Spike760

the GazettE

MOO is just plain out overrated. Hard.

Uroboros was a great album because it was so different compared to their previous works.

As for DIM (and some parts of NIL even), I pretty much (and i'm sure a lot of people do to) call it "their Uroboros".

I liked DIM a LOT and I hope their next album will pretty much be like that. If not, I could always go for another DISORDER. :)

Best albums of the millennium - list is just another showcase of personal taste (which, in internet, leads to massive shitstorms everywhere),

And it's no use to discuss this matter/exposure/whatever

EDIT: why are we discussing this? Please stop.

that, and also comparing DEG to Gazette Albums? :| you wouldn't compare a computerscreen to a roast beef, would you? apples vs. "that other fruit" ...

but look at this toaster, it cooks eggs too!!!

hmmn, i'm not making any sense here?... whatever.

well cannot be help that where there is discussions about The GazettE,

there will be anyone mentions about DeG.

They are like, sugar and ants.

The chance is like 5:1, 5 for DeG will be mentioned.

And though this time are quite appropriate,

since we just talking about the album list.

Still, DeG way more too dominating on GazettE page xD

Maybe we better drop the DeG matter here,

or continue to discuss about it on their own page.

And back to topic,

Best album ever list are kinda too quick, for me anyway.

I mean, we still need to wait for another 5-10 years to see how much progress since

the last time The GazettE making a decent record, in this case DIM.

Yes, for now it does seems it is their best effort yet, but not "ever".

Though there is some albums on the list that i reckon as indeed the best ever,

say, for instance Annie Lennox's DIVA. T'was fab. But this is another matter.

So need not to comment on this latter part of my post.

Good album? Yes.

One of the best albums ever? No.

And I would have liked to see Uroboros by DEG there over Dum Spiro Spero. Uroboros has stood the test of time - DSS was just released. It's way too hasty to make any judgments about that album now.

Uroboros is on the list along with Gauze, Macabre, Marrow of a Bone, and Dum Spiro Spero.

full list can be viewed here: http://pastebin.com/uv73wif6

i think visual kei albums being featured alongside great albums like Revolver and stuff like that goes to show that the genre can actually be taken seriously and can produce quality material.

hell, i'd like to see a list of the best visual kei albums ever. this is the first time GazettE has probably ever been featured on a list like this, and probably one of the few times visual kei has.

i think visual kei albums being featured alongside great albums like Revolver and stuff like that goes to show that the genre can actually be taken seriously and can produce quality material.

QFT. So much.

QFT. So much.

Agreed as well.

i think visual kei albums being featured alongside great albums like Revolver and stuff like that goes to show that the genre can actually be taken seriously...

by some VK/jpop fan recently hipsterized, just look at that shit -

Björk – Debut

Suede – Suede

Tool – Undertow (OLOLOLOL)

Wu-Tang Clan – Enter The Wu-Tang (OLOLOLOLOLOL)

Oasis – Definitely Maybe (OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL)

TLC – CrazySexyCool (OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL)

tom waits followed by utada, madonna's music right next to kid a, marrow of the bone in the same year as in rainbows? and anyone taking this list seriously?

not to mention everything pre-1980 looks like random picks from "albums relesed this year" from wikipedia and everything else is either last.fm suggestions, plain bad taste (or a complete lack of one).

you don't listen to wutang if you're so britpop and genuinely enjoy radiohead. you don't listen to gazette in that case either, since the fine line between informal music taste and mauvais ton is quite easily developed.

^ that would be appropriate if they are some people who listens to music to look cool

or narrow minded fanatic that only hears one genre and take all others as shit

but if one is a music enthusiast than the genres itself,

genres does matters, there is almost no barriers of what they can and cannot hear.

So the list is O.K, actually.

but this conversation has been out of the line, as this is he place for talking about the gazette.

I won't delete the post, but make sure it's the last.

please make another topic in appropriate section for talking about this further more.

As i am the mod this particular section, i will delete anything off topic after this.

Blog "Best Albums Ever" has added GazettE's DIM to the list of best albums ever in the year 2009 along with Dir en grey.

http://bestalbumsever.tumblr.com/post/9 ... ost-part-i

lolwat

it's a tumblr.

it's hardly definitive. If it were rolling stone or Pitchfork, maybe. Not someone's personal tumblr list that anyone could've put it.

And DIM? Disorder or even Nil would've been a better choice.

Full pv of REMEMBER THE-- is out, and it is so generic its laughable. After all these shitty singles I think its time to declare that gazerock is dead.

Is anyone really looking forward to the new album?

Reita for some reason is starting to piss me off.

I mean he just look silly now...i don't know why I though he was cool in the first place.

He's approaching his 30s, maybe he should drop the nose band.

Other than that... Yeah, their new releases have been pretty generic altogether, but not terrible, and definitely listenable/enjoyable. At least to me. Looking forward to their album anyway. Maybe they come up with something new.

the thought of Reita losing his noseband kinda makes me chuckled for a bit :mrgreen:

but you might be right, though i am not sure how are their fans taking it.

Well folks, what are your favorite Gazette releases?

Just asking since I am going to delete the most of their stuff in my library, and perhaps I might leave some releases by them...

If I were you I'd keep: DISORDER, NIL, DIM, Gama, that compilation of all of their older mini-albums, the compilation of their three one-coin singles.

That might be pushing it but that's really all you need, perhaps more than you need. Everything else can go.

well that's depends on your own taste actually.

and in hoping this not gonna make you more confuse to choose,

if i were in your shoes, i'll keep Madara, Gama, Dainihon Itan... and DIM.

O.K, maybe NIL for some good catchy tracks in it.

And that one song from Verwelktes Gedicht photobook.

My faves are all their albums (yes, even STACKED RUBBISH xD), the MADARA mini album, and that early song-collection album Dainihon...something (long-ass title). That's all you need I guess.

small cover of the TOXIC album is availble to see at their official website.

toxicsmallcover.png

[EDIT]

HQ covers.

Regular Edition:

SRCL-7763.jpg

& Limited Edition:

SRCL-7761.jpg

I thought that was just really bad shadowing technique.

Also, the regular edition cover....um, someone should have told the designer that white font on a white background = illegible.