JMusicMaxcaz

the GazettE New Single, New DVD & New Album

I hate to break this to you guize, but songwriter credits hardly mean shit, especially when a bulk of their stuff doesn't even have such ( Don't quote me on that, but I recall that especially the first five EP's have none ). We don't know the in's and out's of their writing process, how it has been before and how it is now. if you really think that they don't have time to polish their stuff, then what about the first few years of their career. They released five mini's, a few singles and a full album in the span of two years and those releases are arguably their best shit. Despite the """"slow"""" period around DIM and TOXIC, their release schedule as of late hasn't been much different of what this band has gotten used to. Stop speculating.

I hate to break this to you guize, but songwriter credits hardly mean shit, especially when a bulk of their stuff doesn't even have such ( Don't quote me on that, but I recall that especially the first five EP's have none ).

Incorrect. Songwriting credits are not some arbitrary tag that is tossed around for little to no purpose, it denotes the driving artistic force behind a song whether we know the specifics of HOW they write or not. Knowing how it was written, is irrelevant.

If it hardly meant shit, Ringo Starr wouldn't have gotten credit for Octopus's Garden. Instead, they would have just gone with the same "Lennon / McCartney" tag that showed up on 99% of the Beatles' discography -- or not even included it at all.

Though we may not know specifics of how things are written with bands, assuming that songwriting credits "hardly mean shit" is ridiculous and is, by extension, disrespect to those credited for writing a given piece.

Incorrect. Songwriting credits are not some arbitrary tag that is tossed around for little to no purpose, it denotes the driving artistic force behind a song whether we know the specifics of HOW they write or not. Knowing how it was written, is irrelevant.

If it hardly meant shit, Ringo Starr wouldn't have gotten credit for Octopus's Garden. Instead, they would have just gone with the same "Lennon / McCartney" tag that showed up on 99% of the Beatles' discography -- or not even included it at all.

Though we may not know specifics of how things are written with bands, assuming that songwriting credits "hardly mean shit" is ridiculous and is, by extension, disrespect to those credited for writing a given piece.

True, I should have elaborated that I meant in the case of this band solely, and with that I still stick to my guns. What was being argued here, was that this band has changed when it comes to the writing process and I think this is not the case. There's just nothing to go by here. Early part of their career is poorly documented and sometimes there a contradictions too ( In Road To Nameless Liberty Uruha says he composed Discharge, credited writer however was Ruki IIRC )

I hate to break this to you guize, but songwriter credits hardly mean shit, especially when a bulk of their stuff doesn't even have such ( Don't quote me on that, but I recall that especially the first five EP's have none ). We don't know the in's and out's of their writing process, how it has been before and how it is now. if you really think that they don't have time to polish their stuff, then what about the first few years of their career. They released five mini's, a few singles and a full album in the span of two years and those releases are arguably their best shit. Despite the """"slow"""" period around DIM and TOXIC, their release schedule as of late hasn't been much different of what this band has gotten used to. Stop speculating.

Welp then by your logic, it seems like the band as of recently in terms of both Ruki's writing as well as the others, have thrown in the towel and just produce mediocre songs because they don't feel like trying anymore. And if they do try, its for two or three songs on a release while the rest is barely note worthy.

^ Yeah ur right

I just really hope the album wont have repetitive chords in it like Division.

Definitely agree with this but if FADELESS is even the smallest inclination towards the album, it sounds like they won't. Aside from the main riff, Uruha and Aoi both played their own respective melodies

Anyone here going to try and listen to the NACK 5 show? it's going to be 4 hours long so i know not everybody will take time to do that xD

So wait basically this album is releasing in 6 days and there isn't a PV spot yet, nor are there any song previews?

So wait basically this album is releasing in 6 days and there isn't a PV spot yet, nor are there any song previews?

Nope no previews at all , maybe the show tomorrow that they are hosting ..and thats just ''Maybe''

Nope no previews at all , maybe the show tomorrow that they are hosting ..and thats just ''Maybe''

Do you happen to know where I can watch this show ?

I know some of you may not agree but imagine if the album sounded like this ive got goosebumbs couse i listened to this after two years

before I decay was their last release on kind records iirc, so I v. much doubt the coming album will sound anything like this.

their producers are obviously very different on nil - dim and toxic - deformity.

Very true but i dont know why but i still believe something good will come out of this album.

Very true but i dont know why but i still believe something good will come out of this album.

Being a fan of the band, you hope that they will release material that you enjoy, and I totally empathize with that. I'm sure everyone does.

Being a fan of the band, you hope that they will release material that you enjoy, and I totally empathize with that. I'm sure everyone does.

Well yeah, but i still think a lot of people will be dissapointed, but that what comes when you have a band there are ups and downs..

Not only that, but FADELESS has also made a pretty good impression on me, along with FORBIDDEN BEAVER. I didn't like QUIET as much tbh, just the solo.

Plenty of people who used to dig the GazettE or are just curious what this big band puts out now will try the album, thus a higher chance of negative reviews. I'll explain this in the next paragraph. If I think an album isn't good, I will write a negative review but there's a difference between a detailed review on what you didn't like and the "lol this sucks I lost all faith in them gazerock is dead"-review.

GazettE has done quite a lot of different things and for each theme that they did they have a specific group of fans. You have the group that prefers their first few singles/minis from when they just started, the NIL group, the STACKED RUBBISH group, then there's the DIM group (including myself) and the ones that like a little bit of everything. Each album is different in a sense and the least amount of variety in between albums of the GazettE were TOXIC and DIVISION. This is the risk if you change for every album. You'll keep all fans and most of them will be disappointed it doesn't sound like NIL/STACKED RUBBISH/DIM, etc.

Plenty of people who used to dig the GazettE or are just curious what this big band puts out now will try the album, thus a higher chance of negative reviews. I'll explain this in the next paragraph. If I think an album isn't good, I will write a negative review but there's a difference between a detailed review on what you didn't like and the "lol this sucks I lost all faith in them gazerock is dead"-review.

GazettE has done quite a lot of different things and for each theme that they did they have a specific group of fans. You have the group that prefers their first few singles/minis from when they just started, the NIL group, the STACKED RUBBISH group, then there's the DIM group (including myself) and the ones that like a little bit of everything. Each album is different in a sense and the least amount of variety in between albums of the GazettE were TOXIC and DIVISION. This is the risk if you change for every album. You'll keep all fans and most of them will be disappointed it doesn't sound like NIL/STACKED RUBBISH/DIM, etc.

I couldnt agree more i think a belong to the group that like bit of everything , but youl wrote in excelent way .

I'm in between that DIM group and the everything else group, but that was a brilliant way to put it. I'm hoping for something that will blow me away here. The only thing that blew me away from TOXIC was Untitled and Ruthless Deed. Division was a better album and I'm just hoping that this album is better than the rest of them. Of course it's not going to beat DIM or maybe Stacked Rubbish but it would be nice if it came close to it.

Guest mitsubana

Ya, I was the NIL and STACKED RUBBISH lol