Sign in to follow this  
elvismania

DIR EN GREY new single "DIFFERENT SENSE" + new preview

omg growling i hate deg so much they are so unoriginal and gotta cut the metalcore american crap

"has heavy growly parts than a beautiful acoustic section. then there is a twin guitar solo and some slapping by kaoru" -very rough paraphrase-

sorry if this sounds so fanboyish, but it's just me.

All i can think about after reading these is 鴉 -karasu- :P

though i know this may only be my fantasy.

and another comment is, i hope they don't butcher Zakuro on that gig :|

LOL the twitter crew must be stuck in some time warp. Release date's been out since almost a month.

I hope we'll get a tracklist in a few weeks' time! :) (and maybe an album release date too?)

I'm guessing an album release date... Aug/Sep.

Think about it... there's already 3 singles for the new album. Hageshisa, Lotus and Different Sense.

In Uroboros case, there were 2 singles. Dozing Green and Glass Skin.

Glass Skin was released 2 months prior to Uroboros release date.

Maybe it's just hopeful thinking. :]

i do hope so with the next hints.

Maybe they will eventually given out cover art,

tracklist and song meanings with these hints?

Or is this just too hopeful?

The band has also finished recording their new album. What's left is for it to be mixed -- something they could let someone else do (i.e. Jens Bogren) while they tour and take time off.

Think about it: If they were still working on the album, they would not be touring. This touring is a break in the work while they wait for it to be mixed and mastered.

That's just my guess.

I believe at least Kaoru would want to take part with the mastering though.

He always were involved with DeG sounds since the day one.

Perhaps the albums is already made by the EU tour starts.

And usually album will already out when they start or in the middle of U.S tour

The band producses their music (and for a while they had people they closely knew in the japanese music industry to master / mix their music), but lately they've been having other people to master / mix their music that are more world reknowned for their skills. Jens mastered Hageshisa to, Tue Madsen is mastering / mixing DIFFERENT SENSE, and then that random killswitch engage guy mastered / mixed Lotus.

Oh and some other random guy mastered / mixed Warushawa no Gensou

I feel like the band finally realized that there are better engineers out there, so they've been employing all these different producers to mix their singles to see who does the best job.

^ I must note that I love the sound quality of some of their new songs, so I hope they'll hire someone top-notch for the new album too. This crisp yet powerful sound style is better suited to their current direction of music.

(and I suspect I might be in a minority with MARROW OF A BONE being one of my fave albums of theirs, but I sometimes imagine just how much more BADASS it would sound if that guy mixed it who did Hageshisa... ...or even re-mixing/mastering UROBOROS, that would be godly)

(and I suspect I might be in a minority with MARROW OF A BONE being one of my fave albums of theirs, but I sometimes imagine just how much more BADASS it would sound if that guy mixed it who did Hageshisa... ...or even re-mixing/mastering UROBOROS, that would be godly)

^this, "exclamation mark"² (even if i might prefer the warasu guy, that track is just frightenly awesome (although this might be a little bit the result of the drop e guitar tuning...)

^this, "exclamation mark"² (even if i might prefer the warasu guy, that track is just frightenly awesome (although this might be a little bit the result of the drop e guitar tuning...)

As far as I can remember, it was actually the 7-string A tuning (same like LOTUS?) with pitch shifting (?) - despite the fact that they have reached the low E in that song, but pitch changer solves all the problems :spin:

Also, I think MOAB is becoming one of my fav albums as well - I kinda tried to evade the tracks like "THE DEEPER VILENESS" in the first place, but now it's one of my fav tracks by them :gaga: The only DEG album that I don't like that much is Missa...even though it had gems in it like GARDEN or Aoi Tsuki :(

They should remaster "Gaika..." btw, that song sounds so messy (especially during the verse parts when both kyo's growls and Toshiya's bass start to drown under the guitar distortion...and Shinya's noisy drums (à la St. Anger feat. Lars Ulrich's scrapyard snare drums))

The tuning for Hageshisa to was done with a six string...and it was drop C# with the 6th string tuned all the way down to A# -- so it was a weird variation of drop A#

I agree with you Jigsaw! Marrow of a Bone is great, and I can only imagine how much greater it would have been if Jens had mixed it. The band sent Jens a track to mix before they commited to using him as the engineer for Hageshisa, and the song they had him re-mix was VINUSHKA! Now just picture Vinushka sounding like hageshisa to....omggggggggg xD!

who says MOAB is hated though? :s

that maybe just some fans that weren't ready for changes,

at that time, we all knew the transition between the sound in WTD to MOAB were quite rough.

from The Final to ASOM, even Saku isn't as hard as ASOM, so yeah that my guessing.

were so totally different, some ears just not ready for it, i suppose.

But they'll eventually get into it, hence UROBOROS was welcomed well.

As ever, there will always people who can easily get into an album

and those who can't.

Agitated Screams of Maggots still stands as one of my favorite DEG songs of all time!

When I first heard it, I hated it. I was like "they are all screamo nowww MEEHHHH". but then I really listened to it and now I absolutely love it! How can you NOT love this?!

How about ASOM -unplugged ver.- (a.k.a. "Kyo's secret toilet moment tapes") then? :mrgreen:

+ They had quite unique tuning in Gyakujou tannou blaahblaah song as well (no, its not standard C# tuning)

So I was reading some fan reactions to DIFFERENT SENSE, and one person said that it sounds somewhat like this song but with more melody, an acoustic outro, and more "all over the place"

Not even kidding...this person seriously said it sounds like this:

EDIT: This is the link. I accidentally posted a link to a random vid so here it is. Link is on other page as well

inb4 shitstorm

Sign in to follow this