Spike760

Dir en grey

Wow. 'the strongest and maddest record resonating across the globe' 'uncategorized' 'only artist that can surpass themselves'?

I know band descriptions are generally terrible and wanky, but this is even worse than usual. It's so bad I kind of like Dir en grey less now.

Don't think they wrote it themselves. But yes, reading that made me facepalm so hard it hurt a little.

Oh I'd like for Dir en grey to drone.

They obviously did not write it.

it was made for the lulz actually

Yeah I kind of figured. I just laugh every time someone seriously thinks Dir en grey is grindcore/deathcore/etc, haha.

I know how you feel. I just had the same the other day when some dude on YouTube told me that Withering To Death was pure metal and wasn't remotely different from MOAB, Uroboros or Hageshisa to. I'm not even going to RESPOND to that.

1. I don't want to start a shitstorm

2. Apparently this person isn't very good with genres. I personally dgaf,

3. YouTube comments always are full of bullcrap

^ and rest of the album becoming somewhat like Cannibal Corpse records. :lol:

regarding those band introduction.

Well they were just trying to promote themselves.

I am sure those were their labels or management,

who come up with the idea.

As funny as it gets, i agree with the last line though.

Only them that can surpass themselves.

They know their own limit.

what he's been doing lately is a variation of pig squealing. It's not what you'll hear in a Job For A Cowboy song -- but the technique is identical, so I guess he sort of is.

As much as I love Dir en grey, Kyo as of right now, canNOT "pig squeal" at all.

He really needs to concentrate on that side of his vocal capabilities.

He could make it top-notch.

"The eighth studio album from the Japanese rockers follows 2008's 'Uroboros', with guitarist Kaoru claiming to NME, the album is "more savage" than the band's previous releases. "The record comes from a deeper world and is completely different from any of our past works," he said.

Speaking about the content and lyrical inspiration of the 14-track collection, bassist Toshiya said: "We live in a world where we don’t know what is the truth and what we should believe in. I just wanted to put some hope into the music that we create.""

( http://www.nme.com/news/dir-en-grey/56900# )

deeper world? guess he's referring to their new 7-string-toys :P

this album will probably be a fest for all the br00talfags (like me...) ^^

just hope they don't completely abandon their nice melodical touch tho

A little protip:

Just don't fly too high,

so it won't be too hurt when you're hitting the Earth if they didn't make something up to your expectation.

As you know they just doing their thing.

And their thing are always causing some contradiction within their fanbase and other listeners alike.

They are not another rock band that moved on a pattern, they're random.

Very random. Be it good or not.

This album is shaping up to sound exactly like how I have been expecting it to sound now. My expectations are sky rocketing now.

Oh and the album is releasing a day early in America:

http://www.theendrecords.com/news/dir-e ... piro-spero

it will be available in 3 editions just like in Europe and Japan

Already mentioned this, but there will be 2 Editions, the Special Edition including both the CD and 2LPs in a Digipack package!

^my mistake! My computer was lagging and I didn't think someone had posted the info yet. Sorryyy!

I'm hoping that the US version ends up cheaper somehow...because I seriously do not want to pay 150 for the special edition...

Searching for the truth? Sounds like the musical version of Miles Edgeworth. Anyway, if this is most 'savage' work till now I suppose it's heavier than UROBOROS?

Searching for the truth? Sounds like the musical version of Miles Edgeworth. Anyway, if this is most 'savage' work till now I suppose it's heavier than UROBOROS?

Since they started to use their new seven (+maybe eight as well?)-stringed toys, their heaviness has gone to the new level for sure

I think drone/doom/sludge kinda fits into their current "dark" theme (isn't WnG sludge or something like that?)

(not a fan of those genres though)

zji9w4.png

zji9w4.png

i lol'd

You sir are a god

I can picture it being a lot heavier than UROBOROS, and stressing the difference between light and dark sounds. I don't think it'll be more "savage" or heavy because it'll be DEATHCOREEEEEE GROWLLLLLLLL, but instead it'll have heavy and very light parts which accentuate the darker aspects of it.

And the band only really used a 7 string for LOTUS, I have heard no word of a 7 string for DIFFERENT SENSE, so I believe they've gone back to their weird drop A# tuning.

I can picture it being a lot heavier than UROBOROS, and stressing the difference between light and dark sounds. I don't think it'll be more "savage" or heavy because it'll be DEATHCOREEEEEE GROWLLLLLLLL, but instead it'll have heavy and very light parts which accentuate the darker aspects of it.

And the band only really used a 7 string for LOTUS, I have heard no word of a 7 string for DIFFERENT SENSE, so I believe they've gone back to their weird drop A# tuning.

nope, it can be much more heavier without being deathcore.

and yes, they're using 7 strings for the new album not just for lotus.

I don't think savage necessarily means heavier, but it might. They say its going to be diffrerent than their other albums. Most of their albums have always had a mix of heavy with lighter, slower tracks. Maybe this one will just be one extreme?

Then again, the two singles - one is heavy, one isn't.

^ But I do think LOTUS will be an album ender like someone else in this topic said. Or maybe an opener. I can see it working as an opener too but I'd much rather have Sa Bir part two instead.

nah, i guess it will only be filler like Glass Skin does to UROBOROS,

as "the song that featured as second single" on the album.

Maybe just gonna be placed in the middle of the song

or few songs near the end for a breath in.

But surely big chance will still fit perfectly in the record.

And i hope they didn't make Engrish version of it though, space wasting.

Such thing should've been placed on the single release than an album.

That is so true. The English version of Dozing Green was tolerable. I listen to that maybe once a year. The English version of Glass Skin? Skip 100% of the time.

That is so true. The English version of Dozing Green was tolerable. I listen to that maybe once a year. The English version of Glass Skin? Skip 100% of the time.

ugh. that's so true, I replaced the english version of my folder with the japanese ones.

nope, it can be much more heavier without being deathcore.

and yes, they're using 7 strings for the new album not just for lotus.

Heavy is not defined by the amount of breakdowns or the amount of death growls. it is something far greater than that.

and where did you read this? Source?

Dum Spiro Spero XDDDD

Ok, it'll be on August. I wonder what they will present this year.

Perhaps they could make an extended version of Lotus (i liked the single though), u know sth like Vinushka.