JMusicMaxcaz

the GazettE New Single, New DVD & New Album

As much as I think this song and possibly the album will be legit, I really hope somewhere down the line they decide to change their tuning. They've done everything possible in drop B. Not saying they have to pull a Dir and go full drop A or something (even though Ruthless Deed is pretty nice), but some kind of change would be nice. 

Most of TOXIC was in Drop B or A except for UNTITLED and the singles..DIVISION had some of the ballads in drop C and the rest in Drop B. Would be nice to hear some higher tuned songs

Most of TOXIC was in Drop B or A except for UNTITLED and the singles..DIVISION had some of the ballads in drop C and the rest in Drop B. Would be nice to hear some higher tuned songs

There's also REMEMBER THE URGE which was done in drop A# 

+ Drop C was utilized at certain points even before Toxic/DIVISION. Say, did everyone forget Nakigahara or Shadow VII II I? Anyways, they should go with standard tuning sometimes (unless it would cause Ruki to strain his vocals)

I think Uruha used drop C in "Voiceless Fear" and "RED (live)" too

There's also REMEMBER THE URGE which was done in drop A# 

+ Drop C was utilized at certain points even before Toxic/DIVISION. Say, did everyone forget Nakigahara or Shadow VII II I? Anyways, they should go with standard tuning sometimes (unless it would cause Ruki to strain his vocals)

I think Uruha used drop C in "Voiceless Fear" and "RED (live)" too

I agree, it's been a long time since they did songs in standard tuning, too long. Songs like shichi gatsu youka and shunsetsu no koro were in standard tuning (I think), and they sounded great.

I agree, it's been a long time since they did songs in standard tuning, too long. Songs like shichi gatsu youka and shunsetsu no koro were in standard tuning (I think), and they sounded great.

The last song which was done in standard tuning was Worthless War I think. Still thinking that it's due to Ruki's current range (which is not really that great, as we know)

The last song which was done in standard tuning was Worthless War I think. Still thinking that it's due to Ruki's current range (which is not really that great, as we know)

Since he switched over to a more "deeper" style of singing, his range seemed to decrease a tiny bit. But I think it still sounds a million times better than when he was singing with that "high pitched" style of his.

I was under the assumption that this was indeed the case as well but I payed close attention to how DRIPPING INSANITY was played on MELT (which is the same thing as UNTITLED) and they used no open notes when it came to the chugging parts. They were indeed on the A# chord on their guitars which were still in drop B. And as for the drop C, songs, they still use Drop B. They just rely on the first fret to get the drop C sound. Watch FITB live or HESITATING, and you'll see it.

Remember the Urge, I believe might be the only exception where I think they actually were tuned to Drop A# but i just watched the vid and i couldn't tell. For all we know it could be in Drop B as well.

EDIT: Nakigahara I believe could be B also. Its in E sharp I believe...? Aoi and Uruha probably just used different guitars just because the sounds fit the sound and mood of the song better.

I may be wrong on some of this so don't take my complete word on it. I'm not THAT knowledgeable on Guitar tech stuff as I should be.

^You don't need the vid to tell whether RTU is drop A# or not - you cannot mishear low A# chugging during verses and in climax. :) (once again, as I said, this song is a pure exception - not sure whether they will come back to this or not)

Remember: Just because something has a certain tuning, doesn't mean that's the implied key (this is obvious, just felt like stating it). If Remember The Urge is played on a guitar tuned down to Drop A#; the key could still be B by resolving on the first fret (similar to what Hellion said with Drop B, playing a C on the first fret) -- throwing in the A# adds tension to the key and a bit of dissonance to go for that "dark" sound.

That low chugging in RTU is unmistakably lower than B. I would go with A# as well.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151955995248728&set=vb.119558368214561&type=2&theater

INSIDE BEAST full pv

Umm...yeah lol. That's all I can say.

So about PV (I am as much confused about song's message as Peace Heavy is atm):

1. Ruki's "inner beast" is a pedophile (notice: the kids, his bed)

2. Uruha's "inner beast" is a masochist (no comment here)

3. Aoi's "inner beast" is a playboy (no comment here, you notice it as well)

4. Reita's "inner beast" is a pyromaniac (ummm okay)

5. Kai's "inner beast" is a sadist (whipping the gimp, k)

So I think it's about "secret fetishes", I guess...? ( I am not the one to talk about PVs like that)

It looks like they kinda got that "weirdness" back from the old days, instead of making "safe" PV's like they did the last few years. That being said, I didn't enjoy this song as much as I expected, I'm looking forward to the rest of the album though.

It just leaked on youtube. I gotta say, with the exception of INSIDE BEAST, it is a complete eargasm 0_o

EDIT : Also, to the guy who said that ruki didn't have a great range, please listen to LOSS.

The most distracting part of the PV for me was the use of the cropping effects. They just seemed cheesy. I mean, the PV kept my attention though, so...

they should have cropped all of the footage out to make that video not look cheesy tbh

INSIDE BEAST sounds like a nu-metal remix of 2NE1's "I AM THE BEST". The bridge between kpop and VK is even more glaring than before.

I kind of regret getting familiar with 2ne1 as I type this, but you're disturbingly accurate.
I hate to see gzt fishing for kpop stan money.

all dem forbidden beavers

LOL.

Also about Ruki's range, I thought the lack of his range was clearly audible in LOSS. It would've sounded so much better with another vocalist.

I usually hate things like this ("ripoff", etc) but I can't go beside the fact that the whole PV is giving me a serious Marilyn Manson - Tainted Love vibe. xDDD From arriving to a party to a big ol' house in a luxurious limo to the scene with Ruki sitting on the bed with jerky movements, etc.

It's all good tho, song's nice of course. :)

I usually hate things like this ("ripoff", etc) but I can't go beside the fact that the whole PV is giving me a serious Marilyn Manson - Tainted Love vibe. xDDD From arriving to a party to a big ol' house in a luxurious limo to the scene with Ruki sitting on the bed with jerky movements, etc.

It's all good tho, song's nice of course. :)

About MM tho:

Does "DEVOURING ONE ANOTHER" remind anyone of Manson's "This is the New Shit"?

Seriously tho

^ Without reading this observation I wouldn't have made that connection on my own but I can hear what you mean. It's more like a general trait imo, I mean of that particular kind of genre and its "musical panels".

LOL.

Also about Ruki's range, I thought the lack of his range was clearly audible in LOSS. It would've sounded so much better with another vocalist.

Opinions differ I guess. In the chorus I thought that ruki hit pretty high notes.