Spike760

Dir en grey

I don't like the album title. It doesn't fit with any theme Dir en grey has ever had, imo.

I'm excited, because I ended up loving UROBOROS, but the two singles released thus far have been pretty meh. I'm still hopeful, but I kind of expect to be let down.

@sebbivism Awesome! I figured just wanted to make sure

@sai YOU KNOW MY HIGHWAY UNICORN IS GONNA BE ALL ABOUT BLASTING THE RRRGLBRGLBRGL SPEWING FROM KYO'S MOUTH! Rofl, I'm excited.

It doesn't fit with any theme Dir en grey has ever had, imo.

Well it would be pretty boring if they do something they already did, no? :)

@sai YOU KNOW MY HIGHWAY UNICORN IS GONNA BE ALL ABOUT BLASTING THE RRRGLBRGLBRGL SPEWING FROM KYO'S MOUTH! Rofl, I'm excited.

I lol'd irl.

Man I'm pretty sure DIFFERENT SENSE will blow the other 2 singles out of the water

also iirc kaoru or another member said they were gonna re-work the singles for the album so hm could only get better

Well...the band has stated that they are planning on doing something that they have never done before. The point of UROBOROS was to sum up all of their years as a band so they could move on. They have moved on from their previous stuff. So if this doesn't fit a previous Dir en grey theme, I'd say it's because this is not the same band that released UROBOROS or anything else they've released. We are going to see a completely different band.

@Tokage: I remember Die saying that LOTUS was going to sound different. But I'd say that's because they are going to choose someone else to mix / master the new album. So it will have a completely different sound. I've heard nothing about re-working the songs entirely.

I also heard LOTUS on the album was going to be longer. No facts to back that up though and I can't remember where I read it.

I also heard LOTUS on the album was going to be longer. No facts to back that up though and I can't remember where I read it.

i remember reading that somewhere too. could really help the song since the way it is now it actually feels kind of something is missing, so one or two added minutes with an actual climax could turn this song from "meh" to something beautiful. not sure tho, if they had parts to help the songs suspense, why not putting it in the single?

i remember reading that somewhere too. could really help the song since the way it is now it actually feels kind of something is missing, so one or two added minutes with an actual climax could turn this song from "meh" to something beautiful. not sure tho, if they had parts to help the songs suspense, why not putting it in the single?

The length was one of the biggest issues i had with it, so i hope they " fix it " so to say. The chugs in the beginning need to go too.

The lenght was a big problem, yes. It should have ended before it even started. And the fact that it will be on the album scares me. The song is just horrible, and putting it on the album will ruin the whole flow if the other tracks are good. Doubt it, but still...IF.

you know...glass skin sounds almost nothing like the rest of uroboros...yet it flows well. Perfectly actually. My problem with lotus is that it almost goes nowhere. There is no inherent progression of sound throughout...it just remains stagnant. Other than that I liked it...but not as much as hageshisa to. Hageshisa to was just great! I picture lotus being in the last half of the album. Maybe even the second to last track because of its sound which is very reminiscent of closure. Yes...I think that would follow nicely.

Lotus was amazing <3 And the length was fine, dir en grey has heaps of songs that end abruptly.

Looking forward to this.

If they are not going to make new songs for b-sides

I shall make a special request then:

Myaku -re-recorded ver-

I would imagine Kyo doing some growling stuff during the bridge and hook section (GOT FOR GIMMICK...DEVI-I-I-I-ISE!!!)

Even though they stopped doing spoken word sections :(

Schwein no isu would sound quite awful as re-recorded version - it just doesnt fit into their current style.

Maybe acoustic version of Zakuro would work.

The lenght was a big problem, yes. It should have ended before it even started. And the fact that it will be on the album scares me. The song is just horrible, and putting it on the album will ruin the whole flow if the other tracks are good. Doubt it, but still...IF.

Maybe that's your opinion, but there are multiple people who think otherway. So do not state it as shitty or badly composed if that's YOUR opinion. Opinions differ.

Even though they stopped doing spoken word sections :(

Hydra -666- doesn't count?

Vinushka and Gaika...

And the remake of ZAN.

Also, everything that people say here should be taken as opinion. No need to get butthurt or defensive.

Glass Skin had a semi-spoken word section too IIRC

Also, everything that people say here should be taken as opinion. No need to get butthurt or defensive.

:hug:

@pretsy: "current style"? Which is...?

I just tried to indicate that schwein no isu would sound horrible with kyo's growls and heavy guitars

it's quite heavy for me and it's enough. Same thing concerns Tsumi to batsu as well

@everyone:

Oh sorry, I forgot that they had spoken word sections in recent songs as well :emo:

I wish they could make songs like Myaku again, it had grown on me since my first deg listening and (almost) cacophonic guitarsolo always appealed to me + it's also one of the few deg songs with a DRUM SOLO, they need more of those :)

Well I watched a video of a Schwein no Isu recording from last year or something like that and it was awesome,so I would enjoy a re-recording,but I really doubt they would choose that one.

Edit:Here it is

QJ9KxkFvEUI

Must love what Kyo does at 3:01