Spike760

Dir en grey

As a reminder: Kyo has his hands full with sukekiyo as well (and pre-Arche HnG interviews noted that he focuses a lot more on "his band" these days rather than on DEG) :)

So there won't be any kind of non-DVD release from DEG 'till late 2016-ish - my guess though.

No, no. I mean REALLY taking time. Dir en grey have toured NON STOP for almost 18 years now. The times in between barely count. And as we could read from their "confessions" (that's basically what they were) they were totally worn out at some time not so long ago. Many bands who existed for as long as Dir en grey have taken times out, gone on hiatus or at least changed members. We, the fans, demand them to release and tour nonstop for our enjoyment. We take for granted that these guys produce art for us like on a fucking assembly line. And we cry around when some can't take it any more, some others just produce shit at the end or some others show signs of resentment.

Just imagine. Many of us have lived barely longer than these guys doing music together, until this point. This is incredibly long. I believe people don't think about this often enough.

Don't stress them out or just expect them to go on, because that's "just the way it goes". You don't want to have a load of shitty, uninspired releases.. because you're the first ones crying around when it happens. ARCHE was hell of a release. If it was going my way, I'd be pleased with a carreer end like this. I don't need any more .. well but it would be nice :D

they took a lot of lengthy touring breaks between WTD and DSS eras, and considering arche made them a relevant band again, I don't think there would be a big north american tour until next proper full album.

they will likely tour Asia now, now that their looks and everything are classy again, and asian fangirl interest is on the rise. #please_add_merry_on_weibo, and who is merry tbh

who gives a shit about north american market with touring/entering expenses and their Obscure Artsy Era being a success atm

and kyo has sukekiyo local success as well

I'd probably prefer to see rentrer en soi recording smth else instead of Deg going full burn-out again.

nekkichi, on 27 Apr 2015 - 11:26 PM, said:

they took a lot of lengthy touring breaks between WTD and DSS eras, and considering arche made them a relevant band again, I don't think there would be a big north american tour until next proper full album.

they will likely tour Asia now, now that their looks and everything are classy again, and asian fangirl interest is on the rise. #please_add_merry_on_weibo, and who is merry tbh

who gives a shit about north american market with touring/entering expenses and their Obscure Artsy Era being a success atm

1. They're already about to hit EU, 9/10 they announce US dates a lil after, if i remember correctly. ARCHE is the next "proper full album," they prob will promote it here as always, regardless of the "expenses" and whatever the hell "Obscure Artsy Era being a success atm" means. What sense would it make to wait all the way for another full length to tour the states? If anything, the wait for 2015 US tour dates may be longer due to Kyo's work with Sukekiyo.

Also, the band clearly gives a shit if they keep coming back lol, what?

EDIT: Also I agree with DOGMAN. I think its best 2 let the band take their time. As bad as I feel for saying this, I am thankful that the band had some time to just chill and such while Kyo was recovering. Till this day, I believe that Rinkaku is their best song. I like to think that it probably wouldn't be as great or even existed if that time wasn't had.

considering the members are almost 100 years old i dont blame them for stringing out their releases/tours. it must be a little boring playing in a band after 18 (!!!) years, besides since the band **allegedly** hate each other then i'd see little incentive to do more than the minimum required to maintain their profits/keep their label satisfied.

Arche made them relevant again? Seeing as the general fanbase reaction is much colder compared to how we/they received THE UNRAVELING (most people even stopped caring after long pauses + excessive amounts of hurrdurr and late kaoruisms) + poor Oricon sales figures...yeah, no. Not even the fact that Char Aznable's VA or some other celebs advertised the band ain't doing much...

We need to wait and see if they are coming up with Glass Skin pt. 2 (which wasn't the sales buster to begin with but was something that warped them back to the Music Japan (read: mainstream (TV)) lives in the near future.

Of course it did. Don't you remember when after WtD no one ever talked about them anymore? Empty threads everywhere. Dir en grey were so irrelevant, even kar*** gave up on Kyo. And that surely hasn't got anything to do with them quitting VK for good after WtD. No. They were just.. irrelevant.

I swear... this entire fanbase sometimes.

oqxxJAa.gif

Anyway, I find it hard to listen to Gauze sometimes nowadays. When I first heard the album many years ago, I didn't bother to look at the album details past the artist name, album title, and song titles. I just automatically assumed the album was released in the late 80s or early 90s due to the production. I was completely blown away that it was actually much later on than that.

Anyway, I find it hard to listen to Gauze sometimes nowadays. When I first heard the album many years ago, I didn't bother to look at the album details past the artist name, album title, and song titles. I just automatically assumed the album was released in the late 80s or early 90s due to the production. I was completely blown away that it was actually much later on than that.

Perhaps it is because I have listened to it so much that I have become desensitized to it, but Gauze's production doesn't bother me at all.

Fun little thing, you can buy the kind of jacket Kyo wore for his Arche look.

http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g145941520

.....that is if you have $1000.....Me personally, I'm good with my $30 one from American Eagle thanks..

$1000 for a julius jacket is a steal

the regular price version would probably go for 2-3k+

i'd buy it regardless of whether my beloved kyo-sama wore it or not--but i dont got 1k to spend on a jacket :(

ps: i hope dir en grey keep distancing their j-rock fans with weird music and pauses in activity so there will be less annoying people at the shows trying to hear the fucking vulgar songs/fuck the band

Fall Japanese tour, Winter North American tour.

noooo fuck a winter tour

every1 pray 2 da visual kei gods that we get a summer tour