zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

'People' is such an ugly word. To write and to pronounce. Peepel? Peepuhl?!

I like 'folks' best because it feels sort of belittling which is good because the human race sucks anyway :angry:

'People' is such an ugly word. To write and to pronounce. Peepel? Peepuhl?!

I like 'folks' best because it feels sort of belittling which is good because the human race sucks anyway :angry:

I think any word can sound weird if you say it enough repeatedly :lol:

As for your second sentence, that's an interesting interpretation. I feel the opposite. I feel like saying 'you people/people' can come off as cold and condescending where as 'you folks/folks' seems a bit more personable and endearing.

Cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, you're right it does sound funny.

Ranking in order to most respectful to least respectful:

People - ordinary, plain, dull, normal

Folks - hey you meaningless persons but I like you

You folks - listen up you're wrong and I'll tell you why
You people - hey you bunch of degenerates

Morrissey is coming to Budapest in October, this just made my day/week/life~ :3

I was just listening to 'never said no one ever' by The Smithies! Have fun!

Don't bring meat or he'll throw a chair at you

Sorry for double post.

...but, I don't really like UNiTE's UNiVERSE on first listen.

Still it's a grower on me and I love it after tons of listen session.

Cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, you're right it does sound funny.

can-stock-photo_csp14182645.jpg

I literally have no idea what you are referring to.

my status

Am I the only one who thinks Minpha looks like a Yuuki 2.0 cosplayer? lol

half, the sex is missing

Ah, I just remember someone complaining to me about quoting multiple people in a post once and I assumed you were responding to me the first time.

Ah, I just remember someone complaining to me about quoting multiple people in a post once and I assumed you were responding to me the first time.

ok :)

Are there any music magazines in physical form (actual paper sliding through your hands, all hail papercuts!) left that do not have very questionable motives?

All of them seem to have A4 sized advertisements for new albums while the review section gives an 8/10 or 9/10 to the same album in the same magazine! Have they no shame?

Or what about 'gigs to visit'-sections with hyping previews for concerts that coincidentally happen to all take place in the same 2 or 3 venues that coincidentally also happen to be mentioned in the list of sponsors on the last pages of the magazine? How do these things SELL? You could get away with it back in the internetless days but who still buys this crap in the digital era where independent reviews are available all over the internet? How does this work? <_<

I got a friend to help me go to a live on 8/6 to buy some CDs for me. I then emailed the band to ask what's left in stock so I could send her the money in advance.

The following day the band replied saying that they weren't be performing that day. Yes, wtf. Even though their name is in the lineup and printed on the ticket.

2lm7zhw.jpg

This is literally one of the most shocking things I've encountered in my years of enlisting the help of proxies and shopping services. So yeah, dunno wtf i'm supposed to do now lol.

I got a friend to help me go to a live on 8/6 to buy some CDs for me. I then emailed the band to ask what's left in stock so I could send her the money in advance.

The following day the band replied saying that they weren't be performing that day. Yes, wtf. Even though their name is in the lineup and printed on the ticket.

2lm7zhw.jpg

This is literally one of the most shocking things I've encountered in my years of enlisting the help of proxies and shopping services. So yeah, dunno wtf i'm supposed to do now lol.

Ask them when they'll play their next show so you and your friend can plan. That's about it.