Spike760

Dir en grey

^ and don't forget the assking alexandria coupling tour that could celebrate their fame and acclaim even more than 5 Chile concerts did already.

Lol childish. The coupling tour was going to be an incredible opportunity for the band to reach out to a much wider and more varied audience (the still reckless tour was actually pretty varied), something they SHOULD have been doing this whole time.

being a second band on a tour with someone 10 years younger than you and a light year behind in terms of skill is NEVER a "not bad" idea.

if they were touring with korn, metallica, rammstein or suddenly went classy and coupled with smashing pumpkins, that would be not bad.

Wait, first you bash Asking Alexandria and then you mention bands like METALLICA and KORN? LOL! wat?

Relentless' accent is so Fukkatsuan/Fukkatsu-ish, perhaps you are that same Juuni-mod/w/e? If so then no wonder that your comments have no ground /are anything but profound.

Why should we trust Pitchfork sub-review stations, by the way? I'd rather stick to my own standards than to groundless "these guys are like a black sabbathian Mars Volta meets Mr. Bungle meets Diamanda Galas" (wtf) and "Best album to come out from Japan, best regards Sputnikmusic" BS - those are anything but argument-worthy things.

Try harder.

Lol I don't go on Fukkatsu, but I know the forum well enough to know you made a name there and you were constantly shit on by everyone.

You're missing the point here Pretsy: which happens when you come in late, read the last few posts, and try to draw a conclusion from everything. But here, I'll fill you in:

Nekkichi: Dir en grey are uninspired sell outs that are losing Japanese fans steadily because Dum Spiro Spero flopped and my fav albums are the bands worst (Withering To Death and Vulgar? REALLY? lolz)

Me: You're complaining about musical preference and masking it as fact, furthermore you're wrong in those ridiculous accusations (Pretsy, read previous posts)

Congrats Pretsy, you like everybody else can formulate your own opinion on the music you listen to, that was never an issue here. "Try Harder"

I took some time just to read through the shitfest and sc. "using only reviews from the one side as a "trustable" argument tool" caught my eye first, and that is what you should notice too - that was the main problem in your comments, Idgaf about the rest

In addition to that, Fukkatsu crew might hate me, okay - but how is that even relevant to my comments on DEG's direction? Just FYI, Batsu is equal to the home of ohaiitzwill and alike (aka dir en grey trolls and rabid stans), so why give a heck? I don't care if trolls/rabid fangirls hate me.

Don't take "Try Harder" personally - it's an important piece of advice for your further reviews, since what you wrote about US peeps reviewing the album positively etc. is not convincing nor interesting enough. Why? I'll leave it to you.

Can't wait for the Oricon's mighty steeds and their reviews on DSS (or other firm/site under the control of Oricon) - I appreciate their standards a bit more than those who take Deathspell Omega over Burzum as "worthy black metal" everyday...(aka 90% of them who reviewed DSS)

All in all, I hope that they will stumble upon sc. "Six Ugly"-problem again, and learn that being heavier and heavier (and non-listenable) is not a solution when it comes to expressing emotion/aggression/whatever Kyo wants to express in music

I wasn't planning on joining this discussion because I could already see it end nowhere and someone having to interfere, which I will be doing if you won't be able to discuss this without throwing personal insults at eachother. That's what the PM function is for.

Discussion about this matter is allowed, of course, just don't start throwing insults at eachother's faces. I don't feel like handing out warnings.

I took some time just to read through the shitfest and sc. "using only reviews from the one side as a "trustable" argument tool" caught my eye first, and that is what you should notice too - that was the main problem in your comments, Idgaf about the rest

In addition to that, Fukkatsu crew might hate me, okay - but how is that even relevant to my comments on DEG's direction? Just FYI, Batsu is equal to the home of ohaiitzwill and alike (aka dir en grey trolls and rabid stans), so why give a heck? I don't care if trolls/rabid fangirls hate me.

Don't take "Try Harder" personally - it's an important piece of advice for your further reviews, since what you wrote about US peeps reviewing the album positively etc. is not convincing nor interesting enough. Why? I'll leave it to you.

Can't wait for the Oricon's mighty steeds and their reviews on DSS (or other firm/site under the control of Oricon) - I appreciate their standards a bit more than those who take Deathspell Omega over Burzum as "worthy black metal" everyday...(aka 90% of them who reviewed DSS)

All in all, I hope that they will stumble upon sc. "Six Ugly"-problem again, and learn that being heavier and heavier (and non-listenable) is not a solution when it comes to expressing emotion/aggression/whatever Kyo wants to express in music

I can sort of see what you're trying to say, but at the same time I feel like you're still missing the point. I can list positive reviews all day everyday -- well written and poorly written ones -- but what ultimately matters is the general consensus which was what I was highlighting to prove nekkichi wrong. That's really it.

Slightly unrelated but: Dir en grey doesn't make music JUST to be heavy and br00tal. It doesn't take the biggest Dir en grey fan to understand that.

I can sort of see what you're trying to say, but at the same time I feel like you're still missing the point. I can list positive reviews all day everyday -- well written and poorly written ones -- but what ultimately matters is the general consensus which was what I was highlighting to prove nekkichi wrong. That's really it.

I agree with you. Aside from the people here and some keyboard warriors from elsewhere, I haven't seen much negative feedback. As for the sales, they really can't be stupid enough to think that their brand of false metal would garner lasting mainstream success in Japan no matter how good or bad. I think it's a miracle that DSS and Uroboros sold as much as they it did in Japan mostly thanks to brand recognition.

I must be one of the only "fans" liking every single album then, right?

I've seen them live 4 times now, and I must say that the Dozing Green tour in Paris in 2007 was still the best one. London 2010 as well.

I knew them when they released Vulgar. Got to know them better through Withering and got totally into them through Marrow. I love Gauze and Macabre as well, and I don't think Uroboros or Dum Spiro Spero are bad. They're all different, and that's what I like about them. Different, but still Dir en grey (to me at least).

I personally don't think they're actually able to get any heavier, but instead I can see them experiment with different music styles again. Throwing in a variety of things. (Though I assume I'm also one of the single people that prefers the Symphonic ver. of Amon above the other one :s)

To be honest, I don't get the hate. Bands change, and they change because they want to. To expect Dir en grey to go back to VK or "dress nicely" again. Not going to happen. They're not VK anymore, and I'm pretty glad they're not. What's so bad about jeans and shirts anyway?

/ends own opinion

You aren't alone Kaye! ^_^ I too love like all of their albums and am glad they are all different!

Nekkichi: Dir en grey are uninspired sell outs that are losing Japanese fans steadily because Dum Spiro Spero flopped and my fav albums are the bands worst (Withering To Death and Vulgar? REALLY? lolz)

withering to death took 34-th place in Japanese rock albums top 100 by rolling stone jpn -

http://neojaponisme.com/2007/11/09/100- ... ck-albums/

flop piro failo where? (in case you didn't notice, I'm indirectly asking for DSS praise from mainstream Japanese media. Oh wait, DSS ees not mainstreem and no one cares about it anyomore, right?)

I clearly see your reading comprehension shortcomings (thanks for taking time to put words in my mouth, btw, nice to see how little of my posts actually made it through your retina towards ear-to-ear void you have there).

not to mention D Tommy is largely known for burying bands carreers (see rentrer en soi and merry if diru sales mean nothing to you), but seeing your shining intelligence, I'm not sure this is even an argument for you, xoxo.

I won't also bother spraying gas on fires here until they actually announce new material and show previews.

personally, I'm extremely curious about what creative plans they're pregging out atm, but there's nothing to actually discuss as of now.

ps: > what I was highlighting to prove nekkichi wrong

try harder, xo.

Lol outdated much? Nekkichi, if you're going to be like me and post links make sure they're relevant first! Two main things are clear:

1. Greatest ROCK albums -- Post W2D is not "rock", especially Uroboros and Dum Spiro Spero

2. Also, check the date genius, 2007 lol. That's before even Uroboros!

At this point you're just rambling. At least you tried xD

you're always welcome to update us with "basement dweller fanzine top picks of 2011" and DSS's awesome reception on /mu/ and ffsatsu boards.

I just prefer sale numbers and recognized media. I'm that biased.

Kaoru on Twitter/Facebook

"How is everybody doing?

We are excited to let you know we've started pre-production and writing new songs. I've been watching Euro 2012 and I feel a little tired from lack of sleep.

Check out the new DVD and Blu-ray out now. Stay tuned for another one releasing next month."

weeeeeheheee, new material casting it's shadows!!! it's fair to say that i'm pretty much exited about this...

I didn't know where to post these so I thought a general DIR EN GREY thread would be okay.

so basically Kaoru and Die did a photoshoot for august 2012 issue of GiGS.

here are the scans which popped up this morning on Tumblr.

my impression was like, the fuck?

b6d97ce5840ead5cf413b907a0bca242.jpeg 675f07bd2f0574f926d38c8bd491cf0a.jpeg fb77090c02c727943a5b4b22d54b9b6c.jpeg ebfa385586c84debc06f0728b153acd1.jpeg

A: OMFG TOSHIYA!!

B: NO! THAT IS DIE!!

A: OMFG! DIE IS COSPLAYING TOSHIYA! OH!

Also anyone feels a little bit ironic here they are going to put out new single when MOO isn't acually get enough promo??

They must be regretting to ever recording and releasing MOO tbh! :lol:

When Pretsy linked those to me earlier I didn't even realize it was Dir en grey until I came here.

: /

Also anyone feels a little bit ironic here they are going to put out new single when MOO isn't acually get enough promo??

This. What the hell guys?