anadentone

Bands that you think will disband

On 28.5.2016 at 8:38 PM, haido said:

I'm not "expecting" them to disband... But let's say I'm not surprised if MEJIBRAY would.

After all it seems that they've been less and less active lately, and that their music has been repeating itself for some time. And that one of their singles/tour were named THE END... or not to be.

I was hearing some possible rumours that they'd be interested in touring outside Japan, which would make sense I guess at their current situation.

I wouldn't be super surprised if they did call it quits though, because they seem to be pretty loose cannon and anything is possible I guess.

I'mma guess

A9

HOLLOWGRAM because Ryo can't sit his ass still for a fucking minute

己龍 won't last that much longer I think. Just a feeling in my gut (EDIT: Just caught up with kiryu and they're playing twice at budokan in less than a year. I take it back)

GOTCHAROCKA put my money down on this. Partly because I want Jui to be in another group like vidoll

Not so much VK but, BABYMETAL because the girls are getting old now. They will probably replace them with fresher ones.

MEJIBRAY not because of THE END titles or whatever. They're a rock band, 'the end' is just an obvious title to use just like idol groups love the words 'kira kira' 'fuwa fuwa' and 'sora no hoshi'. I think they'll disband same reason as someone said about Diru. Doesn't seem like the members get along. I remember hearing about Mia and Koichi hating each other? Dunno.

UNiTE

Edited by Platy

58 minutes ago, Platy said:

I'mma guess

A9

HOLLOWGRAM because Ryo can't sit his ass still for a fucking minute

己龍 won't last that much longer I think. Just a feeling in my gut

GOTCHAROCKA put my money down on this. Partly because I want Jui to be in another group like vidoll

Not so much VK but, BABYMETAL because the girls are getting old now. They will probably replace them with fresher ones.

MEJIBRAY not because of THE END titles or whatever. They're a rock band, 'the end' is just an obvious title to use just like idol groups love the words 'kira kira' 'fuwa fuwa' and 'sora no hoshi'. I think they'll disband same reason as someone said about Diru. Doesn't seem like the members get along. I remember hearing about Mia and Koichi hating each other? Dunno.

UNiTE

Babymetal old!? I know that the Idol world is weird but now that they grown up, I appreciate a lot more songs .. the voice of Suzuka is more powerful, she has a bright future as a singer! :3

For Mejibray however, I also agree that it is time to disband..  they are monotonous and without a purpose, the noise caused by their musical instruments and screams at random and nothing more! D:

11 minutes ago, Serox said:

Babymetal old!? I know that the Idol world is weird but now that they grown up, I appreciate a lot more songs .. the voice of Suzuka is more powerful, she has a bright future as a singer! :3

Their latest album is great!! Don't get me wrong, the main vocalist is very talented and I hope she will go on to do her own solo stuff if babymetal do break up. But to start, she definitely doesn't have that Kawaii face that most Idol-like groups look for and she will be in her 20's soon if she isn't. I just get the feeling BABYMETAL might become a group where the girls 'graduate' and they bring in more to carry on the band. If it doesn't I will be pleasantly surprised :yeah:

Hollowgram is still active? I could have sworn they had vanished and Ryo was now singing in Keel... Then again everytime I check on him he is doing something different.

D may be going downhill musically speaking, but as long as Asagi can sing (and even his disease hasn't fully stopped him yet) D will remain active. All we can do is pray he gets over that whole Alice in Wonderland piñata-like-thing and takes a long good look at his first works.

That whole DEG thing sounds exactly like L'Arc en Ciel... which means that, exactly like L', instead of calling it quits once and for all they'll throw some separate recordings together, release something every once in a while, make a shitload of money and keep ignoring each other. I wouldn't put my money on their disbandment, since they are actually expecting us to put it in their new single.

Crim just left Elysion and, sadly, his girly looks are what seem to make them popular (at least on social media and among all vk listeners I know outside this forum), so I'm guessing they won't last much longer.

I don't see DEG going anywhere. If they do break up they'll be back together in a few years. That band is one of the few internationally successful bands... Relative to other Japanese bands.  They would be stupid to toss it away even if their hearts aren't in it. They could  just keep doing side things.

And I don't see Babymetal changing their members... That shit would fly in Japanese with people "graduating", but not overseas. People like Babymetal because the pop and metal fusion.  It's not because it's a bunch of teenagers doing it.

On 14/8/2016 at 0:10 AM, Komorebi said:

Crim just left Elysion and, sadly, his girly looks are what seem to make them popular (at least on social media and among all vk listeners I know outside this forum), so I'm guessing they won't last much longer.

Oh yes.. he is the most popular member of the band.. (about 3000 followers on twitter) i hope they don't decide to disband ç__ç They are the worthy successors of Megaromania!

On 17/08/2016 at 10:44 AM, Kiyoharu is God said:

And I don't see Babymetal changing their members... That shit would fly in Japanese with people "graduating", but not overseas. People like Babymetal because the pop and metal fusion.  It's not because it's a bunch of teenagers doing it.