so as long as they play a variety of material from the last decade, I'll be happy.  I hope they play 13Stairs[-]1 since it is one of my favorites and always looked amazing live, but other "older" favorites I have like Reila., 体温 [Taion], or Bathroom I am sure will not be played.  Here is to hoping!

Edited by TheStoic

6 hours ago, TheStoic said:

Given in the interview they have stated that the setlists are limited by the tunings available to them, I hope that they bring enough guitars to explore their discography - however, I am sure a lot of the material will fit the drop-B tuning or whatever the DOGMA tuning was since it was their latest.  They usually will always play tracks like Filth in the Beauty as well - so we can count on much of the material in the last decade to be fair game.

I do admit I am partial to everything from 2005+ (but still adore 犯行声明文 [Hankou Seimeibun] EP as an outlier) - so as long as they play a variety of material from the last decade, I'll be happy.  I hope they play 13Stairs[-]1 since it is one of my favorites and always looked amazing live, but other "older" favorites I have like Reila., 体温 [Taion], or Bathroom I am sure will not be played.  Here is to hoping!

i thought that comment tuning was odd then i read this and realized they can't bring their whole rigs/guitars LOL. i dont think an extra bass/guitar for the songs in drop c/standard is such a big deal, but i dont know how many guitars they have for their tunings and shit

at least this eliminates that linda shit and the other old gazette songs that fans love but i hate LOL. as long as its post stacked rubbish heavy its cool, although i really wanna hear taion, reila and cassis as well :((

I didn't feel like spamming the undying news thread so here's the short, but FUCKING EPIC mexico setlist.

1. NIHIL
2. DOGMA
3. RAGE
4. VORTEX
5. FADELESS
6. LUCY
7. OMINOUS
8. CHIZURU
9. THE SUICIDE CIRCUS
10. DERANGEMENT
11. UGLY
12. BLEMISH
13. UNDYING

ENCORE

14. HYENA
15. TOMORROW NEVER DIES
16. FILTH IN THE BEAUTY

so thats 3 stacked rubbish nods!! yas!! tbh i could do without vortex and fadeless, i'd rather DEUX or something else in their place. i like inside beast more than suicide circus, im happy they included derangement tho i LOVE that song a lot. overall, a lot less dogma than expected. ur thoughts?

I absolutely loathe that setlist. Yesterday I wagered the encore would consist of stacked and toxic songs, and lo, it is so. I didn't expect the set to be longer this time, but fuck that's the worst case scenario encore for me.

Otherwise disappointed for no deux, but fadeless is a positive surprise.

I can dig that setlist.  In reality, at this point I am pumped to see anything.  I wish there were a few more nods to the content on DIM, but that is OK since it seems they are focusing on playing their high energy bangers.  It makes sense for the audience overseas.

EDIT:  By the way - everyone going to the NYC show better go insane before and after the encore!  We need to get a second encore if we can!  I doubt it - but if the energy is right - we can do it!!!!

Edited by TheStoic

Some songs will be rotated for sure. Last tour had two sets and they differed on 3-4 songs iirc, and now since the tour is far longer with an album to promote, I'd imagine a lot of those will come and go. I blame it on the early hour of the day that I initially mistook Chizuru for Chijou lolol Chizuru is a cool addition for sure, but if one song is not going to stick around for all the setlists, then it's that one. At least that shows that there's the off chance of there being something unexpected in the set.

Pretty cool setlist for things they might actually play! Got me excited for NYC in a couple weeks.

(In my fantasies they play Linda~candydive pinky heaven & Shadow VI II I..... but I'm a realist.)

im still not over chizuru like if they play it for the toronto show i'll cry and my head will fall off

there's someone who pretty much recorded the whole mexico show and upped it on youtube so if y'all curious check those out before they get taken down or whatever

they sound amazing for sure, soo excited

7 minutes ago, emmny said:

there's someone who pretty much recorded the whole mexico show and upped it on youtube so if y'all curious check those out before they get taken down or whatever

they sound amazing for sure, soo excited

Do you know the url prettyplease :D

Will they wait until the grand finale to announce the next thing? Would it be possible for them to release an album this year?

10 hours ago, Nagisa said:

Will they wait until the grand finale to announce the next thing? Would it be possible for them to release an album this year?

Lol keep dreaming.

The day is getting closer, I'm so antsy.

1 hour ago, YuyoDrift said:

Lol keep dreaming.

The day is getting closer, I'm so antsy.

To quote "and I thought I had a stick up my ass."

11 hours ago, Nagisa said:

I mean.....its not impossible seeing as though before DOGMA, they've been dropping albums every year but with the way their touring and such, no. They probably don't even have demos for new material and such to sort out. Also with how hard they've been going with DOGMA, they gonna need a break or something.

i really wish they'll play Deux in San Francisco

and i hate filth in the beauty ._. i rather even have inside beast.

but i'll settle for anything i guess.