Sign in to follow this  
elvismania

DIR EN GREY new single "DIFFERENT SENSE" + new preview

o「i just wanna start some commotion?? ♩ ♪ ♫ ♪〜 (´ε` )

from their myspace

Genre: Experimental / Rock / Visual

Location Tokyo, United States

lol visual , they should have write ex.visual xD

my opinion dammit 98329515913 genres

at the end they are all metal, they are all rock

For those who expect the tracklist to contain a new song as B-side, you'll get disappointed.

DIR EN GREY has officially said that they no longer see any point in releasing new songs as B-sides on singles. I guess we can expect an unplugged or remake version of their older songs.

Also, if they will follow the "LOTUS" announcement-schedule, the "DIFFERENT SENSE" tracklist will be announced this Friday.

Tracklisting before album cover? Hmm.

It's a shame they won't release a new song as a b-side anymore. I guess they don't need to since they know they can cash in on live tracks. Ugh.

I kind of like them doing the remakes as b-sides though with the recent singles.

As long as there won't be any unplugged or live tracks.

Dir en grey seems to be all about presenting "FUTURE!" representations of themselves, so my bet is on a dressed up, heavier, remake of Rasetsukoku. They've been playing it a lot lately (especially overseas).

And I actually like how they remake tracks for their b-sides, because I hate their original b-sides. Everyone loves fukai but i think it's boring, along with soo many others.

Dir en grey seems to be all about presenting "FUTURE!" representations of themselves, so my bet is on a dressed up, heavier, remake of Rasetsukoku. They've been playing it a lot lately (especially overseas).

Definitely, this.

I also don't mind the B-sides as being remakes. They've hardly ever released "new" songs as B-sides anyway and they used to have really shitty remixes instead. Even if some of them are hit and miss, it's still a step up from what we used to get.

I hate all Dir en grey threads here -_-

But as far as opinions go, I don't even really see a huge point in releasing new songs as B-Sides anyway. I usually end up disappointed anyway because certain artists always end up releasing those B-Sides on the album anyway. So, it ends up taking away from the newness of the album. The benefit of buying singles SHOULD be rerecorded old songs or unplugged versions of prereleased songs as far as JRock artists go. At least in my opinion.

And @ the whole genre conversation goes, I do not see why it is such a big deal. The broadest genre they fit into is rock, so if you're like me, you just tag them as "JRock" on your iTunes. I have my "Rock" separated from my "JRock" and my "Pop" which I don't break down by language, as I have several different languages on there. Genre really should not be so important and cause so many arguments...

Anything DIR EN GREY related is shitstorm.

you can't be serious about it because all the hating and trolls.

Guess it's because they're not really all that popular amongst the VK / Jrock fandom anymore. and this board is primarily those, so it's only natural people hate on them.

I don't mind either way, a lot of the stuff people say is kinda funny so I don't mind. At least there's no Dir en grey fanboys here...dear god if only.

^ I'm sorry relentless but I couldn't contain my laughter. You missed will by a few months. I don't think you two would have gotten along very well...

Tracklisting before album cover? Hmm.

Well, I'm only assuming things here. LOTUS announcement was 25 Nov, and the tracklist came 1 Dec. Album cover+bandpic revealed 25 Dec (1 month later) so yeah, maybe they're doing the same thing with this single.

I don't understand people who claim dir en grey is now not metal - um, have you listened to their music? The metal genre is very wide, its not limited to death/black/thrash/elitistasshole metal. Get your heads out of the ground.

No matter how much people hate on this band - they're still relevant, and probably still the most exciting band in the j-rock scene. Douche-y fans doesn't change that.

There is a pattern with their rerecorded B sides ever since Dozing Green. Now all they're missing are the Missa, Six Ugly (excluding Children & Byo shin since they've already been rerecorded) , WTD and TMOAB eras, IF they intend to do that.

Hydra 666 (Macabre era)

Undecided (Kisou era)

Zan (Gauze era)

Obscure (Vulgar era)

sorry for continue this stupid subject but have to say

most new dir en grey fans do exactly the same as metal guys.they are very similar!! they are jrock fans who think kyo is god

and usually don't like anything that doesn't look nagoya in visual kei.Same attitude.

of course they are exceptions!!

i don't think though metal fans have a problem with dir en grey because they are not trendy enough to bother them. i don't think they care.but of course it's going to be hard to make them listen to them and maybe just because of the looks.

and i think dir en grey target maybe is more nu metal /alternative metal fans who would like them anyway probably.

There is a pattern with their rerecorded B sides ever since Dozing Green. Now all they're missing are the Missa, Six Ugly (excluding Children & Byo shin since they've already been rerecorded) , WTD and TMOAB eras, IF they intend to do that.

Hydra 666 (Macabre era)

Undecided (Kisou era)

Zan (Gauze era)

Obscure (Vulgar era)

So... a re-recorded "The Final"? :hyper:

That'll make peoples heads spin.

I think they might re-record Jealous, it would fit Kyo's operesque tricks quite fine, and Fukai also has some re-recording potential

(it would be butchered by their current style, though)

> So... a re-recorded "The Final"?

oh noes

THE FINAL is the most overvalued song of the history of japanese rock.

Its best song of the history of japanese rock.

There's not too much they can re-record on Missa but if they went with a re-recording of Ugly I think I'll be pleased.

Anything of Six Ugly would be AWESOME re-recorded. Ugly, Hades, Mr.Newsman, mmmm.

Kigan re-recording please

+ unplugged session dvd would be nice - acoustic versions of higeki blaahblaah and undecided in ROSE TRIMS AGAIN dvd were just PURE AWSUM. :)

Anything of Six Ugly would be AWESOME re-recorded.

as long as not Byo Shin And Children, both have been re recorded.

Esp. Children, have been 3 times and having different sounds each,

though not as radical as current re-recording.

If any, re-record jessica, berry or [kr cube] please.

make this punk pop song into something harder!

These are some really old songs (1998 - 2003) used in their recent setlists (hope it's accurate):

(The Unwavering Fact Of Tomorrow, Japan, 2011)

Gauze - mazohyst of decadence

Macabre - deity, Rasetsukoku

Ain't Afraid to Die

Kisou - KARASU

(The Unwavering Fact Of Tomorrow, Japan, 2010)

Kaede: If Trans... - Karma

Jealous - Unknown... Despair... a Lost

Gauze - 304 GOUSHITSU, HAKUSHI NO SAKURA

Macabre - Wake, Myaku, Hotarubi

Kisou - GYAKUJOU TANNOU KELOID MILK, Shinsou (over PA), mushi, embryo

Six Ugly - Mr Newsman, Byou Shin

Vulgar - Drain Away, Shokubeni, New Age Culture, Sajou no Uta, Kasumi, Child Prey, THE IIID EMPIRE

Kasumi - Fukai

Some of this just shocks me, if you click on the song name, it shows you when it was played last and if you go right down to the bottom - it tells you some of the songs they've covered but again accuracy is the question.

These are some really old songs (1998 - 2003) used in their recent setlists (hope it's accurate):

(The Unwavering Fact Of Tomorrow, Japan, 2011)

Gauze - mazohyst of decadence

Macabre - Rasetsukoku

Ain't Afraid to Die

Kisou - KARASU

(The Unwavering Fact Of Tomorrow, Japan, 2010)

Gauze - 304 GOUSHITSU, HAKUSHI NO SAKURA

Macabre - Wake, Myaku

Kisou - GYAKUJOU TANNOU KELOID MILK, Shinsou (over PA), mushi, embryo

Vulgar - Drain Away, New Age Culture, Kasumi

Kasumi - Fukai

Uhm, fucking yes for all of these.

Sign in to follow this