Spike760

Dir en grey

'uroko´s' pv feels cheap somehow. i don´t really like it, lets say i had bigger expectations as it´s dir en grey after all. songs have become more creative hence enjoyable but i couldn´t say the same about most of the videos. sadly

Cheaper than green screen and lyric PVs?

I think the PV was well made. Looking at most Deg videos, I don't really see that much to anticipate more. And I'm certainly not satisfied with a dull performance video.

I think they definitely could have pushed the videos more. Could use more polishing and content.

Like in "Uroko", if they're gonna have the band interact with the other actors, excuse me, just the one actor, then it would've been cool to see them do more than just sit still while the camera pans out. 

Kyo's hair in "The Unraveling" reminds me of Gobby jr. from "The Amazing Spider Man2 ".

tumblr_ne6qjzXb9F1ttqo5qo2_250.gif

tumblr_mmv0bvF83S1qfw9ogo1_500.gif

Kyo: "Oh snap losing my balance! JK I'm a ninja AHhhhh" 

He doesn't goof around. He's fuckin evil don't you see it?

I mean I can literally hear him scream to the crowd. "You wanna see more of thisshitmotherfuckersssss?"

Yes everyone keeps telling me that is what Totchi is doing.

But seriously, he should stop. It looks like he is trying to play his bass low like in the old days but has chronic back pain and can't make it.

shinya looks good enough in uroko to make it the best diru pv ever

jk

the unraveling never happened dont speak of it

Well, "Uroko" translates into fish scales, fish live in the sea, Disney made "Finding Nemo" a movie about fish and the sea, in the movie there was a scene where crabs try to eat a fish (Nemo), the band also tries to eat a fish in the video (although in lady from)......Toshiya is imitating the crabs from "Finding Nemo."

Well, "Uroko" translates into fish scales, fish live in the sea, Disney made "Finding Nemo" a movie about fish and the sea, in the movie there was a scene where crabs try to eat a fish (Nemo), the band also tries to eat a fish in the video (although in lady from)......Toshiya is imitating the crabs from "Finding Nemo."

Coming to a cinema near you - "Disney's Diru". Wholesome family fun!

Cheaper than green screen and lyric PVs?

those sucked indeed but they were so cat. c, that they were actually somewhat entertaining. although i´ve never been much of a fan of those anyway. but what i meant was that the idea of 'uroko´s' pv feels cheap. sorry for not expressing myself properly

Uroko PV might not be definitely their best one but man, DEG fanboys are way too choosy these days when they go with futile "hate everything, suggest nothing"-kind of commenting ("hurrr this is cheap af")

Lotus, STU and DS were hella cheaper than those two and veteran fanboys (smh) didn't even hiss at them at all (?!)

Positive thinking #1: Hiroyuki Kondo (trivia: staple director for DEG PVs) definitely stepped up his game with a few nods to his earlier Visual Trap works on Uroko and whatnot

edit: for those who are interested in Kondo's /his studio's current works: http://blog.livedoor.jp/vt01kondo/ (the last update was during mid-2014 btw)

Uroko PV might not be definitely their best one but man, DEG fanboys are way too choosy these days when they go with futile "hate everything, suggest nothing"-kind of commenting ("hurrr this is cheap af")

I would say their criticism is far more productive, and on topic, compared to your constant pissing and moaning about other users on the forum.

I would say their criticism is far more productive, and on topic, compared to your constant pissing and moaning about other users on the forum.

I don't think TW folks have forgotten your pissing habits either, Will ;) (mind explaining how "cheap af" (for instance) is productive and solution-oriented as a comment?)

I don't think TW folks have forgotten your pissing habits either, Will ;) (mind explaining how "cheap af" (for instance) is productive and solution-oriented as a comment?)

I'm sorry; but I don't shit on other users on the forum because it's a pathetic display. I've sensed a growing pattern with your entries on Dir en grey topics, where you would rather shit post about the fans in the first half of your posts, then as an afterthought (an edit, actually) contribute something that is remotely noteworthy for discussion.

And as for the "cheap production", you'll have to ask someone else because I never made that statement. Try asking one of the people you shit on.

and @relentless this discussion is not really on topic, It would be great if the two of you could continue this in a more private setting namely through PM's than to continue here in this thread.