Sign in to follow this  
elvismania

DIR EN GREY new single "DIFFERENT SENSE" + new preview

Btw I think apocalyptica should release a new version of Bring them to light-whatever it was with Kyo

I liked gojira singer's version somehow but his voice was almost monotonous there, meeeh.

(and this is coming from a long-time Gojira fan - just an opinion)

^ truth. kyo killed it. in a good way.

also, samples of single. now. they are late with the sample-up'ing.

I'm thinking the sample will be at two or three weeks prior to single release for DEG, since they just made their album announcement. I don't think they've put out cover art for DIFFERENT SENSE yet either.

what is this 16 secs of tease :lol:

sounds good for from what i hear though.

Good cover art, too. That's a man's ass right?

As ever, i guess there is some breakdown after that. :idea:

I actually think that's a man's upper body and a woman's ass.

I notice the weird lumps on his/her coccyx (tail bone) area

Wonder what that is. Perhaps some PS'ed?

The cover looks shitty and the previews sounds really shitty. Oh well, it's Dir en grey. What's new?

Well, this deterrmines that Hageshisato is a once off type of song. So I guess the rest of the album will be intricate. I'm cool with that. Their progressive compositions are much more interesting than standalone metal singles.

Though I'd prefer a Glass Skin type single to deathcore influenced metalcore, if we have to have any.

Let's hope the rest of the songs have more melody throughout, rather than isolated in the choruses like they're trying to be catchy.

EDIT: yeah, my problem is that Hageshisato is obviously a song intended to be heard as a single, and I was judging the whole album to be exactly like that. Now that I think about it, only LOTUS's structure is like that, so if the album is going to be experimental, it;'s not going to reflect the singles. Glass Skin is certainly not a summary of Uroboros.

I forget not all bands are as blatantly predictable as Korn or Slipknot.

My first impression of the preview - wow..

Repeated it and I get the same feeling.

Its unlike anything I've heard before. I absolutely love it. Can't wait for the full version.

Sign in to follow this