Spike760

the GazettE

20 minutes ago, Nagisa said:

I thought that they would already be sold out of the San Francisco show but it turns out that they aren't. Thanks for posting this! Thought I was too late  so I hadn't bothered to check. Going to see them this Sunday. I doubt my copy of UNDYING will arrive before then but hearing it played live first must be better.

ur welcome, have fun! undying sounded amazing live, the ballad-y energy comes across much better live--be sure to watch kai, he drums up a storm in the song!

edit:

also, the toronto show sold surprisingly well. they performed at a (respectable) venue larger than where diru played (~1500) and it looks like they sold about 70-80% of the tickets--not to mention that there was a much much larger V.I.P. presence than expected. i thought since it didn't sell out like diru V.I.P. would flop but thats because there was likely a large/non-existent cap on V.I.P., it looked like there were 75-100 vip (the lineup seemed massive but a bitch can't count).

tl;dr gazette didnt flop and i wouldn't be surprised if they came back--the tour seems like a success.

Edited by emmny

It seems like their tour is not going on smoothly. First Argentina then recently, the band missed their plane because the inspection station was too slow. Fortunately, they managed to get there on time.

1 hour ago, freesia said:

It seems like their tour is not going on smoothly. First Argentina then recently, the band missed their plane because the inspection station was too slow. Fortunately, they managed to get there on time.

That's what I call reporting! Thanks for the update.

Maybe this is old news, but I just noticed that Dogma and Toxic are both available to stream on AmazonPrime Music.

Their other full albums (well the digital mp3 versions) are also priced like American CDs at $8.99 on Amazon. Nice!

Have they always been up there and I didn't notice or is this a new thing because of the world tour??

Related question: Were they selling CDs at the merch table at their shows / for how much? (I didn't check out the merch as I got to the show barely on time and didn't want to fight with the huge crush of people there after the show ended.... s/o to @TheStoic for telling me how much T-Shirts cost so I didn't have to bother with that crowd for another band tshirt I'd rarely wear :wink:)

There's some Gazette stuff up on Tidal, too, and they've been putting quite a few releases up on iTunes. I'm guessing it's because of the world tour yeah. 

The NYC was show was everything I wanted and more. The setlist was a nice balance of DOGMA and older material so everyone's fancies could be tickled.  Ok lets get back to the DOGMA songs for one sec. @emmny said it best, those songs are something else live.  As much as i loved the earlier songs, those were my highlights, especially DOGMA , and OMINOUS. Holy crap. The band seemed to enjoy themselves, and nailed the tracks flawlessly. The crowd, despite a few minor incidents that I wont bother speaking of, was well behaved for the most part.  I feel like this US leg was a test run and we passed. Ruk kept saying "WOW, YOU GUYS ARE CRAZY!" haha And that they will come again. This was a dream come true and also, I got to meet @jduv86 who's a super cool guy in person (Best of luck on the album man and sorry if i was a lil too rowdy haha).  

Aside from the girl fainting from whatever the hell she was on, and the numerous people recording the event, as well as the person  trying to crowd surf (who the fuck was that guy?), the people thrashing and the random mosh pit that this douchebag decided to start, my friend losing her jacket (luckily someone found it for her).

Luckily there was this cute Japanese Girl  who thought I was Japanese , and was not all objecting when I told her that I was going to hold her by the waist for "leverage" 8). She unfortunately lost her phone (I found it later and it's at the Lost-n-Found, if you are on here, or if someone here knows her).

I agree with most of Stall's points and felt that these lives were exactly what many of us needed. 

I personally didn't feel we deserved an encore, but we did. the GazettE are more kinder than I imagined.

Overall a very amazing experience, and I hope these little incidents don't deter them from thinking twice about coming back.

Best part of my night was when I said "Holy Shit..." over and over for the first 2 minutes when Ruki came up to us above the crowd from the stage, he was so cool! I am in love with them all over again.

Oh and it was HOT AS FUCK.

Edited by YuyoDrift

JPU Records put some of the bands back catalogue up on iTunes (and similar stores) a few weeks ago. They have been wanting to distribute releases outside of Europe for some time, but it seems there were legal (?) reasons stopping them.

yass im so happy everyone (including the band) is having such a good experience with these lives. stal's right in that its basically a test run, and from attendance and everything im sure its going very well.

Biggest question for all the attendees:

Was there EVER a Meet/Greet? I'm hoping I didn't miss anything.

All I saw was VIP getting a T-Shirt, and Heresy Members received a keychain I believe on top of a shirt.

I did get VIP but apparently there were color coded bands people were wearing (Yellow, Blue, and I think Red), did that have to do with it?

When was this Meet/Greet? 

5 hours ago, The MAD Stallion said:

The NYC was show was everything I wanted and more. The setlist was a nice balance of DOGMA and older material so everyone's fancies could be tickled.  Ok lets get back to the DOGMA songs for one sec. @emmny said it best, those songs are something else live.  As much as i loved the earlier songs, those were my highlights, especially DOGMA , and OMINOUS. Holy crap. The band seemed to enjoy themselves, and nailed the tracks flawlessly. The crowd, despite a few minor incidents that I wont bother speaking of, was well behaved for the most part.  I feel like this US leg was a test run and we passed. Ruk kept saying "WOW, YOU GUYS ARE CRAZY!" haha And that they will come again. This was a dream come true and also, I got to meet @jduv86 who's a super cool guy in person (Best of luck on the album man and sorry if i was a lil too rowdy haha).  

I agree. NIHIL was just epic and DOGMA was great as well. My favorite DOGMA song live was WASTELAND. The guitars were amazing. I think I heard them better than on the album. And don't get me started on OMINOUS. I actually enjoyed them more than the two songs from DIM.

1 minute ago, YuyoDrift said:

I did get VIP but apparently there were color coded bands people were wearing (Yellow, Blue, and I think Red), did that have to do with it?

When was this Meet/Greet? 

I think they are after the shows.

7 minutes ago, YuyoDrift said:

LOL brb gonna go die now.

For V.I.P., we got a free t shirt, early access to the venue, and the meet and greet after the show! ....which was more of a meet and farewell!? XD

It was just a handshake with the band and "thanks for coming" type thing. I recorded it, but security was rushing us along so I didn't get a good shot of everyone. lol You can see the videos I got on my instagram (shameless plug I know):

instagram: @ fraeofficial

I took some small videos after the show. None was done during the actual performance.

My thoughts on the show: Made a review video

11 minutes ago, jduv86 said:

Made a review photo.

DUDE. You should've told me that you needed to juice your phone lol. I was staying at a hotel, as well as doing some drinking at an arcade after the show. You could've crashed for the night with my bro and I lol.

2 minutes ago, YuyoDrift said:

DUDE. You should've told me that you needed to juice your phone lol. I was staying at a hotel, as well as doing some drinking at an arcade after the show. You could've crashed for the night with my bro and I lol.

lol its all good. I'm actually on the verge of moving so I needed to use that ticket back to Maryland b/c there were no refunds. Otherwise, I would have used money and stayed in NY all weekend. It was an interesting adventure though XD It was good meeting you and mad stallion. Monochrome was definitely in the house!

The concert itself was great but the VIP organization was a disaster. Basically they had us go in by groups of 10 to buy merch and get out free shirt (merch was 100% sold out by the end of the show) and then head out in the same order we entered so no one lost their spot. My friend was lined up at 6am and was the first person at the venue. But after she went outside ... Halfway through the VIP line they just start keeping people inside. So the people who didn't wait at all got in first while the people who were outside the longest and waited longer got the shit end of the stick. 

San Francisco was fun but the crowd was overall whiny and trash talkers all around me and they made me feel how old I am. 

It was nice to meet and see them but one VIP was enough for me. I'm going to LA but imma hang in the back cuz I don't have time to listen to people bitch about each other and fix their hair and make up.

I was honestly surprised (and pleased) at the NYC show when the crowd got the courage to get a pit started.  From my experiences at other J-Rock concerts in the US, the audience has never really gotten into the music enough to start one.  Perhaps it is due to the overall testosterone levels in the audience being lower vs. a typical American metal show, but I have been to plenty of shows were even the ladies jump in from time to time.

As a rock and Metal fan that has been to many concerts, I just accept the mosh pits as part of the show (and honestly enjoy hopping in as well from time to time - although I don't really initiate one).  The energy of the crowd around me during the concert was very high and positive - even in the pit itself, and seeing other fans right next to me going insane in sync with the song sections was everything a passionate show should be.  I have evolved to love UGLY so much more after the live performance with the shared energy of the pit - it was a great moment in the overall show.

Yes - some people ignored the request of no photos - which was distracting and I had hoped we would respect the bands wishes, but most of the show overall there was not a sea of cameras and people were really getting into each song and having a good time. 

On 5/2/2016 at 0:46 AM, Seimeisen said:

Now I'm sad that I didn't get to go to the show in SF. Thanks, guys! :P

I know the feeling. I missed out on Sadie for free because i screwed up my ankle while hiking. i could have gone but i felt the pain was too much. now i'm worried if i'll ever see them.

4 hours ago, TheStoic said:

I was honestly surprised (and pleased) at the NYC show when the crowd got the courage to get a pit started. 

Yes - some people ignored the request of no photos

I'm not suprised. I think it's more of the fact that gazette has a metal influence/structure. Every metal show i've been to there was a mosh pit.  Last i checked the east coast gets a lot of good metal shows and festivals, so i would expect moshing over there.

no photo request? awe lame :( i get it but damn i wanted to get a close up shot. are you sure it not just "no flash photography"?

Edited by Aeolus

I've gone off the gazette for a few years now, but I've always regretted not seeing them live. After reading this thread I feel even worse, they sound so great live! It sucks they only came to England once (2007), they've been back in Europe a few times but always seem to avoid England for some reason. So jelly of other european countries right now, maybe on their next tour I'll have to bite the bullet and go to France or Germany to see them.

edit: just saw @jduv86's insta video of the meet and greet. Ruki looks so great, I think this one of his best looks yet.:shock:

Edited by Platy