Sign in to follow this  
elvismania

DIR EN GREY new single "DIFFERENT SENSE" + new preview

Another thought that also occurred to me: before they released Uroboros they had both Dozing Green and Glass Skin and I thought both of those singles were pretty poor. Well, I can't say they were poor: I can just say that I wasn't very fond of them, especially Glass Skin. I still don't like that song all that much. Then Uroboros came and creamed all over me with it's proggy awesomeness, which is something I totally would not have expected. I think something similar will come of this album.

One of the reasons why I like all of Dir en grey's full-lengths much more than I reasonably should is because the singles tend to suck and don't build my expectations up to a point they can't surpass. Then the album comes along and blows me away. The only time it hasn't done that for me is with TMOAB. Even Kisou didn't let me down and I HATED Jessica the first time I heard it.

Dir en Grey is an album band. Not a singles band. That's why they don't have b-sides anymore.

i don't think that is the reason, they may just not have enough time.

That probably why they reckon it's pointless to have new song as B-sides now.

They would just like it to record it for the album than the single instead,

probably easier to just reinvent/remixing/re-recording their old stuffs given

the short time for recording single,

though they may have already did some jam session for getting the idea

for their re-recording stuffs way before they brought it live and immortalized it in a record.

When they were VK, they haven't touring abroad as much and as often as they did now.

So they could do something like Fukai, or even some EP like Six Ugly and shit.

But right now, a new song as B-Side or an EP seems too much for them, probably.

But maybe they can change their mind in the future.

Nothing is really fixed, since people changes all the time.

I doubt the announcement will come late summer as much as the release itself. The band has set up a tour around that time, and plan on doing full lengths in the US and Japan as well. It's a promotion tour, and a band would not tour the world to promote a single. We'll get an album in August the latest.

That might not be the case. Many bands tour new material before its officially released.

I'm gonna bet a September release date.

would be great to have some rocking album around Fall/Winter that ever so gloomy.

could cheer us up a bit at least xD

I actually would rather the album come out mid summer, so I can drive around with my windows down blasting it, but that probably won't happen, as long as the album comes out before October. I don't want to have to wait too long.

also, I would love a preview of this song, I feel like we've been talking about this for a long time haha.

That might not be the case. Many bands tour new material before its officially released.

Well the band specifically said summer, so that's what I'm going off of. And Dir en grey has never been known to follow traditional practices. There's really only one or two cases where a band played songs before their release (unless the tour was to build support for the album. i.e. The Rose Trims Again). I remember Dir en grey playing STUCK MAN (then called Third Time Does the Trick) practically a year before UROBOROS, but that's all I've really heard of.

I actually would rather the album come out mid summer, so I can drive around with my windows down blasting it

PIMP MAH CARS!

Well the band specifically said summer, so that's what I'm going off of. And Dir en grey has never been known to follow traditional practices. There's really only one or two cases where a band played songs before their release (unless the tour was to build support for the album. i.e. The Rose Trims Again). I remember Dir en grey playing STUCK MAN (then called Third Time Does the Trick) practically a year before UROBOROS, but that's all I've really heard of.

I believe they played a lot of VULGUR before its release as well.

like half of MOAB was played before it came out too i dont see the issues

I actually would rather the album come out mid summer, so I can drive around with my windows down blasting it

PIMP MAH CARS!

If you saw my car, you would know why what you just said is the funniest damn thing ever.

PIMP MAH CARS!

If you saw my car, you would know why what you just said is the funniest damn thing ever.

Now I get the feeling that your car is one that falls half apart. Somehow I am curious for a picture of it now :lol:

Nice ride!

Lol ol' Bertha got me to the Deg show in Philadelphia last August, so I GUESS I can't complain. Even though it's the worst car ever. Currently Mufflerless.

Anyway, we should get this back on topic.

Maybe.

I'm contemplating splitting this topic into the Dir en grey artist topic just because most of it would fit there.

Nice ride!

Lol ol' Bertha got me to the Deg show in Philadelphia last August, so I GUESS I can't complain. Even though it's the worst car ever. Currently Mufflerless.

Maybe.

It has a name! AWESOME. Love the car though xD

Nice ride!

Maybe.

It has a name! AWESOME. Love the car though xD

Haha Thanks buddy!

actually not only the car, the driver is gorgeous too :P

and, back to topic.

since June is come approaching,

maybe the cover art will be released by the first week of June?

Hm, excited for that too, usually they have some interesting one :)

Actually, I've got a feeling that everything (bandpic, cd cover and tracklist) will be revealed on May 22 since it will be a whole month left til the single release, and 2 weeks before the release date, they're revealing something about the new album :3

@Chianti:

But anyway,

That'd be nice to see cover art and tracklist by next sunday. I think I could live with that, although samples would be better.

By the way, does anyone know if Diru still has their twitter? I haven't noticed until recently but I completly stopped getting my mobile updates from them...

Sign in to follow this