Trombe

AvelCain will disband

Karma is my visual kei hero gtfo to your business school and church fund raiser event if you don't like him

What the hell is all this talking about Karma faking being depressed. The fuck does this have to do with anything.

Seriously this. 

I think I tried them once or twice. I heard they were supposed to be really good but I don't remember anything exceptional from them. I'll wait for the best of album.

That's weird, they just got a new drummer and stuff.

Welp. I will be looking forward to Seiko's next project..

Agreed, super weird to bother getting a drummer if they had an idea that they were disbanding soon. (And lol)

I didn't expect this to happen so soon after Lycaon's disbandment but I'm honestly not too surprised considering that Izumi overworks and underpays bands. I'm sure they're disbanding to escape him.

Signing with Shimizuya is basically a death sentence.

I hope Sibile doesn't meet the same fate but I wouldn't be surprised if they also disbanded within the next year or two.

Just saying: Lycaon was with Shimizuya for their entire career of 7/8 years. Avel will have been there 3/4 years. I haven't talked to Karma or Yuuki lately, so I can't say whether they were overworked, but I assume the bands had good experiences if they stayed that long.

I think I tried them once or twice. I heard they were supposed to be really good but I don't remember anything exceptional from them. I'll wait for the best of album.

lol their best album is already out, it's called AvelCain ;). Seriously though, their best work is that or Jiseki no Mushiro, so if you don't like either of those, you just don't like AvelCain.

As much as i liked them, this had to happen sooner or later. What is a band that cant write their own songs and cant play/sing songs written for them live? For that they were too sucessful. Just hope their management/eve finds some other random guys to replace them with a similiar atmosphere band and a less arrogant/fake despressive frontguy.

That's basically my opinion. I'm sad that they're disbanding, because I enjoyed their work. But at the same time, what are any of those members going to do without Eve? None of them can compose well. And I don't recall liking any early Lycaon stuff, so I wonder if Eve's compositions even sound good with other bands.

I'm interested to see if anyone involved in AvelCain ends up in a better situation--right now, I can't imagine that being the case!

Login into MH and reading this...

WORST WAY TO SPEND A NIGHT...

They make awesome music, and I have to admit that I didn't dig them at the beginning, then with ID love at first sight :indie_sad:

Just saying: Lycaon was with Shimizuya for their entire career of 7/8 years. Avel will have been there 3/4 years. I haven't talked to Karma or Yuuki lately, so I can't say whether they were overworked, but I assume the bands had good experiences if they stayed that long.

I can't say for AvelCain since I never really followed them but you should check out Lycaon's schedule from October until their last live:

10/2 twoman live (Tokyo)

-2 days off-

10/5 oneman live (Tokyo)

-3 days off-

10/9 event live (Nagoya)

-2 days off-

10/12 oneman (Nagoya)

10/13 event live (Nagoya)

10/14 instore x2 (Tokyo)

10/15 event live (Tokyo)

10/16 event live (Sendai)

10/17 instore (Sendai)

10/18 instore (Niigata)

10/19 event live (Niigata)

-2 days off-

10/22 event live (Nagoya)

10/23 event live (Nagoya)

10/24 instore x2 (Nagoya)

10/25 event live (Gifu)

-4 days off-

10/30 event live (Osaka)

10/31 instore x2 (Osaka)

11/1 instore (Osaka)

-1 day off-

11/3 event live (Tokyo)

-2 days off-

11/6 Last Live (Tokyo)

This of course doesn't account for rehearsal days. Then there's the time spent traveling across the country by car.

The 12th to the 19th looks especially insane. Do you know how long it takes to drive from Nagoya to Tokyo, Tokyo to Sendai, Sendai to Niigata, then Niigata to Nagoya?

Also keep in mind that leaving a label isn't that simple. It's not like they could've just up and left Shimizuya and continued the band under the same name and performing the same songs that Shimizuya owns the rights to.

Is this going to turn into some sort of weird AvelCain x Lycaon Shimizuya Records frankenstein band?

Sorry for this, hopefully hell no, Lycaon(hiyuu era) members need people on there level. Perhaps that's why they are taking their time. and why it took ichiro 2 years to join. 

I can't say for AvelCain since I never really followed them but you should check out Lycaon's schedule from October until their last live:

10/2 twoman live (Tokyo)

-2 days off-

10/5 oneman live (Tokyo)

-3 days off-

10/9 event live (Nagoya)

-2 days off-

10/12 oneman (Nagoya)

10/13 event live (Nagoya)

10/14 instore x2 (Tokyo)

10/15 event live (Tokyo)

10/16 event live (Sendai)

10/17 instore (Sendai)

10/18 instore (Niigata)

10/19 event live (Niigata)

-2 days off-

10/22 event live (Nagoya)

10/23 event live (Nagoya)

10/24 instore x2 (Nagoya)

10/25 event live (Gifu)

-4 days off-

10/30 event live (Osaka)

10/31 instore x2 (Osaka)

11/1 instore (Osaka)

-1 day off-

11/3 event live (Tokyo)

-2 days off-

11/6 Last Live (Tokyo)

whenever i look at band schedules i wonder how they can endure it for so many years.... its insane. and in between all of that bands have to plan their next releases and probably have individual schedules like photoshoots

Read about this on tumblr this morning and I'm heartbroken. They've become one of my favorite bands T.T (and lots of people are hating but Karma's melodrama is all part of his charm, I find it lovable....)

For the past few years , AvelCain is one of the most remarkable VK bands around,
I really like their music, especially their 2014 release - AvelCain-アベルカイン- 夏の終 妖の匣 言の葉 were masterpieces !!!!!
Disband is such a sorrow ending for this incredible band !!!!! <3

I wonder if Karma will form another band since he once tweeted "if Avelcain dies I will also die". Of course I can't say if that is directly connected to their disbandment since he tweeted that forever ago but it does get me thinking if he means his Karma persona will die or that he plans to leave vk when AvelCain disbands.

If my memory dont fail, his tweet wasnt that but "If AvelCain dies i don't die, but if i die AvelCain dies".

If my memory dont fail, his tweet wasnt that but "If AvelCain dies i don't die, but if i die AvelCain dies".

Ah yes, that was it. You have a good memory.

I feel kinda bad forgetting since I was the one who translated it for another thread on here....oops

On another topic, I wonder if Shimizuya intends on signing another band. The label can't survive with only one band, especially since sibile still plays small venues with unpopular and moderately popular bands [for vk standards].

This is such a waste, really wish this wasn't true.. For some silly reason, I felt like they weren't going to last that long. Quitting this soon seems like wasted potential.

Best of luck to them regardless..

This actually sounds pretty promising as far as new band is concerned. For Karma anyway...

On another topic, I wonder if Shimizuya intends on signing another band. The label can't survive with only one band, especially since sibile still plays small venues with unpopular and moderately popular bands [for vk standards].

Not the best record label to deal with.

For example ワン★スター from same Shimizuya records.

First gt. Romeo has left the band for personal reasons. Some time after the band iself has disbanded.

But now they are all back forming new band with Romeo as well.

To me it seems like label issues. But I have no idea what was the problem.

Sometimes band can escape label, like umbrella left Starwave and stayed umbrella, but I think it highly depends on contracts they have with label.

Anyway they (Avelcain I mean) are free to continue under another name.

naa...

umbrella joined a different label.

I'm sure that label purchased the rights.

so if a band has no money to start themselfs. to buy the rights etc. the only way is to disband. its all about money.

what this band is up to do, we all will notice after their disbandment.

are they as popular or more as Lycaon when they disbanded?