Spike760

Dir en grey

Pretty much confirms we won't be getting another UROBOROS.

I don't mind the song after a couple of listens. I love the bass. But in the big picture, I don't know how this album will work if ALL the album tracks are like this.

I wouldn't jump to say that just yet. From what we've heard from the samples, DSS will definitely be closer to Uroboros than anything they've done previously.

Just like how most of their albums are "closest" in sound to the previous? They have never made two albums that sound the same, and this is going to be no exception judging from the 4 songs we already have.

I hope the whole album wont be like almon... is there even a chorus in the song? Not impressed...

IIRC, several places have already reported that most of the album won't be easy listening or catchy, and the single songs were the most sing-along type songs on the entire album.

So yeah expect more songs that don't REALLY have a chorus part i guess

So yeah expect more songs that don't REALLY have a chorus part i guess

I have no problem at all with this. Me likes.

(they're getting less and less commercial :wub: )

shuuji-: thanks a lot for the link! :)

AMON sounds pretty cool, can't wait to hear the rest of the album!! ^^ *pre-ordered already*

don't really like it apart from the album, might be a grower. might be a good skipping candidate.

not enough melody, too repetitious, boring, screams all over the place, what the hell is this srsly

some parts were cool, but rather mediocre overall

^agreed. I already threw down to the bottom of my ranking list.

though I'm curious whether it'll be better symphonically...

Dir en Grey fans confuse me the hell out of me.I was told to listen to this as it was awesome.

It was freaking terrible. I'm just gonna stick with the songs where he sings as i love his singing voice.

^ its also annoying when people assume that anyone who likes the song is automatically a dir en grey fanboy/fangirl who can't see straight. People are capable of forming their own individual opinion and taste in music, just like you have.

But I agree. Its not a great song, let down by the fact it doesn't have a single hook. and most dir en grey songs, no matter how heavy or progressive they get, always have something to keep you interested and coming back for more listens. They've been doing that their whole career - so if the album is like Amon, its going to be a really big departure from anything they've ever done.

Amon was just alright but I can see myself liking it a bit more after upon more listens. Nothing to special though. Hoping the rest of the album isn't like this though :s

Am i the only one who thinks the first Riff of Amon and the riff in 罪と規制 (0:23; for me the riff i mostly remember from that song) sound too familar for 2 songs beeing released so close to each other?

Can somebody please upload AMON to mediafire? My country can't dl from megaupload :(

I sent you a message with a link.

Am i the only one who thinks the first Riff of Amon and the riff in 罪と規制 (0:23; for me the riff i mostly remember from that song) sound too familar for 2 songs beeing released so close to each other?

Those two songs are actually similar in more ways than one. That's probably why i don't like it at all, but if the rest of the album is better, i sort of don't mind it as a fodder. I already end up skipping this and Hageshisa to for sure, so not looking good for me :/

I wouldn't jump to say that just yet. From what we've heard from the samples, DSS will definitely be closer to Uroboros than anything they've done previously.

Highly doubt that. With what the band has been saying this is truly going to be nothing like what they've done before. And that's really the point.

and @filth_y: no, they sound nothing alike. sorry.

reason of editing: Next time could use edit button to add more to your post.

Please minimize double posting that only have few secs differences between each post.

thanks.

-chianti

An interesting bit from the band's twitter:

DIR EN GREY finished their rehearsal for Europe tour today! They rehearsed some old songs as well, wonder which songs they are...?

Excited to be seeing them in December for a fifth time.

Excited to be seeing them in December for a second time.