Sign in to follow this  
elvismania

DIR EN GREY new single "DIFFERENT SENSE" + new preview

O God this topic! PUTAIN JE MEURS! :lol:

seriously, u see DeG rollin' u hatin'

But despite the hate,

most of you will check out their new shit in the end, bash it.

i did that too to some other bands soemtimes. *smug.gif*

on topic, this Summer will be so good. :dansu:

O God this topic! PUTAIN JE MEURS! :lol:

seriously, u see DeG rollin' u hatin'

But despite the hate,

most of you will check out their new shit in the end, bash it.

i did that too to some other bands soemtimes. *smug.gif*

on topic, this Summer will be so good. :dansu:

THIS. :D

personally I don't care about what kind of music this will be....as long as it sounds good :D

This. :)

personally I don't care about what kind of music this will be....as long as it sounds good :D

Yes. If they could somehow make Deathcore listenable, good for them. Probably won't though and that's what the next album will be like and i'm sure of that. Over produced pop-metal songs that have the same structure, the same studio-efx'd choruses and the same chugging with slight alternations. If Lotus was the "tamest" song on the album, then god help us all.

Also three singles for one album? Straight up retarded. A new level of pointless when there are no new songs as B-sides and all the effort gone into the possible remake could be directed towards the new album so we could get it faster. Also the time spent on marketing, cover art, printing and so on.

:(

they've always released 3 singles before albums, with the only exception for uroboros

I also think they wanted to push the album to the autumn release because autumn releases generally bring more cash,

and a single release will make a bit of news presence. Maybe they aren't hitting the expected album deadline too.

Also, extra design/promo work is not that expensive, and they will get some extra cash releasing already finalized material.

they've always released 3 singles before albums, with the only exception for uroboros

and withering to death, unless you count saku and machiavellism as two separate singles (you shouldn't!)

@nekkichi: The band has stated that the album will be out in Summer. And UROBOROS was released 1-2 months after Glass Skin, so that would place the album in July - August. Around the time they start touring again...

Surprisingly enough (with all this talk about LOTUS), I didn't really enjoy it that much D: there was no climax, the song sort of drifted in and out. Granted, the musicianship was amazing, just the composition was lacking incredibly!

Oh and: The guy mixing this single is Tue Madsen, who has worked with August Burns Red, and The Black Dahlia Murder.

So for those expecting something like Hageshisa to, expect that (as am I) but with a stronger break down presence.

Yes, the album WILL be released in the summer, in time for their European tour... I think they're even putting these promotion flyers about the new album into the package of the DIFFERENT SENSE-single just like they did with GLASS SKIN and UROBOROS.

I also think they're announcing the release date for the album already before "DIFFERENT SENSE" has been released.

Surprisingly enough (with all this talk about LOTUS), I didn't really enjoy it that much D: there was no climax, the song sort of drifted in and out. Granted, the musicianship was amazing, just the composition was lacking incredibly!

I might be wrong, but I read somewhere that the album version of LOTUS will be longer and reworked. Perhaps that's when it will feel complete, because right now I feel like I have half a song.

Oh and: The guy mixing this single is Tue Madsen, who has worked with August Burns Red, and The Black Dahlia Murder.

So for those expecting something like Hageshisa to, expect that (as am I) but with a stronger break down presence.

I don't think his mixing of the CD will have anything to do with whether or not Kaoru/Die will compose more songs with breakdowns. Perhaps I'm being too optimistic though.

^

I remember reading Die saying that the song was going to sound different. This is probably because they're getting someone else entirely to mix the album, so each instrument will hold its own presence.

And my reasoning with the breakdowns was: Lately they have been going with engineers that fit the sound that they're trying to achieve for maximum results. That and it seems like the band has been focusing on breakdowns more (hageshisa to, new ZAN) and Shinya said his double bass was going to have more of a presence (and the new track has been described has a "hardcore sound"). So that's why I was leaning that way.

BUT! Dir en grey is unconventional, so it's anything goes really.

I loved the sound (or mixing? ...not terribly experienced in these things) of Hageshisa, so cool that they work with Tue Madsen again. Can't wait for the end result! :)

^ I have to agree. The single was very well mixed.

And i'm looking forward to both the new single and album. I've never honestly been disappointed with any of their releases.

For those complaining, it's a true fact that everyone ends up checking out and liking their releases regardless of how they turn out.

Because they are Dir en grey.

Even though I wasn't a fan of Lotus, it's not discouraging me at all. I've been a fan of Diru for ten years now. Hageshisa is one of my favorite Diru songs, so as long as it's on there I'll be happy really. I'm buying it irregardless.

I hope it'll be a lot of headbanging fun!

I feel like Dir en grey is one of the few Japanese bands that can successfully pull of sounding "metal" without it sounding completely fake (i.e. the GazettE)

At least you said this in a Deg thread. You're pretty daring, my friend.

I feel like Dir en grey is one of the few Japanese bands that can successfully pull of sounding "metal" without it sounding completely fake (i.e. the GazettE)

You mean bands rooted in the visual-kei scene, right?

Sign in to follow this