Spike760

Dir en grey

I love how we got more comments about one question in an irrelevant fucking poll in a completely different topic than in the review topic that's being discussed and that out of all the people that are complaining only one person here said anything in response to the five very in-depth reviews we took two weeks to write.

two-thumbs-up.jpg

DogManX, I don't mean to offend or anything, but I think you just took the poll too seriously. Review threads are open to people apart from the staff+official reviewers so they can comment on an album, it should go without saying that the poll options can't possibly be 100-ish words long and/or express every single nuance of what every single person thinks about it. If none of them applies to you, just speak up! It's what a forum is meant for in the first place. 

(sorry for intruding :x)

I love how we got more comments about one question in an irrelevant fucking poll in a completely different topic than in the review topic that's being discussed and that out of all the people that are complaining only one person here said anything in response to the five very in-depth reviews we took two weeks to write.

two-thumbs-up.jpg

Literally what I was thinking and was going to post about. The poll is there as a fun activity, if you have any opinions about what is reviewed, we're all certainly more than happy to get as many replies on this thread here as there so actual discussion about the topic is being discussed with the whole community involved. The poll options do go in stages and steps, Zeus did a great job as always there and obviously, as shizukasou has explained above, they're kept short and sweet so you can just quickly click on the one you agree with. Just explain to us there about it, it's a lot more enjoyable when discussing it, don't you think? I personally feel more attention should be on what else has been said, and I'm not just saying this as someone who contributed with the reviews. Everyone takes their time and spends a while doing it. And obviously it's awesome when others suggest corrections, I'm grateful people do, helps massively on everything. Lets just enjoy the album together and share our thoughts and opinions on it together.

I did not want to talk down the reviews. :( I enjoyed reading them and I imagine alot of thought going into them. I was concerned especially with the poll and only with the poll.

Thanks, beni. I actually didn't want to write into the review section, that kinda kills the flow of the reviews for me.

I did not want to talk down the reviews. :( I enjoyed reading them and I imagine alot of thought going into them. I was concerned especially with the poll and only with the poll.

Thanks, beni. I actually didn't want to write into the review section, that kinda kills the flow of the reviews for me.

Oh my god, you didn't talk down on us! No worries at all! I wasn't saying that, I apologise if I said anything that would have made you thought I was telling you off about that. I just want to encourage more chat on the release is all. Actually, anyone having read all our thoughts on it I am ever so grateful and happy for in just that, since it's quite a lot to take in. I understand this is just about the poll but seeing as much discussion on the release itself would be awesome is all I wanted to express. But reading YOUR opinions is what we're trying to encourage! Seriously. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying this but anyone contributing to the review threads is really makes reviewing it worthwhile. 

Don't think any input there would 'kill the flow' of our reviews. I didn't think anyone'd think it like that, I'm sorry for not understanding. Ours is just the topic starter, I think you could say. We want more discussion and debate so please, you and everyone else who has an opinion, for better or for worse, just put it there! You can see us lot are very split with it, ehe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5dJrmAAXEA

I felt like responding to Pretzy's post because no one else did, haha and I'm also curious as to everyone else's response. So here goes. As you can see, I picked RINKAKU. For some reason, its the only song that wasn't completely ruined by the terrible production/mixing that plagued the majority of that live. Also, the band actually looks like they gave a damn and put fourth some energy into it. Perfect, seeing as its one of my all time favorite songs. 

We're all for members giving their voice on what they'd like to see different...

I love how this, is followed by:

It's a fucking poll. it's for fun. who gives a fuck.

stop whining, it's annoying.

and

The staff is not one hivemind and consists of different people with different opinions. I myself am not part of the review team, thus I could only speak of how I see the situation from an outsider's perspective. It is not my place to call them out on it, not here, in any case.

I consider the Official Reviewers to be staff as well and on that front we all are consistent in tone. As users that spent two weeks writing those reviews on top of participating in the end of the year album lists and putting together our own year end lists on top of that, a little gratitude and appreciation is all we're asking for. But when the first thing you read is about how bad your poll choices are and not a word about any of the reviews, how did you think any of us were going to react?

I consider the Official Reviewers to be staff as well and on that front we all are consistent in tone. As users that spent two weeks writing those reviews on top of participating in the end of the year album lists and putting together our own year end lists on top of that, a little gratitude and appreciation is all we're asking for. But when the first thing you read is about how bad your poll choices are and not a word about any of the reviews, how did you think any of us were going to react?

I'm sorry Zeus, but this is inappropriate. Not only is it not true that your staff is in "consistent tone", far from it. Also you can't just dismiss a complaint or allow a mod to tell me to "shut up and stop whining" about it because of reasons that are not directly connected with the issue. There are other ways to do so. And I have nothing to do with people not responding to your reviews. I could accept that you would dismiss my complaint because of my ..unpoliteness.. as sai pointed out, and I already apologized for being harsh in that initial comment. I can't accept though that you will defend a mod telling me to just "shut up", which means something different than a regular user telling me that. Even though I restricted myself from even minding that unnecessary comment. It is inappropriate language in that context, and in any shape or form it has to be pointed out as such. Thank you.

You are free to point out whatever you want to point out. I am equally as free to respond with how I feel. That's how free speech works. Regardless of whether I am a mod or administrator or a regular user I am a human first and foremost. If I feel a certain type of way about something I'm going to respond, which is exactly what I did. If any other mods feel a certain type of way about something, they are also free to respond. The administration doesn't need to be consistent in tone about anything regarding this topic because this isn't something they are involved with. It's a project started by CAT5 and I which they are allowed to contribute to for as little or as much as they want. So you can leave the rest of the staff out of it, because the only people this has to do with is the OR plus me.

Now let me make it clear as to what I'm talking about. I am disappointed and dismayed that people are more apt to complain about an irrelevant poll that's meant to be for fun (check the DEZERT review if you want more proof) than the reviews that we spend a lot of time writing and proofreading (and in some cases curating). We don't care about the polls. I spend all of five seconds making them. Sometimes we even forget to include them. If that's the only thing you have a problem with, it's not really a problem.

And for the record, I'm not defending anybody but myself. Saku is more than capable of speaking for himself.

Now if you could all turn your attention to something a little less negative, that would be much appreciated.

Man, it always has to be with DEG, huh... what a magical band.

(don't mind me XD)

They do seem to have some innate ability to act as a catalyst for petty arguments. I feel like Firewall could somehow turn that into some cheesy marketing tool for their next album :P

Anyway, I wouldn't necessarily consider this to be my 'favourite' performance because I find it really hard to think of one specific performance that I can consider entirely better than the others, but I've always found this version of LOTUS from the 輪郭 DVD to be particularly impactful. It might seem like a weird choice since Kyo's voice is absolutely shot here, but that's precisely why I like it so much; there's something inspiring about watching him continue to put in so much effort while his voice is in such a bad state. 

Easy for me. Best performance

Jesus christ, I forgot about this performance. Everything on Blitz was pretty much gold.

I have a feeling they could easily pull another Blitz performance again since they've got their game back.

Dude I'll say what ever the fuck I want to. I call it like I see it, and all I saw was a whiner bitching about some irrelevant shit that does not matter. It also didn't help that out of all things you want to criticize it's a fucking poll.... I know how hard the OR team works at what they do and I'm really proud of them because I know I couldn't write like they do. Then I get to come in here and see some asshole completely ignoring their hard work and instead makes a big deal out of what's essentially a pointless for fun feature. Yeah I'm gonna get mad. Should I filter myself because I'm in a position of power? NO! I'll never do that.

I'm sick of people thinking that just because we are staff that we should act and carry ourselves differently from other members and essentially filter ourselves. That is a load of bullshit. I don't get paid to do this. I'm here because I like to be here and I've sunk the last eight years of my life into this place. I'm not gonna act any differently here than I would in real life especially when I see something I don't like, you better believe I'm gonna let you know. so yes I got pissed and I think this whole situation is one big joke.

Basically I'm being real and that's never gonna change.

Dude, I don't have nothing to do here, I loved the review and I respect every point of view, but I think I don't understand when you say (in general on your last post) that you can say and do what you want and having such power is not gonna change you from being what you've been this 8 years. I understand, I respect that, everyone is free to speak what they think about random stuff and so is DogManX...

To make things clear I'm not defending anyone since I really have nothing to do here lol but I couldn't stay quiet when I noticed that you disagree with the user.

You can post what you want and so this user, the difference when you have power is that you can tell him to shut up if you got pissed off...

Maybe I didn't understand pretty well but I think is a little bit unfair since we all (maybe) are limited to say some stuff.

This is all in good terms, I don't wanna cause any trouble.

(I really hope you get my point, I'm not that good at english, sorry)

HA :D So Original Saku as a mod can call me any names with no justification whatsoever, but when I reflect on his writings in a similar way he does on mine, .. I get silenced. That's what I call misuse of authority.

Is that what you mean by "writing however the fuck you want"? Calling users names, denouncing and disrespecting them clearly? But wait, what was this "I don't want to act differently" about? You are in a position in the first place (!!!) to be able to act differently without any consequences. And you make use of it! Call me names? Whatever, I'm just a tiny user. You're a mod. But me throwing that back because I don't want to be pushed around by a prick? No. Immediate ban.

Let me make this clear: I do not care if you're a mod, if you treat me like shit I will respond to it. And if no one here will do anything about that, this forum is done for me. Just another place where a mod's position gets over his/her head. Sad story. But I'm sick of it.

All I wanted is at least an admission from your side that you may could have acted differently back then. But you can't even do that.

Stop overreacting. Nobody is threatening to ban anyone and this has gone on far longer than it should have. You were not silenced because anybody was "abusing power". You were silenced for being off-topic after I tried to end it the first time. Now I'm going to end it again.

So let me make this clear: all future off-topic posts are going to be removed and then anyone WILL be banned for continuing to test my patience, so think twice before continuing this shitfest. And if you think I'm abusing my power, the door is right there. You are free to go.

Stop overreacting. Nobody was threatening to ban anyone and this bullshit has gone on far longer than it should have. You were not silenced because anybody was "abusing power". You were silenced for being off-topic after I tried to end it the first time. Now I'm going to end it again.

So let me make this clear: all future off-topic posts are going to be removed and then anyone WILL be banned for continuing to test my patience, so think twice before continuing this shitfest. And if you think I'm abusing my power, the door is right there. You are free to go.

Hey he's the one that called me out. I had no intention of ever posting in here after my first post (which btw wasn't specifically targeted at him alone) but then he wants to name drop (did I drop any names in my original short n' sweet post?). So yeah I responded to it.

btw nobody is bullying anybody, if you think this is bullying then you obviously don't know what real bullying is like. and also where did the word "ban" come into the discussion? So i can't speak my mind without people thinking I'm gonna ban them just because I don't like them? That's stupid.

So this will be my last post here pertaining to this matter. I'm not bullying anybody and I'm not gonna ban anybody unless they actually deserve it. This whole thing started because DogManX wanted to name drop and start something because he didn't like to be called a whiner apparently. I guess some people can't take being called a simple word like "whiner" when in reality there's about a thousand worse things I could of said instead. But if it ends this mess, then I apologize for my "inappropriate" and "rough" language.

and btw while i might not ban anybody over stupid discussions like this, I wouldn't test Zess' patience on the matter... so let's all just stop right here.

Fair for me. Back to topic.

Jesus christ, I forgot about this performance. Everything on Blitz was pretty much gold.

I have a feeling they could easily pull another Blitz performance again since they've got their game back.

Holy shit that would be awesome.

They do seem to have some innate ability to act as a catalyst for petty arguments. I feel like Firewall could somehow turn that into some cheesy marketing tool for their next album :P

Anyway, I wouldn't necessarily consider this to be my 'favourite' performance because I find it really hard to think of one specific performance that I can consider entirely better than the others, but I've always found this version of LOTUS from the 輪郭 DVD to be particularly impactful. It might seem like a weird choice since Kyo's voice is absolutely shot here, but that's precisely why I like it so much; there's something inspiring about watching him continue to put in so much effort while his voice is in such a bad state. 

I remember getting chills down my spine when I first seen this. This performances intensity despite Kyo's shot voice was amazing. 

I know this live in general is blacklisted in the eyes of many but I gotta admire how the band powered through it, especially during this song.