Spike760

Dir en grey

what the actual fuck, Toshiya?

tumblr_n9i9gcHNJ31r5sfsvo1_r1_1280.jpg

same reaction as me when I saw it.

I couldn't decide which is the appropriate response, so here's the top four that came to mind immediately upon seeing the picture:comment that came to mind:

• "IKEA is really desperate in the Japan. Although, it appears that all parts seem to be in order."

Fake edit: Edited due to the fact I read Shinya instead of Toshiya the first time around.

He's much more talented in doing shy shoujo girl impressions than drumming. And honestly I wouldn't miss him if he'd quit the band. I also don't think the band would be quitting if he left.

EDIT ok I take that back he's not a bad drummer, he's just not flexible at all. And now that you mention it, Shitataru Mouro is also such a song. I cringe everytime it starts because I just know in beforehand he doesn't get that intro clean. And it's really a song that invitates to do drum fills. If you'd put Hellhammer before the kit during this song...it would reveal its full potential. But apparently Shinya never variates beyond the studio track..that he barely manages to do in the first place.

Shinya isn't a bad drummer at all, he's just very inconsistent and lazy from the time they record new songs ALL the way to the Budokan lives where he miraculously is flawless. I noticed this as I was watching the new Budokan live and noticed it between the gap between Uroboros and the batch of DVD's they released before that Budokan live. It kind of makes sense since the Budokan lives are a big deal but even so....dude, practice! 

Speaking of which, did anyone watch the Dum Spiro Spero live? I thought It was the worst DVD the band has released.

Yo! Since when is Toshiya a player? wtf...

Haha, he's always been supposedly. I remember reading an interview where he said he would find out about pop and such just to sleep with girls when he was younger. Surprised me as well.

Wow, cool name. "Arche", like noahs ark? Seems like a consistent follow up to "Dum Spiro Spero" judging from the title. 

Or the greek word:

αρχη [archê]

Greek term for beginning or ultimate principle. The Milesian philosophers looked for a single material stuff of which the entire universe is composed, while Empedocles identified no fewer than four elements whose mixture makes up ordinary things. For both Plato and Aristotle, however, the αρχη most worth seeking would be an originating power from which the material order flows and upon which theoretical knowledge of its nature might be grounded logically.

..."Arche", like noahs ark?...

dipping a little bit into black metal territory maybe? would be pretty cool and sort of fits their current narrative quite well.

i'm intrigued (dammit and that just for the title, curse you DEG-hype-machine!)

EDIT 

from their facebook

NEW ALBUM 『ARCHE』 2014.12.10 TO BE RELEASED!

It has been 3 years and 4 months since the release of the last album “DUM SPIRO SPERO” (Aug 3, 2011) and now DIR EN GREY’s 9th full album “ARCHE” is set to be released!
DIR EN GREY NEW ALBUM
『ARCHE』
2014.12.10 RELEASE
This album has been named “ARCHE” which stands for “the origin” in Greek. From the point where ‘the album has finally taken form’(Shinya) the band embarked on their nationwide tour as they continue work on the album.
‘This album is being worked on with me thinking about the past and future of myself as a vocalist, more than I have had ever before. That place where the old me and the new me crosses is what is being put into the 9th album “ARCHE”’ (Kyo). Showing their inclination in regards to the new album from the musical point of view they commented with the following, ‘We will end up with an absolutely new and different sound from DIR EN GREY as compared to the previous album’ (Die), ‘No matter how I try to explain this “sound” with words I will never be able to do it” (Toshiya). 
We received the following words of assurance, ‘I can’t really be overstating the album, which is yet incomplete, but please wait for that first blow of the force that will be”ARCHE”. (Kaoru)
You can read the full transcripts of the band’s comments on the album on the OFFICIAL FAN CLUB「a knot」、OFFICIAL MOBILE SITE<DIR EN GREY ONLINE> Member’s Only page.

They really did it. Wow. Yurameki. I just hope they will tape this one. I MUST HEAR IT

EDIT and lol to Die's comment on the album

>>‘We will end up with an absolutely new and different sound from DIR EN GREY as compared to the previous album’ (Die)<<

Absolutely new... like just different from DSS. If they do it in the style of Sustain The Untruth though, that wouldn't be THAT revolutionary, really. Very excited about this big talks.

They haven't played Yokan since 2003? Really?

yep. same with Cage and Raison Detre. all of them were last time played at the notorious BLITZ 5DAYS show No. 2.

Yurameki was last time played in 2001.