Spike760

Dir en grey

That was relevant ...

He/she wrote about DIR EN GREY, in a DIR EN GREY thread. I don't see how it isn't relevant?

The current topic of conversation was the new single, but whatever. I'm not going to argue.

Just wondering... is FREE-WILL the only record label that DIR is signed with? I'd figure all of the touring is expensive, does FREE-WILL really have the money for all of this?

that was OFF TOPIC... sorry... i don't know why i even wrote that...

please ignore it T__T

There's no need for you to apologize honey. You didn't do anything wrong.

free will division are under Sony Music JP

they're signed by THE END RECORDS in the USA (previously by WARCON during WTD and TMOAB) and okami in EU (previously by GAN-SHIN)

I'm still waiting for a leak of the new single. With a name like Lotus, it has to be a ballad.

1. it won't leak

2. Dir en grey don't write titles based on the sound of their songs.

Just wondering... is FREE-WILL the only record label that DIR is signed with? I'd figure all of the touring is expensive, does FREE-WILL really have the money for all of this?

FREE-WILL is a management company that owns like...everything in the Japanese music industry. Dir en grey are apart of the sub-division FIREWALL DIV. which directly manages them and a few other bands i believe.

Nope I was wrong. Dir en grey releases through Sony as well. But it is interesting how THE END still shows up on their Japanese only releases. Guess it's just contractual agreements and the like.

I'm still waiting for a leak of the new single. With a name like Lotus, it has to be a ballad.

1. it won't leak

2. Dir en grey don't write titles based on the sound of their songs.

1. I didn't mean leak as in release early. I'm keeping my fingers crossed somebody will record them playing it live. If they do.

2. And judging by a title, it sounds like a ballad. When I read the title GLASS SKIN it sounded like a ballad ...

and you thinking glass skin was going to be a ballad was your own interpretation that holds very little merit other than some subjective reassurance. To be honest (though im not saying its not going to be a ballad) but a ballad as a single at this point for the band would seem almost uncharacteristic

Semi-agree with will. I don't think it will be as heavy as the last two releases (Warsaw & Hageshisa) but I don't think it will be a plodding ballad either. I think it will be something along the lines of Toguro, but matured a bit with their sound. That's always a possibility.

Then with Dir en grey you just never know.

and you thinking glass skin was going to be a ballad was your own interpretation that holds very little merit other than some subjective reassurance.

Yup and that's what I was conjecturing. It's just an opinion Mr Direngreywiki.

is that a sad attempt at an insult? Nice try.

I don't think it will be a ballad either. I hope its a mid-tempo song, but nothing like anything off UROBOROS.

Oh yeah definitely! The gutturals will stay around I'm pretty sure. He's been improving on them lately to the point where they're not pig squeals, so I can only imagine he's looking to implement them more.

He's been improving on them lately to the point where they're not pig squeals, so I can only imagine he's looking to implement them more.

Please. The pig squeals were the worst.

oh whoops, a typo on my part (per usual). I meant to say "now pig squeals". The thing is, is that Kyos gutturals have gotten so good, that they're very similar to pig squeals. "pig squeals" are just a raw classification for extremely wet gutturals, something Kyo has been doing because he's now no longer cupping the mic to whisper-growl. He has gotten better.

thank you so much for posting the whole videography it's awesome <3

(i don't know if to post this here or in download section)

help again i am confused. because i can't download the whole dvd again :code of vulgarism.

i remember there was after the end another different performance of -the final- with different clothes without fire etc.

disc 2 is : Tour03 Over the Vulgar Shudder . does it have a 2nd performance of the final ? because i see a different track list.

or the encore is in disc 1?

am i imagining things o_O. i am sure i had seen this. and a 2nd performance of Umbrella etc

^On disc 1 there's a section of the menu, (I think it says "Special" or something along those lines), that you can select to watch both of the full encores. ^^

i still remember when some admins (i believe it's Doe, Missa and Champ) making jokes about Kyo being bald.

And you know what, it's happening now xD

deg.png

i feel so weird, it's like dejavu LOL