zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

Mixed drinks I can tolerate. Beer allows me to savor the flavor in a sense.

doesnt beer taste like shit?

doesnt beer taste like shit?

That, fellow MH'er, is what we like to call surmising.

When you've drank as much as a few of us on here, you see beer as more of an item worth critiquing.

Beer reminds me of the taste of Chinese bitter melon, which is one of the few foods I refuse to eat.

I feel hesitant posting here....

Although I am happy to live in Japan, and I am glad to have been given as many great opportunities as what I have.

Sometimes I want to run back to my home country and live a quiet life.

Usually I go back to my home country in December every year to spend time with friends and family.

But this last December I decided not to for several reasons.

Including there were a few important events I wanted to attend during that time for the sake of growing V STAR PROMOTION.

But just now I was informed about the passing of a dear friend in my home country.

And I can't help but regret that decision.

I wish I could have had one more chat, one more meal, one more hello and goodbye.

I want to succeed with this company, but perhaps many of my discussions will result like this as I continue to prioritise my life....

Beer is an acquired taste, and really after the first few you won't care how it bad it tastes if you get what I mean ;)

but why keep drinking piss? to cool? fit in? shouldnt be "yuck, never again"

Well, found out what drunk me is like (via vodka and goldschlager...), and everyone thinks I'm hysterical (so that's a plus.)

I don't care much for beer other than weird specialty stuff like "Not Your Father's Root Beer".

Spent some time with my new pair of Mad Dogs... The tracks I listen to either sound phenomenal or like absolute garbage (mainly vk shite recordings.)

(Once I get back to my dorm I'll do some comparisons with my ATH-M50s and do a bit of a side-by-side review on the main headphone thread.)

It's pretty much v-shaped, analytical, and in-your-face v. spacious, separated, and "quick" (punchy, responsive bass and crisp but rolled off highs.)

(m50s and dogs respectively)

but why keep drinking piss? to cool? fit in? shouldnt be "yuck, never again"

i think beer is the cheapest way to get drunk? maybe.

Most people see alcohol consumption only as a means to get drunk, beer is the cheapest option to get that done but not the fastest or the tastiest way to do so.

I feel hesitant posting here....

Although I am happy to live in Japan, and I am glad to have been given as many great opportunities as what I have.

Sometimes I want to run back to my home country and live a quiet life.

Usually I go back to my home country in December every year to spend time with friends and family.

But this last December I decided not to for several reasons.

Including there were a few important events I wanted to attend during that time for the sake of growing V STAR PROMOTION.

But just now I was informed about the passing of a dear friend in my home country.

And I can't help but regret that decision.

I wish I could have had one more chat, one more meal, one more hello and goodbye.

I want to succeed with this company, but perhaps many of my discussions will result like this as I continue to prioritise my life....

Oh dude, that sucks. Sorry to hear that.

The only consolation I can give is that you are living my dream and I imagine many others by living in Japan. And having your own business? That's awesome. :)

Not to bash on anyone, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that the few of you who say that beer is terrible either:

• Have never had a beer/ Not old enough to drink
  • Threw up at some point from its consumption
  • Very picky about tastes
  • Drank/Continue to drink generic Lagers (i.e. Bud light, Corona, Budweiser, etc.)
  • Aren't aware of the variety/types of beer out there
  • Just like to bitch/moan about anything

Only exclusion is Peffy, who clearly stated that it reminds her of bitter fruit from her childhood.

Even then I'd still say that there are WAY more beers out there. You guys (who drink alcohol) do realize that there are types of beer out there that are combined with alcohol right (Known as Barrel Aged)? Some even come with Peach, Hibiscus, Strawberry, and so on in the beer.

Quit drinking the wack shit and git gud with beer. Of course I know all this because I come from the city where it all started. :P

i think beer is the cheapest way to get drunk? maybe.

Lol you should see the prices of what I normally drink.

On average, a 6 pack of any standard IPA (India Pale Ale) will range from $13-$18.

Barrel-Aged on the other hand is on average, about $20-$25.

So........not cheap.

Or some of us just finds beer to typically have a one-dimensional flavour profile which doesn't make it worth the money. It can't compete in taste to any spirit with a complex flavour profile such as good cognac, bourbon or scotch. IMO your money is better spent on a nice glass of whiskey. Heck even a cocktail is better than beer. I'd say beer is like the soda pop of the liquor world.

Or some of us just finds beer to typically have a one-dimensional flavour profile which doesn't make it worth the money. It can't compete in taste to any spirit with a complex flavour profile such as good cognac, bourbon or scotch. IMO your money is better spent on a nice glass of whiskey. Heck even a cocktail is better than beer. I'd say beer is like the soda pop of the liquor world.

103wua1.jpg

I hate beer, wine, vodka… I hate all kinds of alcoholic drinks. Don't like the taste of it at all and the burning or warm feeling in my throat reminds me of heartburn. The only things I can tolerate are those soft drinks with little alcohol, because they taste mostly like normal lemonades. 

I don't care of that's lame. My rule is: if I don't like it, then I don't consume it. Also my only drugs are music, drawing and chocolate.

I hate beer, wine, vodka… I hate all kinds of alcoholic drinks. Don't like the taste of it at all and the burning or warm feeling in my throat reminds me of heartburn. The only things I can tolerate are those soft drinks with little alcohol, because they taste mostly like normal lemonades. 

I don't care of that's lame. My rule is: if I don't like it, then I don't consume it. Also my only drugs are music, drawing and chocolate.

I feel exactly the same. Not being considered cultivated if you don't enjoy alcohol? Give me a break — I'd rather keep my body clean of all of this and not poison myself for the sake of fitting in. If it's seen as being prudish or goody-goody, I honestly do not care.