Sign in to follow this  
elvismania

DIR EN GREY new single "DIFFERENT SENSE" + new preview

the growls are actually great. Kyo's wet gutturals are some of the strongest I've heard in metal in all honesty. 2008-2009 they sucked and were absolutely terrible. Now? Great, but still not the greatest. As a vocalist I have always been extremely jealous of Kyos gutturals...I could never get my growls that low.

I completely agree with you. I'm not that much of a harsh vocalist, but his growls sound anything but weak - there are definitely better vocalists in that style out there, but to me his growls sound really intense and don't lack power at all. Didn't expect that his technique would go from horrible to very good (He's using his false chords, isn't he?).

Guess it's still a matter of perception though.

Anyway, I like the samples, I'm now really looking forward to Dum Spiro Spero since I also liked Hageshisa. Hope there will be some melodic songs where Kyo doesn't overestimate his range though, Lotus really bothered me.

thats what I expected from DS : |

but TtK:

mosh mosh mosh mosh slooow heaadbaaang :headbang::headbang: (we need a slo-mo headbang smiley here)

Neat! I don't get cheesey's comment at all since they've made growls like these for yeears since first uroboros lives hehe (but nowadays his growls are equal to professional ones)

Red soil didn't impress me though - engrish is weak.

the growls are actually great. Kyo's wet gutturals are some of the strongest I've heard in metal in all honesty. 2008-2009 they sucked and were absolutely terrible. Now? Great, but still not the greatest. As a vocalist I have always been extremely jealous of Kyos gutturals...I could never get my growls that low.

I completely agree with you. I'm not that much of a harsh vocalist, but his growls sound anything but weak - there are definitely better vocalists in that style out there, but to me his growls sound really intense and don't lack power at all. Didn't expect that his technique would go from horrible to very good (He's using his false chords, isn't he?).

I mean, his growls have improved tremendously since "Withering to death."

this is shaping up to be a magnificent release (single and therefore album perhaps aswell). since i was absoluteley was blown away by warasu i obviously dig the impression that TtK is giving... can't wait for the live in august, gonna be epic.

(and for the live thing, at least in this short sample i can't help noticing that kyo doesn't suck as much as usually live when it comes to actually hitting clean notes, perhaps he improved here aswell :P )

I mean, his growls have improved tremendously since "Withering to death."

xD It's very fun to listen to this new DS sample, and then listen to a song like garbage or even the first obscure. BIIGGGGGGG difference

I don't think his WTD screams were bad.. they were just a different style.

I'm really put off by those amazon samples. But they always seem to pick the worst part of a song to sample.

Kyo's growling is great and all, but there just doesn't seem to be anything else going on there. No idea how this sample and the other two will fit together. The structure is sounding more like hageshisa as we go.

I love the way the band is takin'

I love that they're doing whatever the f**k they want

I love that they're not the usual band from Japan

I love that they're getting less commercial with this sound

and Finally, I love how this band causes so much shitstorm/controversy and they don't give a f**k.

and Finally, I love how this band causes so much shitstorm/controversy and they don't give a f**k.

You're the man or the girl xD

This. :mrgreen: New sample sounds awesome to me. ^^

Tsumi to Kisei seems cool, but I really like how every sample of Different Sense so far sounds like it's from a different song.

pretty repetitive, guitar and drums is not bad though.

i like Kyo vocal, hope he didn't messed up his cord cos of that.

To be honest, this is like ASOM part 2 for me. Sorry to say.

interesting, not mind blowing.

didn't really like the growls at all.

though it was only my first listen.

at least it gives me hope for the album, that the previous singles took away.

Sign in to follow this