anadentone

Bands that you think will disband

Gah we're not even half way through the year and already so many bands have disbanded. T_T

I mean  screw disbanding and Masa-chan leaving Anli Pollicino caught me completely off guard. So who do you think will be the next band to disband.

I think :

Anli Pollicino- whenever a band member leaves a veteran group, not a year later the band disbands

D.I.D- they haven't released anything new in what 2 years?

Daizystripper- I dunno why, I just got a feeling

Fear East Dezain- one of my inklings.

Reign- bring back And-eccentric T_T

Golden Bomber (hiatus maybe)- they're getting tired of playing memeshikute all the time i_i

3 hours ago, anadentone said:

Golden Bomber (hiatus maybe)- they're getting tired of playing memeshikute all the time i_i

You think they'll disband only for one song? xD

You're hilarious.

12 hours ago, eiheartx said:

You think they'll disband only for one song? xD

You're hilarious.

XD I can imagine them going "This song again? ugh I quit" XD

Tbh Ensoku had a phase where they really hated playing This is a Pen too and refused to do it from what I hear

but they accepted it's their life (and even wrote it into the lyrics for it) lmao

anyway 

it's rarely ever the bands I expect and i prefer not to speculate most of the time.
Besides Souiumono and Oneness, I wasn't surprised about them and was guessing for a while that they'd be breaking up.... and then they did.

Edited by anakuro

8 minutes ago, anadentone said:

didn't they break up?

No, it's a hiatus to give band members time to heal and whatnot. Supposedly they're going to be back in time for their 20th anniversary, but I wouldn't hold my breath. From what I'm hearing Sakito and Hitsugi hate each other. 

2 hours ago, Saishu said:

No, it's a hiatus to give band members time to heal and whatnot. Supposedly they're going to be back in time for their 20th anniversary, but I wouldn't hold my breath. From what I'm hearing Sakito and Hitsugi hate each other. 

This is the second time ive read this. Wheres this coming from?

Also, i see Dir en grey disbanding in the next few years. With Die and Kyo in their own separate bands, Toshiya and his DIRT brand,  and shinya 's constant bouncing around from working with this and that artist, there seems to be no real need for DEG.  Even Kaoru expressed that he'd be down to do solo work. 

26 minutes ago, The MAD Stallion said:

This is the second time ive read this. Wheres this coming from?

Also, i see Dir en grey disbanding in the next few years. With Die and Kyo in their own separate bands, Toshiya and his DIRT brand,  and shinya 's constant bouncing around from working with this and that artist, there seems to be no real need for DEG.  Even Kaoru expressed that he'd be down to do solo work. 

The part about healing and coming back for the anniversary was in the actual comment from the band about the hiatus.  The thing about Sakito and Hitsugi came from somebody here. 

If anything, I think DEG members doing solo work will help DEG in the long run.  Then they aren't sitting stagnant doing the same stuff all the time. 

6 hours ago, chemicalpictures said:

Kra (unfortunately, I can't see them going places, even being one of the most talented dudes around)

RAVE

HERO

D

FEST VAINQUEUR

Sel'm

GOTCHAROCKA

no not fest vainqueur T_T

Gotcharocka I can believe mainly cuz every band Jun's been in didn't survive for too long.

I dread reading these websites some days ;A;

On 5/6/2016 at 0:48 AM, Saishu said:

If anything, I think DEG members doing solo work will help DEG in the long run.  Then they aren't sitting stagnant doing the same stuff all the time. 

Consider the following:

1) DEG bandmates aren't in talking terms with each other ever since DSS. Shinya and Kyo were in fact very open about the fact that they do their thing in the band because "they have to". You do know that considering your job, or in this case DEG musicianship, as some kind of "sweatshop" publicly says a lot about your genuine feelings? Let's not forget those particular DSS/Unraveling moments where they all were pro tools'd on their laptops quietly in the same room instead of idk, initiating a brainstorm/scrum about songwriting?

2) True - solo careers do in fact help to keep things fresh and possibly salvage certain tiresome relationships. However, there are many cases where artists might end up "rediscovering" their calling elsewhere and prefer calling quits on their initial project instead of forcing themselves to backtrack and move on. Kyo was, at least according to those ARCHE interviews with Boo, not attending a significant share of ARCHE-related sessions due to his "preferred focus on solo activities". Roughly put, we could easily assume that he just came in to record a chunk of vocal lines and GTFO'd in an instant.

You might of course call bullshit on each and every bash I make on DEG. However, you should at least take these things in a closer scope and see what I am exactly about.  Their current, "grave" attitude in promos and all that shizznit goes beyond their musical gimmicks - it doesn't take a genius to see that they are visibly and perhaps even audibly (!) very tired of each other (god knows if they do in fact hate each other's guts).

All in all, we might not expect immediate kaisanization or something similar from DEG, but there's more than meets the eye in the midst of bullshit spewed by Will or Patrik about how skeptical fans "have no proofs" or "attempt to spread hysteria" (the latter is of course the phobia of their DEG-dependent identity).

I actually remember reading an interview of DEG long time ago, where they were saying that the guys in the band never really spent any time together to begin with. They've never been like good friends or anything, it's been more of a professional relationship since the start and this was supposedly their strength as a band, cuz everyone concentrates on the creative side of things and I guess you don't get fed up with people that easily if you don't hang around them.

I'm sorry I don't have any source for this, but this was marrow- or pre-marrow era stuff If I remember correctly.

oh and on topic:

before the next album is out, X Japan will call it quits.

Edited by orange~

I don't anticipate DEG lasting another ten years, or maybe not even five!  In all honesty, I was expecting Shinya to peace out at some point during the last few years, but he himself said that DEG is how he expresses himself, so it is/was a viable creative outlet for him as recent as two years ago. 

Or perhaps we'll start getting longer breaks between activity and an increase in material from their various side projects. Who knows. They could become a Buck-Tick, or just go poof and come back later like Dead End or D'erlanger. 

>when deg thread hijack disbandment thread

gotcharocka were supposed to disband like 2 years ago they're still alive oops

d is going to the shits, i believe it

FED is going nowhere, they look to be selling well.

im expecting kaisan from D.I.D. within the year, if not by the end of summer

i remember seeing some disbandment "info" from tanuki a year or so ago, and by year end very, very few of those bands actually ended up disbanding. it goes to show that even the jp fans don't have much of a clue most the time, so these threads are spotty at best (and fun to troll). gazette rip 2017

Edited by emmny

i'm expecting Velvet Eden to disband, then reform, then disband, then reform, then disband and reform again for at least 7 more times before the end of this decade

4 hours ago, Tokage said:

i'm expecting Velvet Eden to disband, then reform, then disband, then reform, then disband and reform again for at least 7 more times before the end of this decade

disband and come back as Velvet Eden 2.0, disband again and come back as Velvet Eden 3rd gen. Break up and come back again as Velvet EdenB48 XD

I'm wondering how much longer X Japan can keep going with all the delays, not even counting Pata's health problems.

And the silence from the Cyntia camp is a little concerning. They got their little butts kicked over that last album. I hope it means a return to form.

I'm not "expecting" them to disband... But let's say I'm not surprised if MEJIBRAY would.

After all it seems that they've been less and less active lately, and that their music has been repeating itself for some time. And that one of their singles/tour were named THE END... or not to be.

2 hours ago, haido said:

I'm not "expecting" them to disband... But let's say I'm not surprised if MEJIBRAY would.

After all it seems that they've been less and less active lately, and that their music has been repeating itself for some time. And that one of their singles/tour were named THE END... or not to be.

MEJIBRAY aren't less active to me, they just released their last CD in april. And they will probably annonce a new release at their tour final on june 11th 

On 7/5/2016 at 6:32 AM, anadentone said:

no not fest vainqueur T_T

Gotcharocka I can believe mainly cuz every band Jun's been in didn't survive for too long.

I dread reading these websites some days ;A;

All the band of which he was part JUN are :

[Se'lavy(Gu.) [2001-2002] → Mar'derayla(Gu.) [2002-2004] → Phantasmagoria(Gu.) [2004 - 2007 / REVIVAL 2007 - 2010 → JUN(ソロ) Solo Project / Attic [ (Vo.&Gu.) [2007 - 2008] → Spiv States(Vo.&Gu.) [2009 - 2012 (HIATUS)] → Gotcharocka(Gu.) [2012 - 2016]]

Unfortunately, the band did not melt because of him x'D he does his work, and also all too well (I love his very playful and melodic guitar solos) 

Spiv States tried to remain in business until the last doing what it can, but it did not succeed because of his collaborators, it was difficult for him to recruit others.. for this he has sent the band in HIATUS! ç_ç