Sign in to follow this  
elvismania

DIR EN GREY new single "DIFFERENT SENSE" + new preview

What's the second track? 罪????制? What's that?

What's the second track? 罪と規制? What's that?

That's Tsumi to kisei, which is basically a reworked/rearranged/rerecorded version of Tsumi to batsu.

Aha, that's true. I completely forgot about that.

There is no intro like EVERY OTHER deg song.

What do you mean?

I was maybe thinking the song just starts with Kyo garbling and chugging guitars.

There is no intro like EVERY OTHER deg song.

What do you mean?

The song just starts. There's no opening intro like with every other dir en grey song. The song just opens up heavy-hitting. I just heard the beginning and it's madness. Sure there's chugging, in fact this is the closest DEG has ever come to some sort of "TRUE METAL SOUNDDZZZ" (which is nice to hear), but it's not just chugging, there's layered guitar work and some cool vocals. It really is all over the place. Their guitar sound in this track sounds a lot like Slipknot's off of All Hope Is Gone. And I don't mean the guitar work, I just mean the overall production sound of the guitars. That deep crunch which just sounds badass.

But of course that's not all the song is. It is so much more than that

Their guitar sound in this track sounds a lot like Slipknot's off of All Hope Is Gone. And I don't mean the guitar work, I just mean the overall production sound of the guitars. That deep crunch which just sounds badass.

If all the album will have that sound/mixing style (kinda like the clean but wholesome-sounding Hageshisa...), then I'll be happy as can be. Finally, something with a punch! :)

I hope it does too! That punch is something that has been missing from DEGs recent work. Hageshisa had punch...DIFFERENT SENSE does too, mostly because they're finally starting to work with the best engineers in the business.

@Furik: Hmm...sort of not really. It's not as fast paced as both of those songs, the beginning has a lot more chugging and drum fills from the sounds of it. It's not like anything that the band has done before, they're in a completely different realm making completely different music. It's very hard to describe.

I hope it does too! That punch is something that has been missing from DEGs recent work. Hageshisa had punch...DIFFERENT SENSE does too, mostly because they're finally starting to work with the best engineers in the business.

@Furik: Hmm...sort of not really. It's not as fast paced as both of those songs, the beginning has a lot more chugging and drum fills from the sounds of it. It's not like anything that the band has done before, they're in a completely different realm making completely different music. It's very hard to describe.

How the heck do you know that?

Sources?

I am merely confused right now

+ Lemme ask: is Lotus -album version- somehow different from it's single version?

that`s O.K. :(

but i need to know about tsumi to batsu remakes,

if relentless really listened to it already :P

i care about that one song too, after the title song.

I've just heard DIFFERENT SENSE. It's been being played on Japanese radio for sometime now, just no one has really noticed it lol. Tsumi to Kisei still remains a mystery to me.

I sense that Relentless is a swedish Dir en grey fan. Yes/yes?

Quite off topic, but still. Am I right or what?

No, my descriptions were of when I heard the song earlier today.

Source or it didn't happen

There are more rumours than facts that concern DEG.

Sign in to follow this