zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

Not so long, considering how bad it is most of the time.

I'm not talking about the styling but about skin and hair work and that sort of thing. Although obviously indie labels would probably consider that less.

Swedish blogger Paula Dahlberg have gone to the media and complained about how beige adhesive bandage is racist. She also mentiones other types of band-aid, pantyhose and underwear as being racist.

All hail this super smart übermensh! All hail PAULA DAHLBERG!

^ I like how such petty hullabaloos, incl. MSM here getting mad crazy over some poorly racist FB post (and various random news concerning "hurr Sweden immigrant mayhem*"), are not doing much when it comes to prioritizing various, much more SEVERE issues around Nordic countries atm (then again, do I even expect the instagram generation here to realize what exactly is e.g. "a huge nosedive into deeper pits of recession w/ impossibly humongous amounts of debt"? I kinda feel bad seeing as e.g. France already realized this in their case)

*let's rejoice, our abrasive M-E politicking circa ~late 80s - now~ has led us to this circus, woo!

(inb4 "you don't know your shit")

/rantmode/

Swedish blogger Paula Dahlberg have gone to the media and complained about how beige adhesive bandage is racist. She also mentiones other types of band-aid, pantyhose and underwear as being racist.

All hail this super smart übermensh! All hail PAULA DAHLBERG!

321693_original.jpg

i really need to stop objectify people 

Talking about short haircuts, I read a short piece on Carey Mulligan in the Elegance magazine (don't ask*) where the photographer accuses her of living in a 'bubble' and implies she's a stuck up diva because she at first refused to wear a wig for a photoshoot. The tone of the piece was almost as if she was attacking her for being happy with her short hair.

"Only long hair can create a timeless look" or something like that was the statement of the photographer.

:huh: :huh: :huh: I guess it made perfect sense to her to invite a short haired woman to a photoshoot only to demand she wears a wig. :huh: :huh: :huh:

Damn these photographer folks, man. It's like they believe that anyone who doesn't immediately surrender to your demands is a diva. I'm getting much more respect for models lately, having to deal with all that demanding crap all the time.

*ok I got it for free, I don't think this particular issue is even out yet! I'm way ahead of all of you with my connections and secret privileges ;3

i really need to stop objectify people 

Perhaps you could start by changing your avatar from some creepy human doll to a real human. It is terrifying.

But then again dolls are often a bit creepy.

@Des, don't you get tired of the "kortpittig kapsel" phenomenon in the Netherlands, though? Do you ever see middle-aged women with long hair in our country? I've recently started counting and the only ones I see aren't native Dutch, for sure.

Yes, I see them all the time.

Sure it does not work with all faces.

There is a lot of other things wrong with those "lekker gek kort pittig (rood) kapsel" women than just the hair though! The hair is like the icing on the cake.  It's the combination of things: chubby faces (a lot of them are fat..ter than usual), ugly cheap accessoires and clothes and make-up applied all wrong. And of course they all look ready to go to the "Huishoudbeurs" or "Libelle Zomerfestivals". It's the entire package and the attitude!

If you don't have that attitude, basically if you're not one of the walking dead, then a shorter haircut should be fine.

I'm judging people like there's no tomorrow and it's fun. ^_^:(

SOMETHING WRONG, COLONEL?! YOU CAME HERE TO FIGHT A MADMAN....AND INSTEAD YOU FOUND A GOD?! 

Perhaps you could start by changing your avatar from some creepy human doll to a real human. It is terrifying.

But then again dolls are often a bit creepy.

how so? i thought these kinds were cute/sexy

After an hour of cycling, the grand total of middle aged women I counted without the "lekker kort pittig kapsel" was... two. This is just sad. Dutch women, let your hair flow!

im already in the phase where it feels like everyone on my screen is trying to seduce me, now ive entered another where nothing matters, is this when normal will do anything to get laid, like spend loads of money, look the other way, or give something extra?

and just like that Ari put my friend's and mines hyuna raving to bed

someone should make a thread titled Grieva vs Nicki minaj, not even a joke. grieva keep using the same riffs screams, nicki keeps talking about penises.  both are kinda ratchet too

someone should make a thread titled Grieva vs Nicki minaj, not even a joke. grieva keep using the same riffs screams, nicki keeps talking about penises.  both are kinda ratchet too

LMAO WHAT