Spike760

Dir en grey

lol my initial list was like 20 long...but limiting to 5 (in no particular order) 1. embryo 2. ain't afraid to die 3. amber 4. vinushka 5. inconvenient ideal. Their ballads and mellow songs are usually my favorite I suppose.. obscure, kodou, saku, toguro, filth, jessica, bottom death valley are also up there and Diabolos is becomming a favorite from new album.

Mine are: "ain't afraid to die 〜with frosted ambience〜" ; "残-ZAN-" ; "Hydra" ; "RED SOIL (Unplugged)" & "ワルシャワの幻想(THE STALIN)"

Quick question, anyone got the US Deluxe Edition (The End Records) of UROBOROS ?? With the shiny silver text ?? :D

i might buy it from ebay but i wan't to make sure that this UPC code "654436012429" is the right CD.. so please, if you have it check behind where the barcode is and reply...

they're playing at osaka jo hall again in january 2012.UROBOROS -that's where the truth is-

also they're re-releasing Uroboros,remastered and extended.

they're re-releasing Uroboros,remastered and extended.

WTF!? OMFG!! wait... first AMON, then Tsumi to Batsu and now Uroboros... I mentioned a VULGAR re-mastered ver. but I was obviously joking... still pumped as fuck tho (:

From their OHP:

【Remastered ALBUM】UROBOROS [Remastered & Expanded] 8/29 up

2012年1月、全世界で"最狂の1枚"と高い評価を得た7th ALBUM『UROBOROS』が、

新たなミックス/マスタリングで最新リマスタリング盤として発売決定!

※詳細は追って発表いたします。

Translation:

[Remastered Album] UROBOROS [Remastered & Expanded] 8/29 up

January 2012, the whole world's "extreme enthusiast single disc," and highly acclaimed 7th album "UROBOROS" has had a decision made regarding the sale of the newly remixed/remastered version!

*Particulars will follow in an announcement shortly.

hm whats with this extended re-released?

Seems very commercial now. It is just 3 years since the initial release date.

Seems too fast for doing such remastering things actually.

I hope they'll do a beastly/heavy mixing for UROBOROS too, like DUM SPIRO SPERO. URO' is one of my favorite DEG albums but the sound quality doesn't always live up to its greatness.

*cough*moneywhores*cough*

Anyway, I'm afraid for this...pretty much all remakes they did of older songs I didn't like...I hope they won't ruin Uroboros like they did to the other songs. I'll shoot them if they do.

^ A remaster doesn't equal a remake. It just means that they'll take all the stuff they recorded and polish it/mix it differently/play around with acoustics, whatever. The song should stay totally the same (at least by the original meaning of the word "remastering"), just in a different, potentially better/fuller sound quality.

Of course it also says "expanded", so I don't know if that refers to add-ons to songs, or bonus tracks or what...

I wonder if Kyo will re-do the vocals on some of the songs. I've heard that there are new lyrics for Inconvenient Ideal, which would require him to create all new vocal lines for that song. And if he decides to do that song, well why not the rest? I just hope they don't get Tue Madsen to do the mixing for this CD because it wouldn't "fit" on Uroboros.

I wonder if they've realized how self indulgent Dum Spiro Spero is.

that cd can use a remaster but hopefully like SAI say they don't ruin the album like they did with alot song remakes.

I hope they'll do a beastly/heavy mixing for UROBOROS too, like DUM SPIRO SPERO. URO' is one of my favorite DEG albums but the sound quality doesn't always live up to its greatness.

exactly this. i'd fap all over this album if its sound wouldn't be as meh as it is now (drums sound horrible, don't like the drums that much on DSS either tho, their best sound was the hagehage-single or warasu i think...). just imagine vinshuka with their current sound :oshi: !!!

I wasn't too fond of the MOO "sound" tbh. I liked the noticeable bass but that's about it. I think Uroboros would sound better if it was "cleaner" in comparison to DSS which sounded "muddy".

bonsaijodelfisch,

I remember the guys telling they actually DID record VINUSHKA with one of european sound producers, I forgot the name. they did it to test him and his abilities in order to decide will they keep working with him. but they added that this re-recorded track wouldn't be released.

While not perfect, I quite like the production/mixing of both Uroboros and DSS. There are places I'd want louder ____ or more ___ but I'm quite satisfied with both and how they sound. Though I always love hearing re-recordings and comparing them.

Well I'm personally looking forward to this. I love UROBOROS but I'm curious to hear whether the songs can remain good even with a "new" sound :mrgreen: BTW just to make sure - I hope people are aware of the difference between "re-making" and "re-mastering" because these 2 terms aren't equal :P

Well I'm personally looking forward to this. I love UROBOROS but I'm curious to hear whether the songs can remain good even with a "new" sound :mrgreen: BTW just to make sure - I hope people are aware of the difference between "re-making" and "re-mastering" because these 2 terms aren't equal :P

i would even differ between:

re-recording

re-mixing and

re-mastering.

btw which is it in this case? are they also gonna record some new stuff, i heard something about new vocals somewhere? i hope it's a re-mix, mastering alone wouldn't change much, thats just kinda the finishing polish...

The only one I know are the domestic fucker family. Also if any of their new songs were composed by Kyo list those.