JMusicMaxcaz

the GazettE New Single, New DVD & New Album

eh...not feeling it really. Like Rez said, the main riff is so incredibly dull that nothing around it can make it sound even remotely interesting. I hope this isn't indicative of BEAUTIFUL DEFORMITY too much (also FORBIDDEN BEAVER is kind of cool but the other songs are snooze-worthy).

I mixed and randomized it in with Stacked Rubbish album and went about my usual interenetz, didn't really hear too much of a difference in the overall feel of that album with the newer songs added in. I liked it with a more  focused listening after

I don't know how correct I'm reading this but Ruki posted on his twitter that their OHP will be changing and that they are going to be announcing something new on there. I'm guessing it's more info on their live final.

Yokohama Arena, again.

8236_471883326240210_917509578_n.jpg

Ruki:How was FADELESS this time?
Were those of you who like heavy songs unsatisfied? And for those of you who like melodious songs, was the melodiousness too weak? We made it just along that fine line. It has a feeling of excitement that doesn’t quite hit the peak. To achieve that we carefully cooked it over a period of who knows how many months.

Ruki: Our NEW ALBUM “BEAUTIFUL DEFORMITY” will be released in October. Our Single this time is a so-called preceding Single. For it’s image, the album is like the elements of the 5 of us are spread all over. Before we play a song, we do a one song jam session. It’s like it lets us synchronize our minds.

Ruki: I think we’re certainly becoming like a “band”. And our next album, which all of you who listened to FADELESS are imagining, will probably betray your expectations. When you listen to FADELESS at that time, I think you’ll synchronize to the image that I have now.
Furthermore, its radiance should increase.
It will certainly be delicious once more.

COMPOSERS:

FADELESS: Ruki

QUIET: Uruha

FORBIDDEN BEAVER: Aoi

So hang on, they purposely made the songs seem bland? Not heavy enough for the heavy people and not "melodiousness" enough for the melodious people? Those tricky bastards! hahah

^ You should have copied the source as well. [x]

Just putting back what I said in the review section:

I find Aoi composing Forbidden Beaver to be very strange since, I mean, he's the one who supposedly composed Shiroki Yuutsu, D.L.N & Bathroom and for him to compose such a disjointed song like Forbidden Beaver...e_e

It's so weird....

To achieve that we carefully cooked it over a period of who knows how many months.

lol really?

I find Aoi composing Forbidden Beaver to be very strange since, I mean, he's the one who supposedly composed Shiroki Yuutsu, D.L.N & Bathroom and for him to compose such a disjointed song like Forbidden Beaver...e_e

It's so weird....

There was no source given, a friend of mine just told me this info over twitter

It's so weird....

Aoi also composed "Maggots" which is by far THE WORST Gazette song ever (and much more disjointed than SEX ADDIKSHOONN-song)

Just a reminder :)

In other words "we know the single sucks but we'll just say that we didn't even try so that we can trick people into thinking we aren't completely burned up yet (and this is all we can still do) and that they'll buy BEAUTIFUL DEFORMITY anyway".

Also tbqh I don't think Aoi should compose any more than he's doing already because out of all the songs Aoi's songs are usually the ones I find the dullest. Also is Reita ever going to compose anything again?

I am gonna get way too off-topic with this but

http://kazukokun.blogspot.fi/2011/05/gazette-song-composser.html (it's not 100% reliable but you get some ideas straight anyway)

You would say the "definitive" work of Gazette is done mainly by Ruki and Uruha, so I guess they should have just stuck to two-man cooperation instead of "yeah, Ruki is making 10 songs at home while the rest can come up with 2-3 songs probably" (fits perfectly for Division - the hell, songs itself sound like they were pro-tools'd to death )

Or other option - for Gazette to go on a long hiatus, and Ruki to find himself through solo career a la http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m36ftwXhN01rsizeso1_r1_400.jpg'>Sonny Moore from ex-"From First to Last"-fame

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9vmSerNkwI
A good excerpt of Ruki's possible solo work, also see: Deep-end clothing OHP

Reita only composed the intro to Miseinen? Lame haha. That's one of their great songs, I thought he composed it entirely. Respect for Aoi for being the composer of Shiroki Yuuutsu, Hanakotoba, AN UNBEARABLE FACT, and D.L.N.

Naturally, the ones that i'm more attracted to were Uruha-composed: VOICELESS FEAR, DIM SCENE, Baretta, HESITATING MEANS DEATH, and Kyomu no Owari Hakozume no Mokoshi.

As for Ruki, it's safe to assume he composes all the title tracks: VORTEX, RED, REGRET, SHIVER, the whole BEFORE I DECAY single, but props to him for Nausea and Shudder, Naraku, and CALM ENVY

Pretty much agree with Augie...

I think Reita can make good songs...I mean miseinen was pretty sick....even if he just came up with the intro part, he at least gave the band a direction for the song to be developed. But Bite to All....eh...I would want him to stay away from that. It's not bad, just not all that memorable.

It's so hard to judge Kai's music style because he's only composed one song (at least on the site), but I did highly enjoy Ganges ni Akai Bara...love the dancability of it. So I'd be curious to see how his song turn out.

If they are burnt from ideas, maybe they should let their minor composers (Kai and Reita and possibly Aoi) come up with the majority of songs for a change.

It's so hard to judge Kai's music style because he's only composed one song (at least on the site), but I did highly enjoy Ganges ni Akai Bara...love the dancability of it. So I'd be curious to see how his song turn out.

If they are burnt from ideas, maybe they should let their minor composers (Kai and Reita and possibly Aoi) come up with the majority of songs for a change.

I think it's more a case of them not feeling adequate enough to compose a lot of material so they consciously choose not to. If they wanted to compose more I feel like they would.

Also didn't Kai compose something on DIVISION? That should make two songs.

I think it's more a case of them not feeling adequate enough to compose a lot of material so they consciously choose not to. If they wanted to compose more I feel like they would.

Also didn't Kai compose something on DIVISION? That should make two songs.

Kago no Sanagi was a part of Kai's doings too

According to Ruki's twitter, shooting for the spot for the album was shot today in Ibaraki.

I didn't expect the SPOT so soon. For DIVISION, we got the two PV previews and then we got the spot. Same went for TOXIC. I'm guessing the editing for the Spot should be done soon and we get it by start of September

I wonder if they're bundiing it with the album PV DVD, akin to diplosomia video, or it's gonna be a concert-only cinematic, same way like invisible wall backdrop during dim era concerts

Well, the DIVISION spot showed all three PVs for the album (Ibitsu, Derangement, Diplosomia) with Attitude playing as BGM so who knows. We haven't gotten a tracklist yet so we don't really know if there is only one PV or if there are two. The spot could be just like it was for FADELESS, showing a 10-15 second clip with a Ruki voiceover saying the title