Sign in to follow this  
elvismania

DIR EN GREY new single "DIFFERENT SENSE" + new preview

That sounds so damn bad. How a band can ruin an amazing song like that is beyond me. It really shouldn't be possible to fuck up a song like that, even if you tried to do it. Impressive, though, because not many can ruin a song like that no matter how much they tried to fuck it up and make it bad.

They butchered the riff, both in the tuning and in actually playing it.

I don't enjoyed it.

As ever, i never really into their re-recording stuffs,

especially those that made recently

What have already be gold should have been left that way.

It will not be much more valuable if you keep polishing it,

instead it may lower the price.

That says, i just wish they just quit it.

All theses xxx-core nonsense. :urg:

I really haven't cared for a lot of their rerecordings, but it's not to say I didn't like them. Obscure's rerecording was okay, but the original was a million times better. Felt the same way about Zan. HOWEVER, Shokubeni's rerecording was totally amazing and Hydra -666- was better than the original imho. I really don't care what they decide to rerecord for this single. Maybe Yokan?

All I really hope about this is that it's not like Lotus at all.

Hydra -666- was better than the original imho.

I wouldn't go that far, the original Hydra is so weird, original and awesome compared to the pretty straight-forward -666-, but is that song great live or what? When they played it in Finland in '07, it felt like the whole audience was one, shaking their hands upwards with the "SIX, SIX SIX!" shouts. I mean, it's pure mindblowingness even as a live recording, such as the one(s) where Kyo wears that oni mask.

But yeah, excited about the upcoming tour, this single and its tracklist.

I don't see how people can compare Hydra with Hydra -666- though. It's like two different songs that has got more or less nothing in common. Sounds like they just took the basics off Hydra and made a completely new song, unlike Zan and Shokubeni which are just re-recorded in a bad atempt to make it sound "hard" and "heavy", in which they fail by the way.

That's so stupid - 3 year gap between Uroboros and that new album

What's going on ffs? Couldn't they finally come up with their new sound?

Also, they should make more covers - fanclub gig covers ain't enough.

After such an incredible album, I can see why it's taken them a while to come up with a new sound and a new feel. And they're not restricted by release dates and contracts, so they can really just do what they want whenever they want I guess.

not to mention, they have been getting packed schedule,

always on the road since UROBOROS went out.

Which grants them some advantage in the end, more people outside VK scene, the scene that makes them big, know and familiar about them now. All these never ending tours and interviews by international press makes them even bigger, i suppose.

I guess they would have some little studio or such on their tour bus and making some unmastered new music during tours, and only now they have enough materials, that maybe clicked with what they wish for next album going to sound.

I only wish for them getting to Dome sometimes soon in near future, they deserve it!

I don't see the problem with a band having a three year space between their album. It's pretty normal, y'know? But I can understand the complaining when it goes seven (Dødheimsgard) or ten (Thorns, and still not released) years. Then it gets kinda hard to wait, but three years? Give me a break, please.

Yeah, three years is only unusual in the over-sped-up world of J-pop/rock I guess. I'm actually glad that DIR EN GREY could somehow get out of the loop in terms of the usual "release release release" hype, almost like any Western metal act. No wonder their music still keeps evolving and has surprises even now, unlike some other bands that dry out after 2-3 years...

I don't see the problem with a band having a three year space between their album. It's pretty normal, y'know? But I can understand the complaining when it goes seven (Dødheimsgard) or ten (Thorns, and still not released) years. Then it gets kinda hard to wait, but three years? Give me a break, please.

HAHAHA, I agree. There are some bands that I wish would take 3 years to craft a good album, instead of consecutively releasing crap every year (9mm Parabellum Bullter springs to mind).

But yeah, to stay on topic - I can't really add anything to this discussion other than the fact that I'm interested in what this single will sound like. I'm much too casual a Dir en Grey fan to get involved with all the analytics and whatnot. ^^;;

I certainly hope they do NOT remaster Yokan. I have a feeling they would completely butcher the orgininal

HAHAHA, I agree. There are some bands that I wish would take 3 years to craft a good album, instead of consecutively releasing crap every year (9mm Parabellum Bullter springs to mind).

LOL, I thought of them immediately halfway through that sentence. Didn't even have to finish it.

But yea, no need to churn out an album every year, unless you're bursting with new ideas. And no one is after more than a decade of making music.

I hope it takes at least one or two more years before they release the next album. Lotus was boring. Hageshisa was great but was missing something. I don't know what to expect from this new single.

idk, maybe will be wise to expect for the worst than the best?

either way, they usually will makes peoples shitting brick with everything they do :lol:

I'm actually quite shocked - I prefer 9mm's new sound over their older stuff. Revolutionary is leaps and bounds better than VAMPIRE, and likewise, better than a majority of their older stuff. Though, this isn't a 9mm thread, so I'll leave it at that.

On an actually related note;

Am I the only one who prefers, pretty much unilaterally, the re-recordings/self-covers over the originals? I know alot of people here prefer old DEG over the newer more death metal inspired, but then again, how many here actually listen to metalcore/deathcore/hardcore that often?

In my opinion they can't surpass level of awesomeness, set by kisou and vulgar, and I hated their recent self-covers.

hydra-666- was awesome, zan was okay.

their gauze/macabre era staff could be better, if recorded with their current skills, but not necessary with their current sound direction.

I know alot of people here prefer old DEG over the newer more death metal inspired, but then again, how many here actually listen to metalcore/deathcore/hardcore that often?

i honestly feel it's the other way around.

one wouldn't live without getting named as a weeaboo all over the place for confessing

their desire to old style of some bands that are going hardcore.

also, with hardcore bands like ROACH, CROSSFAITH and the like invading this board

and getting favorable feedback, i suppose there is so many today's kids that really into it these days, since that might be the today's sounds for teens to look badass as is Nu Metal in the end of 90s and Emo in the early 2K.

Dir en grey have never had anything to do with Death Metal, and their new music isn't Death Metal inspiured at all. And I love old school Hardcore, the real deal, when Hardcore had balls, but hate Deathcore and Metalcore with all of my heart.

But do people really belive that bands such as Crossfaith are Hardcore? Wat? Srsly, gais?

Don't have a problem understanding that those kind of bands are getting lots of attention, though, even though I don't like it myself.

I'm actually quite shocked - I prefer 9mm's new sound over their older stuff. Revolutionary is leaps and bounds better than VAMPIRE, and likewise, better than a majority of their older stuff. Though, this isn't a 9mm thread, so I'll leave it at that.

On an actually related note;

Am I the only one who prefers, pretty much unilaterally, the re-recordings/self-covers over the originals? I know alot of people here prefer old DEG over the newer more death metal inspired, but then again, how many here actually listen to metalcore/deathcore/hardcore that often?

Apart from the new Obscure (I just love the original) I think most of the reworked versions are better than the original. But yeah, I'm king of a metalcore/hardcore/deathcore mix lover (If it's done right) :P So maybe that's the reason.

I don't like the new Japanese bands like Crossfaith and others though. There's something about their sound (and their screams) that irritates me.

Well...there is a big difference between Crossfaiths and ROACH's sound, compared to Dir en grey's.

Compare Hageshisa to, or the new ZAN, compared to ROACH's "For You, I Will" or Crossfaiths "Stars Faded in Slow Motion" and you will see a vast difference. They're vastly different bands within the VAST "metal" genre that do their own thing. Not all metal is the same, and even in core genres, you will rarely find identical bands.

The thing is with Dir en grey, is that there's been this VERY SMALL (in contrast to their current fanbase) backlash that they don't make music like they used to -- and then there's the loyalist fans that love them even now despite their darker, metal approach. Most of these people HATE metalcore, deathcore, etc. but like Dir en grey solely on the fact that they are their FAV BAND!

I just pretty much listen to them because they have been around for a while. Like how I keep tabs on The GazettE and basically all other Jrock bands just solely because I use to be a giant fan. Dir en Grey never sticks to the same thing and are always changing so it makes it interesting to stay interested in them. The GazettE however gets more boring as it goes on and I don't even really keep up with what they're doing. I don't care how well a band can make or write music as long as they keep things interesting. If they can do that, then it doesn't really matter what music they put out. As long as things don't get repetitive and boring a band is worth being a fan of. It's not even being loyal or anything. I don't care about the members of dir en grey individually. I just care about what they do. I could give a fuck what Kyo does to his hair or what they do when they aren't making music. People that get ridiculously into who they are annoy me. The music is what matters. Bands that do the same thing over and over aren't worth my time. People can bitch all they want about their change in music style and departure from visual kei but Dir en Grey still puts out interesting music. I mean, VK music is all about caring about what doesn't matter. Looks, label, etc. So I'm not surprised when people bitch about these things. /end rant

Sign in to follow this