Sign in to follow this  
elvismania

DIR EN GREY new single "DIFFERENT SENSE" + new preview

When Dir en grey released GLASS SKIN, it came out 2 months before UROBOROS. They may be following the same format this time as well.

I think CD Japan (or some other site) said that there are "ferocious screams". Interesting...

Oh also: I'm expecting it to be a metalcore / deathcore - inspired track for two reasons:

1. Shinya stated he was going to be using a lot more double-bass

2. they're being billed as a metalcore act now >_>

Who knows!

When Dir en grey released GLASS SKIN, it came out 2 months before UROBOROS. They may be following the same format this time as well.

I think CD Japan (or some other site) said that there are "ferocious screams". Interesting...

there's a short Japanese description on cdjapan:

今作も海外エンジニアを起用????LOW??ューニング??ヘヴィ??サウンドを基調??様々??リズムやテン????アコースティックギター??リフや??ードコア??サウンド??メロディアスを混在?????????者を未????空間????誘??。中??も??より??猛??を増????京??グロウル??メロディ??スクリームを交錯????独自??世界観を表????る京??ヴォーカリゼーション??圧巻。

google translate powers:

LOW rhythm and tempo sound with various tones of heavy tune, a mixture of sounds and melodic acoustic guitar riffs and hardcore, and invites the listener to unexplored space. In particular, increased the fierce growl from Kyoto, Kyoto Vokarizeshon to express their own view of the world will be a mixture of melody and screams masterpiece.

@ precious kitty

u no funny

Like I'll pls

praying this'll be their last release too

I used to like you.

mcfaya.jpg

there's a short Japanese description on cdjapan:

今作も海外エンジニアを起用し、LOWチューニングのヘヴィなサウンドを基調に様々なリズムやテンポ、アコースティックギターのリフやハードコアなサウンドとメロディアスを混在させ、聴く者を未踏の空間へと誘う。中でも、より獰猛さを増した京のグロウル、メロディとスクリームを交錯させ独自の世界観を表現する京のヴォーカリゼーションは圧巻。

google translate powers:

LOW rhythm and tempo sound with various tones of heavy tune, a mixture of sounds and melodic acoustic guitar riffs and hardcore, and invites the listener to unexplored space. In particular, increased the fierce growl from Kyoto, Kyoto Vokarizeshon to express their own view of the world will be a mixture of melody and screams masterpiece.

I linked the English translation (English version OHP, lol) on the first page. xD

An ultimate and unusual sense that pulls you into an unexplored world

Boldness and sensitivity. Complex but straightforward. It leads you into an untrodden, chaotic terrain with a wild mixture of hard core sounds with unique melody, and drastically changing scenes. Prior to the launch of their nearly-finished original album, DIR EN GREY is now ready to release a ferocious and stimulating single, following "UROBOROS".

So I guess it'll be kinda aggressive, or at least energetic.

Oh also: I'm expecting it to be a metalcore / deathcore - inspired track for two reasons:

1. Shinya stated he was going to be using a lot more double-bass!

Further proof includes the first part of the "Shinya interview" where he states that the new album is going to be "chaos". So, assuming this single will be a part of the new album..

^ yes! I read that too!

I think Toshiya or Die also said something about how the new album is going to sound nothing like LOTUS. So I'm guessing how DIFFERENT SENSE sounds, is essentially what the new album is going to sound like. I'm soo excited!

Oh can you people please quit with the fail genres? Here's to hoping it will sound like nothing in particular. Kind of like everything else I listen to.

Or like Ling tosite sigure.

j/k!

the new album is going to sound nothing like LOTUS.

Aaaaaaand there goes my hopes for something good.

@ precious kitty

u no funny

He/she sounds exactly like you in almost every thread. Where's your lolling now?

yeah but at least pk is iin the skans s-box group

btw, when are they ever going to disband? plzzz

Or like Ling tosite sigure.

j/k!

LMAO....I can't even imagine....

and LMAO at all the haters.

At any rate, I'm gonna check this single out - could be good, could be bad.

An ultimate and unusual sense that pulls you into an unexplored world

Boldness and sensitivity. Complex but straightforward. It leads you into an untrodden, chaotic terrain with a wild mixture of hard core sounds with unique melody, and drastically changing scenes. Prior to the launch of their nearly-finished original album, DIR EN GREY is now ready to release a ferocious and stimulating single, following "UROBOROS".

Translation: Incredibly dull and without any soul

am i doing it rite?

am i doing it rite?

aww...Cibicco-san, not you too! I thought you were above trolling =/

Hopefully it's less Hageshisa to and more Lotus.

fix'd. Will be looking forward to this single!

He/she sounds exactly like you in almost every thread. Where's your lolling now?

u no witty either

am i doing it rite?

This, coming from a fan of Gackt (GACKT, FFS), actually made my day

I see, we reached the "You are a fan of XXX, LOL" stage already. A+ maturity level, folks! Then again, I have come to expect nothing less from DeG and Gazette threads.

So, can we have some actual discussion here, or do I have to flash some mod powers?

Sign in to follow this