Spike760

Dir en grey

Not being a fan of something doesn't mean you don't understand it. Hell I like some post-modern art and that shit isn't supposed to make sense to anyone (with the uncommon cases of things I actually am able to "get"). Considering the length of her posts without using too much pseudo-intellect , I truly believe that she does, in fact, understand it and their current direction alarmingly well.

The day in which I've defended Nekkichi has come. Apocalypse is immanent. Please purchase some $5 KONY 2012 survival kits from the MH giftshop before time runs out!

fair enough.

still you could stop posting it. I mean, what's the point? feeding your ego? or just for the sake of a posting count?

anyways, ok. if that makes you feel better, carry on. I'll just stop here.

because I can, so to say?

because I'm probably not the only person, not being both happy with their current phase and delusional about their success?

because my posts can cause as much, if not more, empathy rather than butthurt?

because my tone can change if this band stops doing stupid shit, and stops glorifying retarded decisions?

because it's pretty much only you and a relentless piss-pour happy about current deg, and many others can agree that their direction of TMOAB and MOO is a big mistake, that is still in the reversible stage?

didn't I explain my point enough on prev. page and before so you could really skip asking dumb questions?

"The Final Word: Dir en grey have in Dum Spiro Spero a diverse, brutal, terrifying album that needs to be heard and spread."

(http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/music/1839)

"This is not an album that can (or should) be recommended to any particular genre of music fan, and DUM SPIRO SPERO is certainly not an album for everyone. Many will no doubt miss the point of such an intensely chaotic album and all its painful dark beauty, but for everyone else, this album is a spectacular piece of work, with some great musicianship and eerily enchanting melodies. "

(http://www.primalnoise.com/node/183)

"Dir En Grey is one intense metal asylum patient paddling a brand of hair-raising sonic art packed so full of diversity and avant-garde goodness that they keep you coming back for more. Indeed, while I breathe, I most certainly feel hopeβ€”hope for similar magnum opuses in the future that is."

(http://www.popmatters.com/pm/review/146 ... piro-spero)

"The glory of Dir En Grey has always been how they manage to pull beautiful melodies through the most astonishing and brutal of metal hazes. DUM SPIRO SPERO features no dearth of those enchanted minutes, from the delicate moments of β€œLotus” to the punitive crush of β€œHageshisa To, Kono Mune No Naka De Karamitsuita Shakunetsu No Yami.”

(http://blogcritics.org/music/article/mu ... n-grey-dum)

"Japan's finest shapeshifting metal machine's latest may be their most bipolar, but it's also their most complete. The moments of beautiful brutality help clear the muck occasionally built up by punishing slogs through the grind-and-growl swamp. B+"

(http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20514603,00.html)

"we’re off on a satisfyingly challenging, perpetually writhing musical beast that sees Dir en grey at their best. It’s far from easy listening but it’s an approach that’s won them legions of devoted fans in the process and comes close to reducing many of their peers to nothing more than musical footnotes in the larger scheme of things."

(http://www.rocksound.tv/reviews/article ... piro-spero)

quod erat demonstrandum

girl, one more time

I don't genuinely care about websites called "primal noise", "bloody disgusting" and "rock sound", period

I want to see how many people paid their $ 20 to support a North American release of that album.

Just clarifying that the reception over Dum Spiro Spero was incredibly positive.

I looked but couldn't find anything. Though I do know that the 3,900 is from just the first week of sales, after that idk. But to track success you also track their corresponding support tours, etc. Even that's a little premature though due to their inactivity.

Just clarifying that the reception over Dum Spiro Spero was incredibly positive.

on /mu/?

girl I clearly see that you have nothing to back your words up with except for dark music wankers who suddenly discovered a world of japanese twisted shit. that's all cool and stuff, but I did that nine years ago, surprise!

and those chinky-eyed Japanese girls did that twenty years before, and now those mean bitches DON'T UNDERSTAND DIR EN GREY EITHER, they don't feel THE DEPTHS OF KYOS DESPAIR, and more than that, they probably also prefer to spend money at vivenne westwood and not tower records

I said that yesterday - MOO flopped. It's their worst selling major album in their domestic market. there's no data on their total NA sales, but from my experience, non-classical non-English bands don't do it in America. they are not Vanessa Mae, and many jpop idols who tried to make it in America flopped dramatically either. they all are only big in Japan, and diru are losing japanese fan support steadily.

I see why it happens, and you only see how awesome they are over your cum-stained fanboy prism.

im being more of a nuisance now than anything.

and lol. typical argument for someone mindlessly hating on a band. When someone defends, call them a fanboy. Yep, great idea! Not redundant at all. It'd be funny to know that I like Dir en grey in passing, but can distinguish between objective criticism and obnoxious rantings with no direction. You say Dum Spiro Spero flopped, yet it's acclaim and subsequent successful tour in support of it (Age Quod Agis) prove that to be false. Your central argument surrounding the band (creativity issues, "bland", etc.) when it's rooted in nothing, it makes no sense. It's pompous especially when the whole "OH THEY'RE UNINSPIRED AND BLAND" is the biggest clichΓ© in the entire japanese music fandom. The same senseless think-tank formulated the whole "DIR EN GREY IS JUST AMERICAN METAL", and continue to create any excuse to hate on the band just because they're popular and said "fuck you" to VK to carve their own direction.

You continue to highlight that "DIR EN GREY IS STEADILY LOSING FANS IN JAPAN" yet their shows and the frequency of which prove otherwise (pre-hiatus). And furthermore, what does it even matter when (I know, I've said this) their fanbase outside of Japan (international market) is strong. The whole THEY'RE LOSING JAPANESE FANS would mean something if they weren't relevant outside of Japan...but they are. So it kind of doesn't matter.

EDIT: oh and nice job with all of those logical fallacies, really helps portray your point of view so much better.

yeah, that's a great argument of yours.

I can speak of that because I do not like Assking Alexandria too. but I'm smart enough to understand that if I do not like them, it doesn't mean everyone does. Assking Alexandria tour idea wasn't that bad as you try and portray it to be.

being a second band on a tour with someone 10 years younger than you and a light year behind in terms of skill is NEVER a "not bad" idea.

if they were touring with korn, metallica, rammstein or suddenly went classy and coupled with smashing pumpkins, that would be not bad.

nno. you still judge from a point of hating those guys, that's it.

who cares about the age or a skill level? all that matters is popularity.

no matter how old or skillful Asking Alexandria is, it's a popular and demanded band.

will you be happy if next dir en grey LP is a 3 CD rihanna cover collection coproduced by skrllx?

it will make them instafamous at the same time.

also who cares about having either merit or taste

btw this thread was lacking in funny images recently (I was tempted to post chris crocker gifs @ end of prev page however)

I'm gonna start but team effort is appreciated

cSBat.jpg

im being more of a nuisance now than anything.

and lol. typical argument for someone mindlessly hating on a band. When someone defends, call them a fanboy. Yep, great idea! Not redundant at all. It'd be funny to know that I like Dir en grey in passing, but can distinguish between objective criticism and obnoxious rantings with no direction. You say Dum Spiro Spero flopped, yet it's acclaim and subsequent successful tour in support of it (Age Quod Agis) prove that to be false. Your central argument surrounding the band (creativity issues, "bland", etc.) when it's rooted in nothing, it makes no sense. It's pompous especially when the whole "OH THEY'RE UNINSPIRED AND BLAND" is the biggest clichΓ© in the entire japanese music fandom. The same senseless think-tank formulated the whole "DIR EN GREY IS JUST AMERICAN METAL", and continue to create any excuse to hate on the band just because they're popular and said "fuck you" to VK to carve their own direction.

You continue to highlight that "DIR EN GREY IS STEADILY LOSING FANS IN JAPAN" yet their shows and the frequency of which prove otherwise (pre-hiatus). And furthermore, what does it even matter when (I know, I've said this) their fanbase outside of Japan (international market) is strong. The whole THEY'RE LOSING JAPANESE FANS would mean something if they weren't relevant outside of Japan...but they are. So it kind of doesn't matter.

Perfectly said, man! This thread propably had became a "band is good vs bad" flamewarland.

Besides as for these cliches, hardcore VK fans who bash DeG don't even see how Kyo improved his clean singing (Toguro, f.e.). The same goes for that invalid "american metal" cliche, who points out nationality without any sense.

As for the incoming DVD's I'll be sure to buy them if there'd be a chance, since it's quite hard to get any releases from Japan in my homeland xp

Relentless' accent is so Fukkatsuan/Fukkatsu-ish, perhaps you are that same Juuni-mod/w/e? If so then no wonder that your comments have no ground /are anything but profound.

Why should we trust Pitchfork sub-review stations, by the way? I'd rather stick to my own standards than to groundless "these guys are like a black sabbathian Mars Volta meets Mr. Bungle meets Diamanda Galas" (wtf) and "Best album to come out from Japan, best regards Sputnikmusic" BS - those are anything but argument-worthy things.

Try harder.