zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

Some discogs are so big that you have no choice but to divide them into a singles and albums folder

My B'z folder is split into singles, albums, mini-albums and compilations. lol 85 subfolders total.

He looks even more like Kisaki without makeup.

tumblr_nmuqntElY41s3j7o4o1_1280.jpg

I am being mindfucked.

He does look like Kisaki a bit wtf

such a shame nice riffage, but the none scream is ass

Today I saw a guy go mental because he missed his bus. He carried lots of bags and a laptop so I assume he was going on a vacation, and his reaction told me he was already late, and missing his bus didn't really help on his day. He went away from the crowd, threw hi bags, and laptop, down on the ground and started jumping on his laptop. The sound of the laptop crushing combined with his overly red face made my day. It was so fucking funny.

its Thursday, vikings day, oh wait the season is over :wan-48: :wan-48: :wan-48: :wan-48: :wan-48: :wan-48: :wan-48: :wan-48: :wan-48: :wan-48: :wan-48: :wan-48: :wan-48:

Treating concepts such as skin colour and gender as primary identifiers gives way to prejudice. Prejudice is the main precursor to discrimination. Discrimination leads to inequality.

So could somebody explain to me how fundamentally separating everybody into different categories such as 'black', 'white', 'male' and 'female' as the basis of an equality movement is, in any way whatsoever, supposed to tackle the issue of inequality? Newsflash: if you're treating people differently based on the thing that you're supposed to be fighting for equality in, then you're enforcing discrimination based on that particular factor. It doesn't matter if you're fighting for the 'minority', because you're simultaneously enforcing the concept that that 'minority' is somehow fundamentally different to the 'majority'; you're enforcing the concept of separation based upon the factor that you're trying to eliminate separation in. I’m seeing a lot of talk about “a policeman killing a black man” but nothing about “a person killing a person”, even though the way to get rid of social constructions is to de-construct them, not to reinforce them whilst simply 'fighting for the other side’. You're supposed to be removing the concept of 'sides' altogether, right?

This is kind of a clusterfuck of an issue, and I couldn't possibly begin to break all of the facets down, but essentially, I agree with you. When it's comes to racism here in America, the reality of it is simply unavoidable. From the African American/Black perspective, there's both institutionalized racism at play and certain inherited (perhaps even cultural at this point) thought patterns that have given rise to a sort of self-imposed oppression. A slave-mentality if you will. With this duality being the one reality for many blacks in America, it's kind of a catch-22. The more you oppose it, the more you perpetuate it, but if you do nothing, then it won't simply go away on it's own.

It creates a paradigm in which people are forced to act (or in this case react) one way or the other. So while I don't agree that rioting or marching will help solve anything, I do understand why people do it. They're hurt, they're angry, they're confused. But unfortunately, I don't think it amounts to anything more than self-gratification in the long run.

I'm not sure what it would take to get people (everyone - oppressed, non-oppressed, oppressors) to reach that point of complete lack of prejudice, but your sentiment is certainly ideal.

It's sickening to see directors and other men in suits from those "charities" on television with a look of delight on their faces at the prospect of millions in donations for the earthquake disaster. :mellow:

Those over at Giro 555 are ordinary thieves who thrive on the misery of others. Dutch people know what I'm talking about.

Sometimes, looking at 80s artists (such as The Rolling Stones for exmple) I wonder if those people were deliberately wearing clothes that were two sizes bigger than them and hanging loose like some trashbag. I'm seriously having a hard time not to laugh watching Mick Jagger swaying his ass in those godawful outfits. I doubt I'll ever understand the 80's fashion sense... lol I think I just got an idea for a new thread.

^ Twenty years from now, you'll laugh at today's sense of fashion when you look back at it. It's just how clothing works, since it became so normal for people to wear clothes, there's been judgemental views on it ever since.

^ Twenty years from now, you'll laugh at today's sense of fashion when you look back at it. It's just how clothing works, since it became so normal for people to wear clothes, there's been judgemental views on it ever since.

So what if it will look ridiculous in twenty years time? Fashions are changing, but certain trends tend to come back every time. Even so I don't think the 80's were an example of good taste in general. Thus I'll reserve my right to joke at its expense.

80's shoulder pads are the greatest. :lol:

It's possible the kids of 2040 will be even more confused when looking at the casual modern day "fashion" styles than the ridiculous 80's outfits to be honest. By that time the 80's might be super cool again because it'll be seen as the major influence on the 2040's while the 10's might be the theatre they laugh at.

Who knows.

And Mick Jagger in 80's clothes still looks better than any visual kei youngster today.

80's shoulder pads are the greatest. :lol:

It's possible the kids of 2040 will be even more confused when looking at the casual modern day "fashion" styles than the ridiculous 80's outfits to be honest. By that time the 80's might be super cool again because it'll be seen as the major influence on the 2040's while the 10's might be the theatre they laugh at.

Who knows.

And Mick Jagger in 80's clothes still looks better than any visual kei youngster today.

I think it's a good thing if we can laugh at past fashion trends, because then at least it would be amusing and could compensate for lack of musical talent or general appeal, as well as make you stand out (unlike some bands of today) :hehe:

Incubus Prince Yuuki-sama needs to anounce a new band assap, hoes getting out of line