Spike760

Dir en grey

lol no. it is latin for some lines that

were overused by many family badges, towns and corporates.

Click the link for info.

which leads me think, whoever coin this as album title

maybe have seen it somewhere before LOL j/k

DIR EN GREY will release their 8th studio album “DUM SPIRO SPERO?? 2 years and 9 months after “UROBOROS?? which garnered overwhelming support as the strongest and the maddest record resonating across the globe. In our time when heavy rock music has become diversified, the band’s deep and extensive, unique perspective is once again borderless, uncategorized.

There are 14 tracks including “Hageshisa To, Kono Mune No Naka De Karamitsuita Shakunetsu No Yami?? (featured on ‘SAW 3D’ soundtrack), “LOTUS??, “DIFFERENT SENSE?? as single-cut tracks in this album.

With the combination of world-noted engineers and the individuality of a Japanese born and bred band. After all, DIR EN GREY is the only artist that can surpass themselves.

So, we'll get 11 new tracks (not including DIFFERENT SENSE). That's good!

70 MINUTES, 14 TRACKS

IM JERKING OFF RIGHT NOW

Neo Tokyo just revealed the European Editions;

"DUM SPIRO SPERO" will be released in Europe in 3 different versions. The regular edition followed by a deluxe variant and a vinyl LP Edition."

OMG I'm gonna be so broke within a couple of weeks. (Japanese Deluxe box + all these three EU editions)

DEAD. FUCK YES.

I am so fucking pumped for this.

I need more Dir en grey in my life and August 3rd will bring it to me

11 New Tracks = Perfect amount.

The longer an album is, the harder it gets to make an interesting album. We/I already know that two of the songs are really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really bad. But hopefully the rest is something listenable at least. But 70 minutes is a long time. I demand several songs that pushes 10 (hopefully even longer) minutes and a lot of experimental stuff. Throw in a lot of noise, sludge, ambient, folk, avant-gardedelic rock, drone and other goodies for us. Yay! That would have been damn good.

The longer an album is, the harder it gets to make an interesting album. We/I already know that two of the songs are really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really bad. But hopefully the rest is something listenable at least. But 70 minutes is a long time. I demand several songs that pushes 10 (hopefully even longer) minutes and a lot of experimental stuff. Throw in a lot of noise, sludge, ambient, folk, avant-gardedelic rock, drone and other goodies for us. Yay! That would have been damn good.

you really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really must listen to some american band. this is DIR EN GREY and they'll do whatever they want with their music. i really don't know what you people expect from the band, you already know the way and the sound they already choose. you don't like hageshisa 'cuz it's nonsense death-grind-core-ish shit. you don't like lotus 'cuz is a boring semi-ballad or whatever reason. god i don't wanna think what you're going to say if they want to release something on the same line as yokan or taiyou no ao. my god xD

you really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really must listen to some american band.

I listen to a shitload of american bands. But thank you.

i really don't know what you people expect from the band.

Good music.

you don't like hageshisa 'cuz it's nonsense death-grind-core-ish shit.

1. I don't like Hageshisa... because I think it is a shitty song.

2. Hageshisa... does not have a single element of grind in it.

you don't like lotus 'cuz is a boring semi-ballad or whatever reason.

Once again, it's another song I don't like because I find it to be a shitty, dull song. Has nothing to do with it being a "semi-ballad". Got nothing against ballads at all. But with all kinds of music (except for deathcore) there's good and there's bad, and to me, Lotus is the bad kind.

god i don't wanna think what you're going to say if they want to release something on the same line as yokan or taiyou no ao. my god xD

I think both Taiyou no ao and Yokan are damn good pop songs. I honestly do not care about genres as long as it's not deathcore, which is a genre I have yet to find something listenable in, which again makes me think it's impossible to make a good deathcore song. But Yokan and Taiyou no ao are two songs I really enjoy, and if they released something liek that again I'd be happy AS LONG AS THEY ARE GOOD. :wink:

I just said what I would really love. Why did I do that? Because it is something I think Dir en grey would have fixed perfectly. Macabre, their most experimental release to date, is for me, also their best one. Uroboros, their second most experimental album till now, is my favourite second Dir en grey release. So yeah, I'd love for them to experiment some more with their music. :wub:

Please no more Vinushkas here...also drone ain't good for deg , nor for other ex-vk bands. Sorry bro, but you cannot demand Boris-style music from ex-vksters \o/

I won't demand anything else but new musical directions - I am getting more and more worried about current japanese (and european) music scene, since nowadays instead of "emotional and powerful" music we get only how-to-make-shitlots-of-money-in-music-industry - disasterpieces (yes girugamesh and Nogod, I am looking AT YOU)

Lotus was almost close enough to genericity and "money-collector" -genre but breakdown saved the day.

I think they should drop kyo's double vocals for once - I am not fond of hearing kyo's evil clones singing in the background, damn, let Toshiya or Die do melodic backing vocals instead of growling/shouting, DEG PLZ.

@OldCheesey my favourites are kisou and uroboros just because they're so different from the others, experimental and variable since they do not follow a line like TMOAB (that i like but it's all in the same "nü-metal" line).

i hope dum spiro spero will include something more experimental and longer than vinushka, i said listen to some american band (dream theater?) 'cuz i found difficult to find something THAT long and THAT experimental with changing tempos on a deg album (difficult, not impossible).

and yeah, i'd love to hear a song similar to yokan or taiyou no ao but i was basing my past post in their pretty fucked up fanbase. don't know if you understand me now?

Please no more Vinushkas here...also drone ain't good for deg , nor for other ex-vk bands. Sorry bro, but you cannot demand Boris-style music from ex-vksters \o/

why not? you mean just because their exvk they can't pull out some experimental shit? pffft

I'm not sure if people are making the Spyro comments based on this or not, but how are you guys pronouncing the title?

Dum Spiro Spero

Du-m spear-o spare-o

Du like from "Du hast mich" with an m attached to the end, and the o's pronounced like if you were calling someone a "lame-o"

WHO SAYS DIRU CAN'T DRONE? Not that I expect them to, but if they drop a bit of drone in a track on the new album that would be completely awesome and unexpected.

I'm not sure if people are making the Spyro comments based on this or not, but how are you guys pronouncing the title?

Dum Spiro Spero

Du-m spear-o spare-o

actually, spiro is "speer-o", even though speer isnt anything. as long as i know lol.

and btw, the final "o" u add at the end of spiro and spero is not supposed to end with a kind of "u"

AHAHAHAHAHA.

DIR EN GREY will release their 8th studio album “DUM SPIRO SPERO?? 2 years and 9 months after “UROBOROS?? which garnered overwhelming support as the strongest and the maddest record resonating across the globe. In our time when heavy rock music has become diversified, the band’s deep and extensive, unique perspective is once again borderless, uncategorized.

There are 14 tracks including “Hageshisa To, Kono Mune No Naka De Karamitsuita Shakunetsu No Yami?? (featured on ‘SAW 3D’ soundtrack), “LOTUS??, “DIFFERENT SENSE?? as single-cut tracks in this album.

With the combination of world-noted engineers and the individuality of a Japanese born and bred band. After all, DIR EN GREY is the only artist that can surpass themselves.

Wow. 'the strongest and maddest record resonating across the globe' 'uncategorized' 'only artist that can surpass themselves'?

I know band descriptions are generally terrible and wanky, but this is even worse than usual. It's so bad I kind of like Dir en grey less now.

AHAHAHAHAHA.

it was made for the lulz actually

Wow. 'the strongest and maddest record resonating across the globe' 'uncategorized' 'only artist that can surpass themselves'?

I know band descriptions are generally terrible and wanky, but this is even worse than usual. It's so bad I kind of like Dir en grey less now.

Don't think they wrote it themselves. But yes, reading that made me facepalm so hard it hurt a little.

Oh I'd like for Dir en grey to drone.

Don't think they wrote it themselves. But yes, reading that made me facepalm so hard it hurt a little.

Oh I'd like for Dir en grey to drone.

They obviously did not write it.

it was made for the lulz actually

Yeah I kind of figured. I just laugh every time someone seriously thinks Dir en grey is grindcore/deathcore/etc, haha.

Dum Spiro Spero

Du-m spear-o spare-o

actually, spiro is "speer-o", even though speer isnt anything. as long as i know lol.

and btw, the final "o" u add at the end of spiro and spero is not supposed to end with a kind of "u"

The word "spear" is pronounced "speer," and is the same sound as the "ea" in "eat." As to the "u" bit, I have no idea what you're talking about. The "o" is pronounced like an "o" or a really short "oh."