JMusicMaxcaz

the GazettE New Single, New DVD & New Album

About MM tho:

Does "DEVOURING ONE ANOTHER" remind anyone of Manson's "This is the New Shit"?

Seriously tho

I'm getting some "Golden Age of Grotesque" vibes from "BEAUTIFUL DEFORMITY," especially "DEVOURING ONE ANOTHER."

I think the logo font helps too...

All that's missing is for them to wear suits, and RUKI to cover his face with cocaine white face paint and wear a Mickey Mouse hat.

On a serious note, loving, absolutely LOVING, how the intro/outro tracks bleed-in with their neighbouring songs.

The reason I complained earlier about MALFORMED BOX and CODA being "SE tracks" is because ones like Diplosomia, XI, OMEGA, etc, seem like sorry, lazy excuses to not write actual songs to open/close their respective albums. None of those tracks really mix in well with their neighbouring songs, and they just seem like instrumentals you could place before or after any song with electro bleep-bloops.

I could make specific examples about this (in case I'm not making any sense :P), but I think this is enough ranting for now.

-INSIDE BEAST’s chorus is a direct 1:1 rip-off of THE SUICIDE CIRCUS’ prechorus. this is embarrassing.

Wow, I haven't noticed this at all. But damn, it is an EXACT copy of suicide circus' prechorus xD

I don't think it was intentional tho.

GazettE is worth the hype.

at last some words to those moments, where this record hits rock bottom. those moments tear this records’ overall rating down to the ground.

-INSIDE BEAST’s chorus is a direct 1:1 rip-off of THE SUICIDE CIRCUS’ prechorus. this is embarrassing.

-LAST HEAVEN’s terribly uninspiring break down (2:29-2:50). There are thousands of better possibilities to get a little mood change into a song and widen its dynamics. Seriously, this song goes from 10/10 to 0/10 and back.

-LOSS’ direct copy of Yoin’s prechorus (0:48-1:02 in LOSS, 1:20-1:28 in Yoin)

Here's where I have my troubles with your post. I, in no absolute way, see a similarity in INSIDE BEAST's chorus and SUICIDE CIRCUS's pre-chorus, the tempo is different, maybe thd rumming does but I did not hear the similarities and I even played the parts together and I still can't hear what you're talking about. Also, Yoin repeats the first 8 measures of that small section you mentioned, whereas LOSS has the same guitar "strum-mute" technique, but the drums, vocals, and even the guitars themselves start taking in a different way than Yoin, so once again, I don't see the similarites aside from the guitar.

The following are deductions based on what I've read:

I think we can all begin to agree that UNTIL IT BURNS OUT and THE TINY STUPID INSECT belong to the group of "Worst songs on BD" and I agree, we can agree that REDO and LAST HEAVEN are one of the better ballads to come out in a long while, we can agree that INSIDE BEAST is crazy and a bit inncohesive but has the most catchiest chorus that gets you hooked, we can agree that MALFORMED BOX and CODA blend in beautifully to their neighboring songs.

I do have to agree with Jigsaw9's impression of TO DAZZLING DARKNESS, I think it's probably the best song on BD and CODA helps out with that (Naturally, Uruha composed the two best songs on here)

How are people not talking about Reita's bass section in INSIDE BEAST (1:55-2:09), it's probably my favorite Reita moment in this album

Here's where I have my troubles with your post. I, in no absolute way, see a similarity in INSIDE BEAST's chorus and SUICIDE CIRCUS's pre-chorus, the tempo is different, maybe thd rumming does but I did not hear the similarities and I even played the parts together and I still can't hear what you're talking about. 

I think he wasn't talking about the "mou modorenai" bit, but the bit just before that ("all has been erased, a chain reaction"). That part is almost identical to INSIDE BEAST's chorus.

The only thing identical is the order and contrast of Ruki's cleans with the band's combined shouts. In terms of progression, it's nothing alike.

So no, it's not a "direct 1:1 rip-off of THE SUICIDE CIRCUS’ prechorus" when only one element is similar.

I think he wasn't talking about the "mou modorenai" bit, but the bit just before that ("all has been erased, a chain reaction"). That part is almost identical to INSIDE BEAST's chorus.

yep, thats what I meant.

OF COURSE it is not a "direct 1:1" rip off, which would mean its the EXACT SAME thing. The key is different, and of course there are differences in the instrumentals.

but I am a musician myself, and as a musician you know your own stuff SO WELL, because you spend a lot of time with one song.

and I am 10000000% sure, that gazette's guys knew they are taking this melody line from SUICIDE CIRCUS, and the guitar trick from yoin and just changing a bit here and there in the hope no body would recognize this.

and thats the point where I lose some respect towards musicians.

and I am 10000000% sure

Except that you're not. How can you possibly be sure of that ? You do realise that you having a good memory of all of your work, does not necessarily mean that the same goes for every other artist. Especially a band that has made an incredible lot of songs.

You do realise that you having a good memory of all of your work, does not necessarily mean that the same goes for every other artist. Especially a band that has made an incredible lot of songs.

are you serious here?

they spend like 100 hours per song minimum composing and producing it. They play them live alot of times. They know their songs by heart.

assuming gazette didn't know they are copying is an insult to their intelligence.

and I am 10000000% sure, that gazette's guys knew they are taking this melody line from SUICIDE CIRCUS, and the guitar trick from yoin and just changing a bit here and there in the hope no body would recognize this.

and thats the point where I lose some respect towards musicians.

The problem is, you're not even 1% sure that the GazettE did anything like that because you don't know. You don't know if it was intentional or not, and I don't either. So that's why I'm not going to just start making stuff up and guessing.

All we know is that it's somewhat similar. That similarity becomes less remarkable when you realize the timing is the same in both songs (4/4), and both parts rely on quarter notes for the vocal delivery; but something like that, is so ridiculously common, you can't fault the GazettE for doing it twice.

If I said that Devouring One Another is my favorite non-instrumental on the album, how many people would call me a basket case? show of hands.

Actually, I find myself liking this song more and more. It's pretty well composed by aoi.

If I said that Devouring One Another is my favorite non-instrumental on the album, how many people would call me a basket case? show of hands.

actually, same here

I also kept until it burns out, SE's and 黒く澄んだ空と残骸と片翅 in my current playlist and play to dazzling darkness occasionally, everything else is p. forgettable.

The problem is, you're not even 1% sure that the GazettE did anything like that because you don't know. You don't know if it was intentional or not, and I don't either.

their 4 whole years worth of recent material has been a repeated malformed recyclefest terror tbh, at this point "you don't know" argument doesn't really work.

The problem is, you're not even 1% sure that the GazettE did anything like that because you don't know. You don't know if it was intentional or not, and I don't either. So that's why I'm not going to just start making stuff up and guessing.

All we know is that it's somewhat similar. That similarity becomes less remarkable when you realize the timing is the same in both songs (4/4), and both parts rely on quarter notes for the vocal delivery; but something like that, is so ridiculously common, you can't fault the GazettE for doing it twice.

I listen to gazette since 8 years, I know every song of them. NEVER did something happen like that, where I listened to this once and IMMEDIATELY KNEW I heard this in a WAY TO SIMILAR style before. i repeat myself, it never happened before in any of gazettes discography. It happens sometimes between two songs from different artists, and then of course i can't tell if anyone has stolen from anybody, since I just can't know if this artist has listened to that other artist's song before.

so please just let it be and accept that this is some brutal copying.

it is.

I think what relentless is mostly driving at is not whether there was actual copying going on but whether if they copied this from their OWN SONG or from somewhere else. Even if something sounds ridiculously similar it's quite possible this wasn't done on purpose like "oh wait I need a pre-chorus let's take the same riffs from THE SUICIDE CIRCUS", but more like it's something that is done a lot of times before by other artists, which is usually what people refer to when they speak of recent GazettE: that it's dull and has been done so many times before. It's quite possible they used the same influences on the pre-choruses of said songs instead of just blatantly copying their own stuff.

Even if older GazettE material didn't have this, I think we can pretty much all agree that the taste of the band itself has changed, which also means other and (perhaps) fewer/limited influences. So even if these do sound similar (which I'm not denying) we can't say for a 100% sure that they ripped this off from their own song or if they just used the same influence.

/also I think I'll be moving these posts to the respective thread in news because we're getting a bit off-topic here

I love the fact that the lyrics for CODA is a really short poem involving some of the song titles in it:

CODA

Beautiful shapes

Five shadows creep over a malformed box
Ugly feelings that can never be stifled are that of a beast’s form
Transient dreams
A providence born of devouring one another
When you hide your real nature, you become the lie
Warmth fades away with a silent rain
Death and rebirth bloom on a gentle incline
Memories disappear into a sea of loss
Distracting ideas have sprung from wings sticking inside my skull
The path from the cradle until now, it knows no love
If the white I grasp when I abandon my essence is the proper thing, then I’ll go on to the deepest black
Below a square sky, flowers grow on soil where dead bodies rest
The beautiful deformity proceeds into a dazzling darkness
The end and the beginning