zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

^5 used cds, via Air Mail :/ my order was 5,469 yen. :( it's the last time that I use FuckingJapan I swear it.

^5 used cds, via Air Mail :/ my order was 5,469 yen. :( it's the last time that I use FuckingJapan I swear it.

wtf? volume doesn't play a part for air mail shipping fees, and the weight of 5 cds shouldn't be anywhere near 5k+ yen. email them and ask them to check?

^Do you think guys I'm being fucked???? ://// this is my second attempt only to buy via FJ..

this is the Charge2 infos:

Charge2 Information
Payment option    PayPal
① Domestic delivery charge    ¥500
② Bank transfer fee    ¥172
③ Pending system usage fee of Charge1    ¥0
④ Excess charge    ¥0
⑤ Tax ( Charge1 )    ¥0
⑥ Check Service Fee    ¥600
⑦ Surcharge    ¥0
⑧ Oversea shipping     ¥4,200
⑨ Insurance options    Not insured
⑩ Box Fee ( New )    ¥500
⑪ Extra Services     ¥0
⑫ Combination Extension Fee    ¥0
⑬ Charge 2 Extension Fee    ¥0
⑭ Total ( ① ~ ⑬ )    ¥5,972
⑮ Used Point(s)    0 pt
⑯ System usage fee ( ⑭ - ⑮ × 5% )     ¥298
Charge2 Total ( ⑭ + ⑯ )    ¥6,270

⑥ Check Service Fee ¥600 <- next time don't bother to check this option. as far as i know they're too lazy to go through your stuff even with this option and you're just paying extra for nothing.

⑧ Oversea shipping ¥4,200 <- ok so the international shipping itself is 4.2k, which is still a lot for 5 CDs. i'll definitely email them and ask them to make sure they didn't screw up on this. but i don't live in Europe so i'm not sure if this is the normal rate for shipping to France - maybe others can help..?

the rest of the Charge 2 breakdown looks ok to me.

^1.15KG iirc. (2 are DVD format)...ok then, should be because of that. but still oO

@hiroki: thanks for your feedback experience, I'll not use the check service in the future!

^1.15KG iirc. (2 are DVD format)...ok then, should be because of that. but still oO

@hiroki: thanks for your feedback experience, I'll not use the check service in the future!

i just made a calculation using the info.

the 4,200 yen shipping is because you selected Airmail 'international parcel' - which is very very expensive for small parcels (it's even more expensive than EMS)

in your case you should choose Small Packet Airmail (小形包装物 航空便) which is only 2085 yen. this is a cheaper version of 'international parcel' that's available up till 2kg.

have you made your payment for Charge 2? if not you can still select a different shipping option!

^unfortunately I paid already ToT I saw the small packet but I don't know, I was afraid for my items :/ it was written no tracking number (ok), no insurance if damages or lost etc I was afraid.

For my first order, I've chosen FedEx like an idiot (and I've got custom fees) so this time, I was thinking to choose Air Mail immediately, but I didn't know the difference between these 2 Air Mail.

I tried to avoid custom fees as possible, and for EMS, the amount of being taxed is high. This is why I didn't choose EMS (by fear too).

Nevermind then, too bad for me I wasn't thinking, I'm a n00b.

^unfortunately I paid already ToT I saw the small packet but I don't know, I was afraid for my items :/ it was written no tracking number (ok), no insurance if damages or lost etc I was afraid.

For my first order, I've chosen FedEx like an idiot (and I've got custom fees) so this time, I was thinking to choose Air Mail immediately, but I didn't know the difference between these 2 Air Mail.

I tried to avoid custom fees as possible, and for EMS, the amount of being taxed is high. This is why I didn't choose EMS (by fear too).

next time if you're just buying a few CDs and the total weight is less than 2kg you can consider using the small packet option. there's an option to pay an extra 410 yen to add insurance (in case of damage) as well as tracking. so even with the 410 yen it's still a lot cheaper than the normal 'international parcel'. i'm not so sure about custom fees so i can't help you there, sorry!

anyway don't feel too bad, there are so many shipping options it can be confusing at first XD i remember when i first placed an order with Jishuban they made exactly the same mistake - i asked them to use the small packet SAL and paid them the shipping based on that (total 1,200 yen) and they accidentally selected the international parcel SAL option which was almost 3,000 yen lolol. but they were nice enough to not charge me the difference :D

^thank you very much hiroki for all of those precious informations! I'll be more careful in the future. And yes, it's confusing :(

How does the customs of France work? Here in Finland if your order total + shipping is over 22€, it might get stuck in the customs and you'll have to pay 24% VAT.

BUT informed me, that when you're paying for the shipping (Charge 2), you can change the value of your items! :D I've never paid any VAT after learning that haha and it really saves me a lot of money. I usually set the individual CD price around 100-200 yens with a little variety so that it looks "natural". I tend to buy a lot of used CDs too, so sometimes I don't even need to change the original value haha.

There's one thing you have to consider though: If you change the value of your shipment eg. to 3000 yen and the shipment gets lost, you won't be refunded more than that. So in case your shipments tend to get lost, I don't recommend changing the value of your items.

How does the customs of France work? Here in Finland if your order total + shipping is over 22€, it might get stuck in the customs and you'll have to pay 24% VAT.

BUT informed me, that when you're paying for the shipping (Charge 2), you can change the value of your items! :D I've never paid any VAT after learning that haha and it really saves me a lot of money. I usually set the individual CD price around 100-200 yens with a little variety so that it looks "natural". I tend to buy a lot of used CDs too, so sometimes I don't even need to change the original value haha.

There's one thing you have to consider though: If you change the value of your shipment eg. to 3000 yen and the shipment gets lost, you won't be refunded more than that. So in case your shipments tend to get lost, I don't recommend changing the value of your items.

it's working the same as you, but I've noticed that with CDJ + Air Mail + a reasonable amount (~50€), I don't get custom fees with my orders. This is why I choose Air Mail for the shipment. I saw that I could change the prices but they were already cheap so I haven't changed it (the total order was 41€~ so it'll be written like that on the package, right? not with the shipping costs? Because if not, I'll be screwed for the custom xD

I'm so broke when I get my next check I'm going to be negative and that's 2 weeks from now. ;__;

it's working the same as you, but I've noticed that with CDJ + Air Mail + a reasonable amount (~50€), I don't get custom fees with my orders. This is why I choose Air Mail for the shipment. I saw that I could change the prices but they were already cheap so I haven't changed it (the total order was 41€~ so it'll be written like that on the package, right? not with the shipping costs? Because if not, I'll be screwed for the custom xD

They shouldn't charge the shipping costs over the value on the billing information, at least — that has never happened to me. Recently airmail has been really fast, it took only a week for my most recent parcel to arrive in the Netherlands so I really recommend you consider that option for your next purchase with FromJapan, both to spare your wallet and to have quick delivery. I have ordered dozens and dozens of things from Japan and never has any parcel gotten lost, I've also never chosen tracked shipping willingly (unless I wasn't given any other option), but perhaps postage in my country is just somewhat fortunate. 

You're also incredibly lucky that you haven't been charged custom fees for your purchases over 22€. Since a year or two, all of my parcels with a value higher than this have been caught in sorting and selection. Previously it was completely by chance, but they're a lot more careful lately and every package is charged. I could also say that changing the billing information on FromJapan has been a miracle, because like this I can simply avoid every other fee (like @paradoxal said), and for purchases on CDJapan, I use my friend's address and she'll redo my package before sending it out again. It costs her nothing because CDJapan charges no shipping fees to Japanese addresses.

OMG WHY TF DONT I LIVE IN LA, Kim Soo Hyun sexy sexy sexy sexy sexy ass is going to kcon, and i wanna see him and maybe jump him in the bathroom, and bts is having a consert there ughhh fuck my life! #koreanProblems