JMusicMaxcaz

the GazettE New Single, New DVD & New Album

Yeah, I guess the GazettE always was Ruki's baby, therefore them being pretty much submissive to Ruki's phases and musical directions. For TOXIC and DIVISION those were heavy electronics, DIM was darker, but from what I can recall it was pretty much all Ruki too.

I agree on DIVISION though, he claimed the second disc would be similar to DIM before it was released and I'm sure that everyone with ears that has heard the album can agree that disc 2 of DIVISION didn't even sound slightly similar to DIM (apart from Yoin being a Chizuru x DIM SCENE rip-off). Besides, NIL and SR both were rather different albums as a whole imo, so saying it will sound like NIL and SR doesn't give us much to work with either. Question remains if Ruki's grown out of his electronics-phase. Judging from him saying it won't be like TOXIC and DIVISION I'd like to believe so, but I'm not believing anything he says until I've heard it myself.

eagerly awaiting ruki's progressive dreamfunk phase

Judging from Ruki's comment about sounding closer to NIL and STACKED RUBBISH, I have a feeling that BEAUTIFUL DEFORMITY will sound a lot like DIVISION FRAGMENT [VEIN] (Disc 1). Still, as much as I loved TOXIC and DIVISION overall, I DO NOT want another album that sounds like either of the two.

It would also be cool if the band composed an actual song to close off the album, among the likes of 体温 or DIM SCENE.

Judging from Ruki's comment about sounding closer to NIL and STACKED RUBBISH, I have a feeling that BEAUTIFUL DEFORMITY will sound a lot like DIVISION FRAGMENT [VEIN] (Disc 1). Still, as much as I loved TOXIC and DIVISION overall, I DO NOT want another album that sounds like either of the two.

It would also be cool if the band composed an actual song to close off the album, among the likes of 体温 or DIM SCENE.

DIM SCENE is absolutely perfect, the way it starts off slow and rather dark and it sort of just picks up the pace then blasts off after the solo. This song live at Tokyo Dome was their best performance to date IMO. What I really want though is another song like Nakigahara

All right, well, after watching MELT live, I can say that MELT is so much better than their OMEGA live. OMEGA was a little dull except for SUICIDE CIRCUS performance but this one had so many good ones, the intro to Dripping Insanity, the transition to Kago no Sanagi, it was all so much better than OMEGA. I haven't gotten a chill during one of their lives since TOKYO DOME. I'm also glad that Ruki was finally creative with his voice. They got down the atmospheres for sure this time. Kago no Sanagi definitely had a very good atmosphere about it and they performed the acoustic section very nicely.

About Ruki's statement about the album:

This gives me SOME hope. SR is actually the first album I heard from the gazettE that got me hooked on to them back in the day and NIL is another personal favorite. IF what Ruki says is true then I believe we might be in for a treat and I hope he isnt lying. I feel for many GazettE fans or borderline fans...this new album is the make it or break it for them. TOXIC, no matter how many Gazeheads may try to justify it was a complete and utter mess and the above post confirms this regarding the OMEGA live. DIVISION is looked at with a higher bit of regard because it's a more better version of TOXIC. If this new album is anything less than what RUKI is saying then its a wrap. Good game. See you when Sony isn't (excuse my french) Buttfucking you. 3'rd times the charm. They've been hella quiet besides the lives so lets see how this goes. I swear to goodness...if I hear another filth in the beauty/average drop open b/c metalcore riff come from my speakers, I'm gonna beat someone with a stick.

I need the new album. And I hope it is still having electro influence.

They crafted such interesting work with it.

Though cool for fans of their older material, I fear the emphasis on drawing from old sounds just for the sake of a fanbase -- aka "fan service". Yeah, it's cool that they're going to draw on influences from NIL and Stacked Rubbish; but it feels like a set back in terms of their development. The GazettE can keep plunging forward with a unique idea, sound, concept, whatever; but when they feel the need to revert back to a sound 7+ years old, it worries me. Great for fans of their old material; but is it really that good of an idea in the first place? After all it's not their "old sound" that set them apart from other VK bands -- it was their willingness to adapt and evolve faster than any other VK band. They do what they want, and that's what makes them so interesting.

True, but like you said, their willingness to adapt and evolve. Going back to the old sound with all the new stuff to the vault, they have learned to help create an even more improve sound upon the old sound. I'm not as worried with all of this new information as I was when they announced the information for Toxic and Division

Anyways, new update: on one of the Facebook pages for the Gazette, there was a translation of one Aoi's tweets saying that they are currently mixing the new album and that title song has a cool sound to it

I like the cover actually, BUT FORBIDDEN BEAVER~!?!?!?! wow! lol Probably going to be their heavy song. Or maybe something like Clever Monkey

CLEVER MONKEY...FORBIDDEN BEAVER...

Ruki, are you even translating those titles? Unless it's a pussy song, then dunno - MIGHT be a good Gazette song idea.

It might be a pussy song, he already made one about his penis and sex (looking at you MY DEVIL ON THE BED) Anyways, I am more than freaking excited for this now. I can just feel my mentality slipping and just being replaced with "The GazettE" words.

Does this have a release date yet? Weird to have a cover and track list before a release date. Excited though because I love them and ready for some probable lolz at Forbidden Beaver.

Does this have a release date yet? Weird to have a cover and track list before a release date. Excited though because I love them and ready for some probable lolz at Forbidden Beaver.

August 21st