Spike760

the GazettE

[*]he frequently writes from a female perspective in songs and he does it with relative ease

do u think what I think?

Baphomet.png

They wouldn't call their fanclub Heresy for nothing!!!!!11111111

dat illuminati trickery suddenly makes sense too!!!!

i thought i had seen it all in the gazette fandom until i stumbled upon a blog post where a grown woman spit out a conspiracy theory that ruki was actually gender fluid because

1. he wore heels in a photo shoot
  2. he frequently writes from a female perspective in songs and he does it with relative ease according to interviews
  3. he talks to his stylist kinda gay

my eyes are burning is this the fandom im going to deal with at the show...kill me now. i thought the yaoi fanfiction was the most i had to deal with but fans literally inventing genders for their favourite musicians and simultaneously disrespecting all gender fluid people in one single blog post was wild. i really dont understand the wild fangirl mentality and never will. then again this is probably why the gazette fandom is considered crazy, so we might as well bring up all the crazy shit gazette fans do: go my children...start some drama to fill the time between now and the start of the world tour

Babe you trippin'.

does anyone else love the gazette tour titles??? they occasionally make no sense but they're epic

like yo: stacked rubbish tour '07-'08 grand finale [pulse wriggling to black] -repeated countless error- (yes thats the full name for repeated countless error) or tour '06-'07 decomposition beauty

just me? Ok pce

does anyone else love the gazette tour titles??? they occasionally make no sense but they're epic

like yo: stacked rubbish tour '07-'08 grand finale [pulse wriggling to black] -repeated countless error- (yes thats the full name for repeated countless error) or tour '06-'07 decomposition beauty

just me? Ok pce

I like how they incorporate names of songs/albums into their tour names. My favorite is Groan of Diplosomia.

I've never been a hardcore fan of gazette. I like their early stuff, until DIM wich is probably still my favourite album by them. After that I deny everything they have made until Dogma. The albums between DIM and Dogma weren't really my style so this is probably why I gave up on the band. (and this f*cking vocoder everywhere makes me want to throw up)

I'm going to their show in Paris, even if I have sworn to myself to never go to one of their show because I don't want to end up deaf because of the fangirls screams. However, one of my best friends is a huge fan of the band, and along with my girlfriend they both convinced me to join them for the upcoming Paris show. I'm still not sure if I will enjoy it, but yeah, worth a try. Gazette is one of these huge bands that you have to see live at least once I guess.

And they also conviced me to listen to Dogma... I didn't wanted to listen to it because of my previous disappointment with their albums Toxic and Division (I hate them both so much). Beautiful deformity was kinda okay but once again : not my style. Dogma is a good surprise to me, honestly. I finally like them again, even if every time ruki is screaming i'm cringing a bit.

I've always liked the instrumental parts of gazette work, but the voice my god... I'm definitely not a fan of ruki's vocals. And the poor guy can't scream/growl properly imo, wich is a big issue for me. That's probably "because of him" that I can't really get into the band... He's singing is nice, but his screams for real, I can't stand it. Apart from visual kei, I'm listening to a shitton of metal (and subgenres) so I'm used to hear guys able to scream like badasses. Ruki is not one of them... but I kinda forgive him, I guess he have asthma ? (not sure, I don't really follow their "personal" stuff) Though I have to admit that he improves from the past, it's a good point.

I am curious, is there a single that is generally considered to be the best, like people say Dim is their best album?

people say Dim is their best album?

Everyone's opinion is different. Which is why I value none.

Form your own opinion. I certainly don't think DIM was their best. I'd agree that it was their peak, for sure.

To answer your question, I'd say it's a tie between SHIVER, PLEDGE, and UGLY singles.

Yea it really depends on what era gazette you like. For me, big part being nostalgia value for sure, are Cassis and maybe Filth in Beauty. I've actually been listening to early gazette lately and I'm liking it way better than before!

Same as Orange, for me Nostalgia is the reason why I think.

I really love Dogma too, but DIM will always be my number one.

For the question about the singles I don't have any opinion on it. Usually i don't purchase the singles, just the albums.

Well DIM has always been my favorite but for singles I really like Hyena and Guren (mostly for the B-sides).

dim can suck my d*ck

Lmaoooo I love you Emmny hahahaha.

As for me their best album is NIL, followed by Disorder, and then DIM. 

DIM is amazing and yes it is their best work but i just love everything about NIL a lot more, especially the composition and the over flow of the album. Its almost tear jerking.

Lmaoooo I love you Emmny hahahaha.

As for me their best album is NIL, followed by Disorder, and then DIM. 

DIM is amazing and yes it is their best work but i just love everything about NIL a lot more, especially the composition and the over flow of the album. Its almost tear jerking.

Gonna have to agree with 'Stall Emms. NIL was just perfect for their time, before the transition into a different sound. Followed by Stacked Rubbish, and then Disorder.

i like nil too, i just can't deal with the dick riding of dim, its morally WRONG

dogma my favourite of all time hands down tho !!

i'm glad Disorder is getting this much love <3 Love the punk influences they got back then.

Dogma is really impressive too, I'm actually getting hyped to see them live now

I also really like Dainihon Itangeishateki Noumiso Gyaku Kaiten Zekkyou Ongenshuu even though it is a compilation. For albums NIL is definitely second. I don't think their sound in Disorder is really polished but there were definitely still some nice tracks in there.

Duuuude "Disorder" all the way for me.

For singles, "gozen 0-ji no trauma radio".

These eras are probably my favorite Gazette.

The GazettE have so many good mini albums too, "hankou seimei bun" being my favorite.

It's all about Madara.

Nil is fine, but songs like Nausea & Shudder and DLN drive me nuts because they're like 6 minutes long and don't go anywhere. Can't stand when half a song is just the chorus repeated over and over again.

Oh yeah, team Dim over here. It's Stacked Rubbish with a bit more mature approach. Like, Agony is/was the epitome of Ruki's absolutely fucking awful English, and it's not even cute or funny, it's embarrassing.

Hyena is the shit though.

Agony is the epitome of Ruki's absolutely fucking awful Engrish, and it's not even cute or funny, it's embarrassing.

This!! I wish RUKI would have just left the lyrics in Japanese. I think they went with Engrish because of some Japanese music censorship board saying the lyrics were too extreme or something (?).

It's all about Madara.

Nil is fine, but songs like Nausea & Shudder and DLN drive me nuts because they're like 6 minutes long and don't go anywhere. Can't stand when half a song is just the chorus repeated over and over again.

Funny, I thought those were two of the best songs on NIL. I wish they would release a compilation album with Hankou Seimeibun, Madara, and Gama.

I always saw Disorder as their best release by a mile, followed by Cockayne Soup and Akuyuukai. I like the other EPs a lot too. And those also happens to be the only Gazette releases I need, despite a handful of very good songs on DIM and Taion from NIL which is easily among their best songs. But it's not enough to make me care for or actually listen to the two albums, as I am an album-kind of guy and listen to albums from A to Z without skipping songs. So if an album has 15 songs, it's gotta be 15 very enjoyable songs.

As far as singles goes it's all about the singles released before Reila + Distress and Coma. The rest I more or less consider garbage.

This!! I wish RUKI would have just left the lyrics in Japanese. I think they went with Engrish because of some Japanese music censorship board saying the lyrics were too extreme or something (?).

Well that's odd, because I don't think there's anything really all that offensive in the lyrics. But Japan is less lenient about things like that, so who knows.

Also a shout out to the breakdown in Filth in the beauty. It's bad enough that one of the lines is "reckless driving cucumber," it's even worse that Ruki straight up can't even say it correctly. I'm pretty sure I know what he was trying to get at, but ugh...