Rosebetz

the GazettE new album "DOGMA" 8/2015 release

"THE GAZETTE's New Song Is Japan's Answer To Bands Like KATATONIA"

1285102762077.gif

If Gazette was 1% as good as Katatonia is they wouldn't have such an annoying fanbase. I feel so ofended by this headline. It's one of the most disturbing things I've ever read,  haha.

What? Is Gazette's fanbase annoying because of the quality of the music? Nah, that's not the reason.

My reaction was more to the general comparisson of Gazette and Katatonia, wich for me personally, is beyond dumb. Quality-wise I think Katatonia have been just as bad as Gazette for the last 10 years. Katatonia post-Viva Emptiness sucks.

Between this comparison and random international metal media hooking up with Yoshiki of all ppl from time to time, I just don't understand what Western metal journalists smoke sometimes... xDDD

Did you guys actually read the small response he did to the song or did you just read the headline and just say "fuck it, time to voice my frustration. HOW DARE HE!!"?

Did you guys actually read the small response he did to the song or did you just read the headline and just say "fuck it, time to voice my frustration. HOW DARE HE!!"?

I get what you mean but it's a bit of a stretch to make comparisons when we only have one full song.

How dare they to compare Gazette with the great Katatonia, wow I can't believe. If Gazette was 0000,1% as good as Katatonia, i'm so offended, wow......yeah.

Anyway, can't wait, album will be very soon, I really love all previews haha. Please be good! Previews for BD was really good, but when album was released i was disappointed.

That is great news, so I don't have to purchase it off iTunes Japan but from US iTunes instead, since my credits are on the red line atm. :P

I'm assuming that Sony Music Japan will be distributing DOGMA on the US iTunes store, like they've done with every release since TOXIC. Unfortunately, JPU Records doesn't release/distribute anything in the US. They snub us completely. (pretty sure there are legal reasons for it)

ETA: I really hope that every GazettE fan with a US iTunes account buys the album there! I hope it'll do well in the iTunes US Top 200. BEAUTIFUL DEFORMITY made it to #156 around the time it was released.

I'm assuming that Sony Music Japan will be distributing DOGMA on the US iTunes store, like they've done with every release since TOXIC. Unfortunately, JPU Records doesn't release/distribute anything in the US. They snub us completely. (pretty sure there are legal reasons for it)

ETA: I really hope that every GazettE fan with a US iTunes account buys the album there! I hope it'll do well in the iTunes US Top 200. BEAUTIFUL DEFORMITY made it to #156 around the time it was released.

Well, this album have really big hype, bigger than BD, i also hope they will be high on Oricon, this is most important, for them at least, lmao. But i don't know about Japan, no idea how many people will buy this album, If music is good, I hope Dogma will be do better than BD. Visual kei on the decline already long time.

Oya, thanks.

It is a good reassurance when I read it will released simultaneously on 26th.

I suppose that would mean 25th afternoon?

Not sure at what time iTunes usually update the new releases.

I do hope so too, that way Gazette know they have a support from down here.

I get what you mean but it's a bit of a stretch to make comparisons when we only have one full song.

Right, but he is talking about just that one song and how it reminds of him of stuff he's heard from Katatonia. He's not saying the whole album or the band itself, just that one song he's heard. Which is why I'm wondering why everyone is literally "judging a book by its cover" and flipping out so much. 

Nevertheless, album comes out in a little over a week. Ruki has mentioned finishing up their current PV so hopefully we get another video by then. I'm interested in checking this album out more so than their past albums

But no one is judging a book by its cover, we're all just laughing at his awful comparison as no one else is getting a Katatonia-vibe from the song. It's as simple as that really.

Right, but he is talking about just that one song and how it reminds of him of stuff he's heard from Katatonia. He's not saying the whole album or the band itself, just that one song he's heard. Which is why I'm wondering why everyone is literally "judging a book by its cover" and flipping out so much. 

Nevertheless, album comes out in a little over a week. Ruki has mentioned finishing up their current PV so hopefully we get another video by then. I'm interested in checking this album out more so than their past albums

I wonder how many PVs did they actually shoot , there were several tweets about more of them im curious about the one with the crowd they invited to.

But no one is judging a book by its cover, we're all just laughing at his awful comparison as no one else is getting a Katatonia-vibe from the song. It's as simple as that really.

well, strictly speaking the article doesn't really claim any katatonia vibe per se.

the only comparison it mentions is: "everything I absolutely adore about bands like Katatonia and Porcupine Tree, in terms of heavy music that isn't afraid to sit back on wavering keyboards and acoustic guitars from time to time", which is a perfectly reasonable statement to make.

It's just that the ridiculous headline implies otherwise.

I wonder how many PVs did they actually shoot , there were several tweets about more of them im curious about the one with the crowd they invited to.

Maybe its for PVs to come and not for Dogma since they have different parts to this Dark Age phase, but I guess will see

Maybe its for PVs to come and not for Dogma since they have different parts to this Dark Age phase, but I guess will see

maybe it was for the parts in the previews, where you could see them live, i hope not tho

There is more than one PV on the Super Expensive Edition:

DISC 2

1 [DVD] [DOGMA] MUSIC VIDEO

DISC 3

1 [DVD] DOCUMENTARY OF [-13-] AT 日本武道館

2 [DVD] [DEUX] MUSIC VIDEO

3 [DVD] [OMINOUS] LYRIC VIDEO

4 [DVD] MAKING OF [DOGMA] MV

5 [DVD] TRAILER COLLECTION